Author Topic: Combat Challenge III - Black Friday 11/29/13  (Read 437 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Combat Challenge III - Black Friday 11/29/13
« on: November 27, 2013, 09:44:39 PM »
That’s right! It’s back. It’s been over 3 years since Daddog ran the first two Combat Challenges back in 2010 and featured changes to the typical FSO settings like reduced visual settings and radar. This event will be modeled in the style of the first two combat challenges, but with some changes. This event will feature standard FSO settings in frame 1 for people who might not be familiar with FSO and then in frame 2 will go to limited Icons at 1K. Radar will be on in Tower only.

This will be an FSO squad and Walk-on friendly event. All are welcome and it is not mandatory for FSO Squads. This event will take place at regular FSO time at 11PM EST and will run the standard FSO length of 2 hours. It will be unlimited lives in the span of the two hours. All four aircraft will be enabled at T+60.

The objective will be for the two sides to engage in air combat and shoot down enemy aircraft.

Fly what side you want, but I may ask some guys to switch if it becomes to much of an issue, but most importantly have fun!

HOUR 1 –

ALLIED AIRCRAFT

P-38J (A39)
P-47D-11 (A41)

AXIS AIRCRAFT

BF 109G-6 (A104)
FW 190A-5 (A97)

BASIC ARENA SETTINGS HOUR 1

- Terrain FRANCE43
- Fuel 1.00
- Icons (3K for enemy) (3k for friendly)
- Ack  0.5
- Radar will be Tower Only and dot dar.
- Aircraft warning range 12 miles (63,360)
- Tower range set to 12 miles (for display only to match the above setting)
- Visibility 17 miles
- Enemy collisions on
- Kill shooter off

HOUR 2 –

ALLIED AIRCRAFT

P-47D-25 (A41)
P-51B (A39)

AXIS AIRCRAFT

BF 109G-14 (A104)
FW 190A-8 (A97)

BASIC ARENA SETTINGS HOUR 2

- Terrain FRANCE43
- Fuel 1.00
- Icons (1K for enemy) (1k for friendly)
- Ack  1.0
- Radar will be Tower Only and dot dar.
- Aircraft warning range 12 miles (63,360)
- Tower range set to 12 miles (for display only to match the above setting)
- Visibility 17 miles
- Enemy collisions on
- Kill shooter off

This event will not be scored, but the logs will posted at the end of the evening and a small summary will be posted on the forums.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
Re: Combat Challenge III - Black Friday 11/29/13
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 12:12:53 AM »
I'm in as a walk-on. I need das Butcher Bird - Fw-190A5. Any takers? I'm pretty comfortable in it won't leave you hang'n.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton