Author Topic: Internet connection dumps  (Read 257 times)

Offline 9thAFE

• Copper Member
      • 8th AAF Squadron Website
Internet connection dumps
« on: January 15, 2014, 08:23:40 AM »
I have noticed lately and it may just be a wireless router issue but my internet connection will just dump on my laptop. I don't notice the issue when I am surfing but it usually happens once a day within a hour or so of logging in to AH. I have also had it happen while playing sim city. I know that it's not firewall issue because I have seen that that is taken care of.

When it happens of course I close out the game then have to reconnect to my router and reload the game and usually don't have the issue again after that.

If anyone out there has had the issue or knows what causes it I would appreciate the feedback.
8thBuff (CO)  8th AAF  "The Mighty 8th"  Squadron

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Internet connection dumps
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 09:02:49 AM »
Normal web surfing can deal with lost packets as your browser just re-requests them until it gets all the data. Online games need better and more consistant data coms. Here's what Skuzzy said in another (of many) "what's up with all the discos" thread:

This is something no one has control over.  It has to do with the massive amount of damage the telecommunications infrastructure has endured during the severe winter storms.  As lines go done, it causes a re-route to happen, which will cause a disco if you are on that path.

As lines are brought back up, it will cause another disco due to another re-route.  Most of the problems are in the Eastern half of the U.S.  Unfortunately, this also impacts all of Europe as well.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline 9thAFE

• Copper Member
      • 8th AAF Squadron Website
Re: Internet connection dumps
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 02:35:31 PM »
Thanks, I had seen that post before but it's been going on for awhile so I was thinking maybe it's just a hardware problem since I lose the internet connection to the computer altogether not just the game. I have to go back into my computer internet connection and get it to log into the wireless router again
8thBuff (CO)  8th AAF  "The Mighty 8th"  Squadron