Author Topic: Avast! blocks valid programs  (Read 217 times)

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Avast! blocks valid programs
« on: November 21, 2013, 08:31:04 AM »
On our squad forum a returning brother had problems downloading the game. Some of us tried the download, most of us succeeded. I for one didn't. After several trials I started to believe that despite what my browser said, it wasn't a server problem. Besides, I could download almost everything else from www.hitechcreations.com/downloads. Everything except the game itself and the video. So, knowing that Avast! has lately been a little too eager to quarantine things, I temporarily shut it down. Lo and behold, the download succeeded!

And yes, as I said, Avast! has lately been putting totally legitimate programs into quarantine. The workaround is to put them on the Exclude list until they release a permanent solution. Other programs affected by this are e.g. Passeli by Visma Software (a bookkeeping program), Cubase 5 by Steinberg Software (heck, it even needs an USB dongle to run!) and now AH. On the Avast! forum BF4 and SkyDemon were mentioned not to run, both posts from today. I started a new thread there about the issue, hoping they'd fix the issue soon.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni