Author Topic: still having the same problems  (Read 545 times)

Offline chrish483

• Nickel Member
still having the same problems
« on: December 05, 2013, 11:39:31 PM »
hello all
   finally got the time to try and fix this problem with the game or settings, what ever that might be  but i failed and gave up on it  :bhead     i attached a short video that be of some help.

recap
  spawning a tank out from the hanger all weapons will start to fire,  bringing up the clipboard stops that,  its minor and i could deal with that,   but the next problem is that i dont have or cant get to is the drivers Position to drive,  the only number keys that work is  Key 1 and 2, sometimes 3 if theres a machine gun on top. 

you'll probly want more info let me know what you need.

chris
h
L.T.A.R.smkr
SWsmkr

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: still having the same problems
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 02:10:04 AM »
 but the next problem is that i dont have or cant get to is the drivers Position to drive,  the only number keys that work is  Key 1 and 2, sometimes 3 if theres a machine gun on top.  

Because most vehicles do not have a driver position at all, only M3, LVT's, PT, M16, SdKfz and Jeep have. Tanks got their driver position removed more than 2 years ago.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline chrish483

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 10:00:10 PM »
 :uhoh  well thats what i get for going AWAL for 4 yrs,   so i assume the the ability to zoom in on a target with tanks was changed too?
so is it normal when you spawn to a location and all of the guns on the tank or what ever you chose to use starts auto firing as soon as you get to your destination?  better yet is there a compiled list of all the changes over the last 4 yrs?

TY
<S>  chris h
L.T.A.R.smkr
SWsmkr

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 07:13:34 AM »
:uhoh  well thats what i get for going AWAL for 4 yrs,   so i assume the the ability to zoom in on a target with tanks was changed too?

Yes. All tanks now have gunsights mirroring their historical capabilities. That means most tanks have only a single, fixed setting, only few tanks have a two stage zoom: Panther, Tiger I & II, Sherman VC:

tank gunsight magnification

Panzer IV F & H: 2.4x
Panther, Tiger I, Tiger II: 2.5x / 5.0x
Jagdpanzer 38, Jagdpanzer IV: 5.0x
Jagdpanther: 10.0x

Sherman VC: 3.0x/6.0x

M4(75): 3x
M18, M4(76): 5x

T-34/76, T-34/85: 2.5x

so is it normal when you spawn to a location and all of the guns on the tank or what ever you chose to use starts auto firing as soon as you get to your destination?

No, that's a controller issue somewhere. Which joystick, do you make use of any external stick controller software (like Saitek's SST) and are you using the default mapping for mode 2?

better yet is there a compiled list of all the changes over the last 4 yrs?

Not that I know of, unless somebody here has compiled all the readme's.

The main changes:
- New GV system - no driver station on tanks, WASD control (shift W for full forward and shift W for full stop), new tank gunsights
- New strat system - basic downtime of field items 30 minutes + up to 120 additional minutes depending on their corresponding factory status (City for base towns, which are also resupplyable by players now
- Some new dot commands, the most important one being .dt to query the remaining downtime of objects. for example  .dt f03amb  to see how much longer the ord bunkers of field 3 are down. See some other posts in this forum about that.
  Another command would be .sf to center the (already opened) map on any field (except task groups). for example .sf 123
- New icon rules for GV. GV icons can now be seen from the air at 1500 yards if moving or 800 yards if the GV is not moving. The new Fi 156 "Storch" has twice that view range vs GV.
- The reconnect feature: If you disco during a sortie and manage to come back within 5 minutes, you will be put back into the flight. In the meantime, AI is flying your plane, but it won't fight and doesn't evade any obstacles coming along the way...

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 07:48:07 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 05:03:15 PM »
After fours years the changes on GV's are simply to numerous to list - Best to forget what you knew and start all over again. Some more are:

The tank sights have a range setting that moves the sight up and down in the view so at long range the sight drops down and you elevate the gun to bring the sight onto target.

Auto gearbox is standard

Major changes in mapping mean many analogue axis can be mapped to a variety of functions e.g. I use my throttle axis in a tank to adjust the range finder forward for long range, back for short.

Mouse controls also varied with mouse look

Mouse pointer disappears when not in use, used to be handy as a second sight!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 05:04:48 PM by Blagard »