Author Topic: Type only icons without IFF configuration  (Read 864 times)

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
Type only icons without IFF configuration
« on: November 10, 2013, 08:10:24 AM »
Hello,

Is it possible to define in the arena setup options type only icons without names and also made all the colors identical?

What I'm interested is that the only way to distinguish between friend and foe would be by its aircraft type?
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: Type only icons without IFF configuration
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 08:15:21 AM »
Hey artik,

We can do this individually by changing the icon colours to be the same in the GUI options and then setting our icons to 'plane type'. Unfortunately I don't think there is a setting that can force everyone to do it though.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 09:03:17 AM »
The arena settings only allow you to change the distances for when icons appear; you cannot set what the icon displays, or it's color.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 09:50:15 AM »
Thanks

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 05:34:38 PM »
I like the idea though.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 06:52:48 AM »
The individual or personal command is ALT + I (letter i) If you cycle that command it will go from Normal Icons, to Plane Icons, Friendly Icons, then No Icons. Alt + I is not a dot command.

As previously stated, you can control the team/country colors in the GUI setup.

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 01:31:16 PM »
The individual or personal command is ALT + I (letter i) If you cycle that command it will go from Normal Icons, to Plane Icons, Friendly Icons, then No Icons. Alt + I is not a dot command.

As previously stated, you can control the team/country colors in the GUI setup.

The question is not how can I or a general user to do it.

The question is it possible to enforce it for everybody like no - icons options.

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 02:46:14 PM »

The question is it possible to enforce it for everybody like no - icons options.

Sorry, I misunderstood. It can be done using the Arena settings, but has to be set by the CM running that arena. "No icons" has been used in some of the AvA events as I recall. Special Events arenas can be configured, as well. I doubt anyone would tolerate it in any of the MA arenas. That would be like bringing back the Night!  :)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 03:27:29 PM »
Sorry, I misunderstood. It can be done using the Arena settings, but has to be set by the CM running that arena. "No icons" has been used in some of the AvA events as I recall. Special Events arenas can be configured, as well. I doubt anyone would tolerate it in any of the MA arenas. That would be like bringing back the Night!  :)

Go back and re-read the OP again. He asked if there is a setting to only show plane type for all planes (without any names for friendlies), plus have all icons the same color. This would be an arena setting, so all players see the same kind of icon and cannot use the Alt-I toggle to change it just for themselves. As I said earlier, this is not possible with the currently available arena settings.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 05:27:18 PM »
Go back and re-read the OP again. He asked if there is a setting to only show plane type for all planes (without any names for friendlies), plus have all icons the same color. This would be an arena setting, so all players see the same kind of icon and cannot use the Alt-I toggle to change it just for themselves. As I said earlier, this is not possible with the currently available arena settings.

No worries. Except his last post stated "like no-icons". That was why I stated that the arena can be configured. I did not say the users had any controls. I thought you and others responded to the original post correctly.  <shrugs>

« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 05:28:58 PM by K-KEN »