Author Topic: Long live the USA (guns)  (Read 2273 times)

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
Re: Long live the USA (guns)
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2013, 11:47:06 PM »
on the other hand you eat meat that you have no idea it has fed upon.  you cant tell if it's been sick or carrying some disease.

semp

Umm...  what on earth are you on about?  Naturalists and hunters have known for a long time (pretty much as long as there has been hunting) what their prey fed upon...  it's kind of a big part of how they trap or stalk or bait them.   It's usually either searching for food, or searching for some mating action that is the undoing of most prey animals.  Also much of the beef you buy in the grocery store is pretty much in the same boat as wildlife when it comes to diet control, nobody knows 'exactly' every plant some steer fed on, because in the summer months they are out grazing wild lands... ... just like wildlife.

As for disease, I have a foot in both worlds, I grew up on and around farms, my Grandfather was a cattle rancher his whole life, but my friends and family also hunt, and I'm a wildlife photographer so I've seen plenty of livestock, and plenty of wildlife.  I can tell you that you are many, many times more likely to find sick livestock then sick wildlife.

Sorry man, but you seem to be displaying your ignorance of both hunting and farming.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 11:49:12 PM by saggs »

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2013, 12:09:28 AM »
Guns should be banned unless your working for the government :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2013, 03:50:47 AM »
HAHAHAHA
EDIT: Let me add those BAR 270 are hard to come by now day's even if you can find one it run you 1500 .

Is that a .22 Colt woodsman? Also is the other a .380 Mustang?
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2013, 03:59:32 AM »
We are a farming culture, meat as well as fish and plants. Any man has the right to feed himself and his family. However, the landscape can no longer support all of us hunting game. Why do you think farming is done, its support more people per acre.

You show a total ignorance of modern sport hunting. We dont hunt nowdays for our primary reason to fill the larder, tho thats always a nice benifit. We hunt in order to sustain the species.

Its wasnt the Disney crowd who brought back the deer, the turkey, the elk, the waterfowl, or is funding almost all wildlife programs in the world. Its the modern sport hunter who is. We are the ones spending the $$$ needed for habitat and protection and if it wasnt for us there would be nothing left.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2013, 05:04:49 AM »
Its wasnt the Disney crowd who brought back the deer, the turkey, the elk, the waterfowl, or is funding almost all wildlife programs in the world. Its the modern sport hunter who is. We are the ones spending the $$$ needed for habitat and protection and if it wasnt for us there would be nothing left.

I've seen this first hand.  At a Ducks Unlimited clay shoot last month in upstate NY the place was full of hunters who had paid a pretty penny to attend, and they continued to donate and buy chances to win prizes etc.  Didn't see one Mickey Mouse.

Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2013, 05:28:03 AM »
Is that a .22 Colt woodsman? Also is the other a .380 Mustang?
No , I wish Rich . It's a Stevens and a S&W . That S&w 9mm is the same gun or one like it that Well Smith used in I am Legend .
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 05:37:06 AM by Flench »
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2013, 05:39:17 AM »

Exactly.....Sportsmen and Sportswomen are the largest contributer of moneys and labor used by the Fed Govt via the Pittman-Robertson Act of 1937
"Through a federal excise tax paid by manufacturers on firearms, ammunition and archery equipment, it provides grant funds for wildlife and habitat conservation projects, projects to provide public use and access to wildlife resources, hunter education, and development and management of shooting ranges."

And its not just hunters.....fisherman also are one of the largest contributers

The Sport Fish Restoration Program was created through the Dingell-Johnson Act of 1950 (Federal Aid in Sport Fish Restoration Act) and the Wallop-Breaux amendments of 1984."

Through a federal excise tax paid by manufacturers on fishing gear and motorboat fuels, it provides grant funds for fishery conservation, boating access, and aquatic education.

So every time Flench and I buy a gun, ammunition, fishing lure, or fuel for my boat.....IM (Gladly) giving money to help save wildlife not only for the good of the planet......but for future generations to enjoy....hunters / fisherman or not

This doesnt even account for the millions raised by orgs like DU, RMEF, SCI, NWTF......i could go on and on.

I've seen this first hand.  At a Ducks Unlimited clay shoot last month in upstate NY the place was full of hunters who had paid a pretty penny to attend, and they continued to donate and buy chances to win prizes etc.  Didn't see one Mickey Mouse.

Excellent organization.......and proud member  :aok
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 05:44:48 AM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2013, 07:34:02 AM »

Guns do only one thing, kill.

I have a closet full of firearms.  No t a single one has ever jumped out and killed anything on it's own.  Do such guns exist?  It would save me the trouble of trekking through the woods to go hunting.

Are you trying to tell me that I bought/inherited the wrong type of guns?

Damnit!   :furious
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2013, 09:29:01 AM »
Couple from my collection. Maybe it will inspire HiTech to model a Luger for my German pilot to fire angrily at an escaping plane after he's forced to bail out of his 109.  :D

XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2013, 09:58:30 AM »
Very nice ReVo .

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2013, 11:21:25 AM »

We are a farming culture, meat as well as fish and plants. Any man has the right to feed himself and his family. However, the landscape can no longer support all of us hunting game. Why do you think farming is done, its support more people per acre.

well then lets stop farming, and clear out the free loaders!!! then only people with guns will survive and we can have a idiot free society!!

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2013, 11:41:33 AM »
Here is my Kimber Stainless II I picked up for less than $500.  The pistol had less than 100 rounds fired through it and is "like new".  Considering what they go for - I got a steal!  I just hope I still own it.  Last time I saw it was 5 years ago in my father's house which has been sold.  Dad tells me my cousin has it...

Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2013, 11:45:52 AM »
Here is my Kimber Stainless II I picked up for less than $500.  The pistol had less than 100 rounds fired through it and is "like new".  Considering what they go for - I got a steal!  I just hope I still own it.  Last time I saw it was 5 years ago in my father's house which has been sold.  Dad tells me my cousin has it...

NICE .  I think I be checking and see . No telling what it sell for now .

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2013, 01:55:02 PM »
Guns and no bullets?

FRESH OUT OF THE OVEN

MADE TODAY...SHOOTEM I'LL MAKE MORE!!!!!!!!!

.357 phillips heads for those stripped out screw heads!

« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 01:58:11 PM by ToeTag »
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2013, 03:20:00 PM »
One day I will retire and move to a state that embraces the hunting, fishing, shooting, outdoors culture that sustains me.

It will be a place where almost everybody hunts or shoots and I bet i wont need to lock my doors at night.

I do love being in the outdoors.