Author Topic: Large Crow Kill off  (Read 324 times)

Offline ridley1

• Nickel Member
Large Crow Kill off
« on: November 25, 2013, 07:36:41 PM »
CROW KILLS
Researchers for the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority found over 200 dead crows near greater Boston recently, and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu. A BirdPathologist examined the remains of all the crows, and, to everyone's relief, confirmed the problem was definitely NOT Avian Flu. The cause of death appeared to be vehicular impacts.

However, during the detailed analysis it was noted that varying colors of paints appeared on the bird's beaks and claws. By analyzing these paint residues it was determined that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, while only 2% were killed by an impact with a car.

MTA then hired an Ornithological Behaviorist to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of truck kills versus car kills.

The Ornithological Behaviorist very quickly concluded the cause: When crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow in a nearby tree to warn of impending danger. They discovered that while all the lookout crows could shout "Cah", not a single one could shout "Truck."

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Large Crow Kill off
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 07:50:00 PM »

:( :O :( :O :(
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 08:24:32 PM »
 :lol
Kommando Nowotny "Tip of the dull butter knife"
delta07
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 08:44:10 PM »
 :D
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 08:09:19 AM »
 :rofl

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 09:59:28 AM »
 :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :lol
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 12:58:54 PM »
DOH!!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline BreakingBad

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 01:05:11 PM »
Good one.  I remember as a kid I had a friend who's dad would pay a bounty of $1 per crow.  This was in Northern California with lots of agriculture. 

Offline Wildcatdad

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 03:55:24 PM »
That just made my day. That was the best joke i have heard in a while. :rofl :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 06:46:50 PM »
 :lol  :aok