Author Topic: Low frame rate  (Read 1381 times)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Low frame rate
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2014, 12:05:03 PM »
Lucky you! I had to buy 1000 pieces of those (yes, a thousand) from our official 3M dealer, because the only equivalents found in local hw stores were the door knob bumpers with a hole in the middle and even those were hard to find as self adhesive. Every market had the screw-in versions... IMO the ball halves look more professinal, too, in the target in question!

I usually use kitchen cabinet door bumpers!

I agree the ones you showed do look more professional but I think it cost 2.99$ for 48 pads!   How much did that 1000 lot cost you..... :devil

:salute

PS: since you dont realy see them I have doubled them up to get some extra height!

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2014, 01:03:36 PM »
Yes, they cost a lot more, about 25 eurocent a piece. But they are full one (1) cm thick so stacking them is not needed. Besides, I charge €60 an hour to install them "as a compliment"  :D
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2014, 05:09:53 PM »
Yes, they cost a lot more, about 25 eurocent a piece. But they are full one (1) cm thick so stacking them is not needed. Besides, I charge €60 an hour to install them "as a compliment"  :D

:aok  Nothing beats customer service!!!

:salute

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2014, 02:10:43 PM »
I would suggest getting MSI Afterburner or GPUZ, left them running in background and play the game. When frame rate is low just swith back to that programs and check GPU temperature. Or better yes use Afterburner's overlay to constantly check video card's load, frame rate and temperature.

I downloaded MSI Afterburner but for some reason it always shows 0°C. Then I downloaded GPUZ and I can't find a temperature readout at all.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2014, 03:01:53 PM »
Update

Bought a cooling pad for the computer, frame rate is now around 50 with the detailed terrain and water on.

Thanks for the help.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s