Author Topic: Where did the year go?  (Read 539 times)

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Where did the year go?
« on: December 21, 2013, 12:10:01 AM »
Well another one in the books.

I would like to thank the squad leaders and players who make this event so popular, the great guys at the Terrain Team for the cool terrains we need!, the bouncer, setup and admin CMs, and of course Hitech Creations for giving us a home to do these WW2 events in and all the folks there.

On behalf of the FSO Team I wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. All the best in 2014.  :cheers:
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
Re: Where did the year go?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 01:15:45 AM »
Same to all of you.

Keep the great work up and the story will continue in 2014!

The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline snakeplissken

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 08:04:22 AM »
 :salute Warloc.  You are a good man to work for.  Until you look behind the green curtain, most people have no idea how much blood, sweat and tears go into planning an event like this.  Try an experiment.  Get 30 people of all personality types and backgrounds together at work and see if you can agree on where to go get lunch.  30 people won't agree.  Now multiply that 10 fold.  That 300 people come together on a Friday night to all particpate in one event is magic.  It's like herding cats . . . But it all works.  Some through the efforts of the CM's and CIC's.  But mostly, through the efforts of the players.  Officially, I am not suppose to place FSO in any position over the other events.  But it is.  FSO is the best part of the game.  We get custom arenas, plane matches and missions are planned carefully, the rules are stricter for  the engagement, and you wind up with maybe, a moment of fame.  I am not sure how it is for you guys.  My squad practices for FSO 2 nights a week.  And then on Friday, after a tough week, a little alcohol, alot of planning, and some really tasteless jokes, it all unfolds on a computer screen.  I still say Hitech has invented a chatroom with something to do . . .  Funny game.  CYA in 2014!
The Unforgiven motto: Quid posset ire iniuriam

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 09:18:09 AM »
I love this event!

Plissken hit the nail on the head.  :old:

Great event with great peeps.  G3-MF truly appreciates what the CM team puts into this event to ensure long boring flights with sudden bursts of pure excitement. 

:O  :joystick:   :airplane:   :x   :furious 

We look forward to 2014 with you all in the FSO community.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!!  Safe holidays all!

:rock
SlipKnoT
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 01:36:36 PM »

...is it Friday yet...?

Well done all!  Another great year!

<S>

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Trainee

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 06:44:21 PM »
My squad practices for FSO 2 nights a week.  And then on Friday, after a tough week, a little alcohol, alot of planning, and some really tasteless jokes, it all unfolds on a computer screen.  I still say Hitech has invented a chatroom with something to do . . .  Funny game.  CYA in 2014!

Church...

Skinny Pete
 :rock

Trainee
~~~THE UNFORGIVEN~~~
"Step aside Butch..."

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 06:45:54 PM »
Merry Christmas guys.
Lets hope that 2014 is even better.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline VILKAS

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 12:38:40 PM »

" Happy New Year "
..... Yes ! another year has past !.....and 84 is staring in my face !......but so is FSO !  WOW !

I just want to thank all that participate in FSO and JG11 + Squad Leader, that lets an old man like me to be Young again, for at least 2 hrs.(sometimes! :) )

:old: I.. :salute.. All of U !
Live each day like it's you last, One day you'll get it right"

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 03:53:26 PM »
<S> Vilkas!
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Mystic2

• Silver Member
      • http://www.theunforgivenweb.com
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 05:38:34 PM »
About a year ago, I decided to take a little leave of absence from the game.  After awhile, the call of FSO began to push its way thru.  I came back to find that it was almost like I left it, which is a great feeling.  The CM staff took me back and the rest is history.  I look forward to flying with my squad and friends in 2014.  Grab your checklists, flight suits, and drinks, and will see you in the skies  :cheers:
FSO Setup CM
~~~THE UNFORGIVEN~~~
"LIVE FREE, DIE WELL"

mystic2@ahevents.org