Author Topic: Starbound  (Read 259 times)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Starbound
« on: December 01, 2013, 09:35:47 PM »
For you Terraria fans, you may wish to look:

http://playstarbound.com/

I've been sitting on a Pre-Order for a few months now. :x  What really caught my attention is, the ability to travel to different planets.  Now granted (if I read it correctly), each "planet" is really just a different biome, it's the simple fact that I don't have to exit out of a session and create a whole new world like I have to with Terraria. :banana:  Once you are done with a planet, you just hop into your ship and travel to the next one. :joystick:  The lighting in it looks quite nice as well and when it comes to NPC's, Starbound has Terraria beat, hands down.  There are 6 different races you can choose from to boot, and if I remember correctly, it's not solely for looks.  The character creation screen seems to be fairly close to Terraria however.  I will question a little bit about the use of coal to power your jump drives. :headscratch:  I doubt it will remain, but I did get a laugh out of it. :lol

I have put 240 hours into Terraria.  If Starbound works out as well as I hope, I see myself easily doubling this. :x

EDIT: Only now just noticed that the link was a bit wonkey.  Fixed it. :aok
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 11:30:40 PM by Volron »
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
Re: Starbound
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 06:42:11 PM »
Thought of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy when I saw this post. :)  I'll check this out. :)
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac