Author Topic: Gunsight  (Read 772 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Gunsight
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2013, 05:48:43 PM »
Here are four in various iterations of red. Two with blue white back glow edges. Based on your screen capture, the dots are about 10-12Mil in diameter. Dots will look different on different monitors. Also with graphics this small, the symmetry created even at 1200% zoom, may create optical illusions visa the game's rendering. You already may be seeing it in the 03 and 04 dot's blue haze rings in this post. Try 03 and 04 offline setting the arena time to 06:00 and 05:00. The colors will change. Also depending on the background the colors will change.

Download here==>>>: http://www27.zippyshare.com/v/75876274/file.html

Each bmp file needs it's mil file with it in the sights directory.

Dot01 basic red 12Mil dot.

Dot02 basic red 12Mil red ring dot.

Dot03 Red dot with blue haze edge ring.

Dot04 Orange red dot with blue edge haze ring.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2013, 05:57:44 PM »
Thanks bustr :cheers:

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2013, 06:07:11 PM »
I used to really like that you could edit the tracer images in warbirds and would use a three color tracer that would show up regardless of whatever was behind it.

Haven't tried it here.....

can you edit them here?

Offline iKo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2013, 06:17:35 PM »
Here are 2 that I have made for different size monitors pm if you want the down load link.

Big for small monitor

Small for big monitor

The good think about this sights is it has great contrast behind any back ground so you always see the dot, Sky,ground,planes ect.  :aok

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2013, 06:37:38 PM »
Here are four in various iterations of red. Two with blue white back glow edges. Based on your screen capture, the dots are about 10-12Mil in diameter. Dots will look different on different monitors. Also with graphics this small, the symmetry created even at 1200% zoom, may create optical illusions visa the game's rendering. You already may be seeing it in the 03 and 04 dot's blue haze rings in this post. Try 03 and 04 offline setting the arena time to 06:00 and 05:00. The colors will change. Also depending on the background the colors will change.

Download here==>>>: http://www27.zippyshare.com/v/75876274/file.html

Each bmp file needs it's mil file with it in the sights directory.

Dot01 basic red 12Mil dot.

(Image removed from quote.)

Dot02 basic red 12Mil red ring dot.

Dot03 Red dot with blue haze edge ring.

Dot04 Orange red dot with blue edge haze ring.

Thanks Bustr, will use these for now on.  :salute
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2013, 06:39:48 PM »
Here are 2 that I have made for different size monitors pm if you want the down load link.

(Image removed from quote.) Big for small monitor

(Image removed from quote.) Small for big monitor

The good think about this sights is it has great contrast behind any back ground so you always see the dot, Sky,ground,planes ect.  :aok

Thanks iKo, I'll use these for my run and gun fighters.  :cheers:
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2013, 06:50:42 PM »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2013, 07:55:20 PM »
Yeah. That'll do. Thanks Fulcrum.

Ask and ye shall receive.  Post his here:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,288780.0.html

Link at top.  It was AKDogs historical sights collection.  Look for "DeathDotGreen".
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 10:00:14 PM by Fulcrum »
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2013, 08:21:01 PM »
 :salute

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2013, 08:03:30 AM »
I use the Dot O Death.  :noid
Top Gun

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2013, 05:38:56 PM »
Guys you can make these dots using a Gaussian blur utility. Blue or Cyan as your starting base dot about 1\3 the final size. Then blur it progressively so you have a solid white tiny center gradually ring graduating out with blue\cyan to nothing. When you look at it through your gunsight at 12:00noon it looks like the dot o death. Depending on the background you will gain a blue ring haze. Then as the daylight drops off morning or evening you get a bluish ring dot that stands out. Or green as I've included below. I had to add a green yellow micro ring to the green dot's center to create a contrast. Green doesn't act like red or blue in the gunsight mask.

Darker colors through the gunsight will begin to disappear or look like a haze. Lighter colors become solid in the gunsight mask or glass reflector plate area. That's why when you look at the blue dot below in the game it looks white graduating off to nothing until there is a con in front of it or aiming at the ground.

I updated the DotS with a blue and green.:  http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/76475905/file.html

Each bmp file needs it's mil file copied to the sight folder.

Blue Dot

Green Dot

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.