Author Topic: Actual U.S. educational video for evading flak. Its fascinating, trust me.  (Read 495 times)

Offline killb8

• Copper Member
Actual training films from ww2 are the "creme de la creme" of getting a technical AND tactical sense of history. Ive seen many from various different countrys and I'm never dissapointed, but the best ones by far were made for the British and Americans, and of course Germany. One day Id like to round them all up and post all the links on page. So here it ishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIYVwqHM488

Offline eeyore

• Copper Member
YouTube has been the best resource for WWII training films. I am glad so many people have posted those old films for enthusiasts to enjoy.

Speaking of flak, here is a photo of B17s flying through flak over Schweinfurt. You thought CV flak was bad?

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline killb8

• Copper Member
YouTube has been the best resource for WWII training films. I am glad so many people have posted those old films for enthusiasts to enjoy.

Speaking of flak, here is a photo of B17s flying through flak over Schweinfurt. You thought CV flak was bad?

(Image removed from quote.)

Nice photo, my new desktop screen :aok

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
CV puffy ack cannot be defeated using the film technique  :cry
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline bmused55

• Zinc Member
Nope, it can't. It stick to you like glue, regardless how you change course.
Then you have Walleye.... no one escapes his gun sights!

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member

(Image removed from quote.)

Notice why the german fighters won't attack the bombers during flak? they would lose 9 out of 10 fighters while the buffs walk through without a scratch.
JG 52

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
The auto puffy really is one of the biggest flaws in the game.

If we ever get it fixed, it would be cool if HTC could model some limited AI into the gunners, so that they use whatever type of fire is most effective. If you're really densely packed, it starts out with predicted concentration, if you're spread out a bit, its continuously pointed fire. You start evading, and it defaults to barrage fire.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"