Author Topic: Who Started The War Anyways?  (Read 1425 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Who Started The War Anyways?
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2014, 09:22:33 AM »
The rooks started the war. The knights were pushing forward in their territory . The rooks realizing their land was being taken, confronted The knights with a deadly attack. A war erupted. Pilots trained and fought. Troops battled losses but strove to take more land. The bishops recognized the tyranny but insisted on staying out. 

That last line is wrong and should read....

The bishops recognized the opportunity and started quietly sneaking land from both Rooks and Knights.

Offline doright

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2014, 10:25:43 AM »
Obviously the war was started by someone ignorant of the basic layout of a chess board.
Armaments 3:9 "Fireth thee not in their forward quarters lest thee be beset by 200 imps and be naughty in their sight."

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2014, 11:35:07 AM »
The rooks started the war. The knights were pushing forward in their territory . The rooks realizing their land was being taken, confronted The knights with a deadly attack. A war erupted. Pilots trained and fought. Troops battled losses but strove to take more land. The bishops recognized the tyranny but insisted on staying out.

Both sides realized that they needed bishop support. Knights and rooks subsequently offered bishops planes and tanks to aid them in the war. Neither side realized bishops had promised to help both sides. The bishops liked the knights more and aided them instead of keeping their promise to the rooks. The rooks realized what happened  and sent a massive hoard of planes, tanks, and troops to punish the bishops for lying about their promise. The hatred of bishops had begun for the rooks.

One day, late into the war, rooks had lost most of their land. Rooks were suffering from mass hoards and production and equipment were running low. A very intelligent rook general named Shawk realized they had to somehow get the bish to help them. He struck up a deal with the Army of Muppets, a bish squad full of outcast ( seemingly crazy but some of the best pilots) who were tired of the taking orders from their bashful king. They set up a sabotage attack on the knights. Many pilots were killed, knights suffered major losses. The bishops king said he had no idea about the attack and did not plan it. The knights didn't believe him and started massive raids on the bishops. The hatred of bish from the knights had started.

The rooks recouped themselves and got their bases back ready for action. They wanted their land back on both sides. While the knights and bishops were fighting rooks started to take their land back on both sides with small victories.

The battle for land and the the battle for hatred lives on. Many pilots have been killed and much of the land has been fought on. One thing is for certain. Neither team will settle for their own land to diminish. This war is still not over. And it may never be.  

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2014, 11:43:21 AM »
Obviously the war was started by someone ignorant of the basic layout of a chess board.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2014, 11:51:04 AM »
 :neener:

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
Flying since tour 71.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2014, 02:03:34 PM »
I'm sorry but you can't rewrite history:

Once upon a time in a sim far far away there lived three countrys seprated by water.  They were know as the AZ, BZ and CZ and they lived happily in their own little lands. 

Then, one day, an AZ snuck across the bridge below the mountainous pyramids into CZ land and stole a sheep.  Amazed at the human-like qualities of the CZ sheep, more AZ snuck over in the dead of night until CZ land was nearly depleted of its sheep.

The CZ, not knowing it was the AZ rustling their sheep, and getting grouchy over their lack of intamacy, immediately blamed the BZ who were, after all, known as "furballers" but the jig was soon over when it was discovered that the AZ were hiding a large heard of sheep deep in AZ land near the Spit factory.  Both the CZ, wanting the return of their sheep, and the BZ, upset over being the ones blamed for the rustling, attacked the AZ, and thus began a war and the habit of two countries ganging up on one.

Then, the evil empire, EA Sports, took over the world of AZ, BZ and CZ.   Soon realizing their mistake with the growing hostilities between the countries and the incessent server loads caused by the "<Insert player name here> has just pawned you" macros initiated by each player after each and every kill, they n00ked the lands of the AZ, BZ and CZ.

Lost on the interweb, the forlorn AZ, BZ and CZ searched for a new home with their 56K modems.  Even though they were hostile to one another, the word quickly spread from country to country that there was a new land called AH where clouds actually filled the sky. 

One by one, then in ever growing numbers, the AZ, BZ and CZ moved into AH Land and settled, but the hostilities over the sheep rustling were never forgotten.  Because of this, the AZ settled mostly as Bish, the BZ settled mostly as Rooks, and the CZ settled primarily as Knits, although a few took the opportunity to switch alliances.

Once settled in, they couldn't help but continue thier fight and that's how the war started.

I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2014, 05:24:17 PM »
Dang I was told a Victoria Secret store opened in in the town of A69 and thats when all hell broke out!

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2014, 06:05:09 PM »
Who really started the eternal war of the three great nations of chess pieces?

What triggered it? What are they fighting over? Can't be sheep - there are plenty for everyone!
Well.... Bishlandia all agreed that everybody must like poptarts. The knights, always liking fruit snacks, decided this rule was bust, and declared it void. Bishlandia and Knightlandia got in a big disagreement and decided that anybody who liked pop tarts was bish, and anybody who liked fruit snacks was knight. The Rooks were the group of outcasts who hated both and preferred breakfast cereal. Ever since then, the nations have been at war, a never ending war. (until like three seconds after it starts the bish go hording and stomp everybody, knights and rooks go mad and declare a re-do-over.)

When I was a wee tiny boy this is how my oldest brother explained WWII, by stating every country had chosen between two kinds of breakfast cereal, and all the countries came together as two giant forces, which they would do battle for years to come.  I took his old story that surprisingly I can still remember, and shook it up a bit. (no wounder I was slow growing up, my brothers telling me bogus stories!  :lol)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 06:18:43 PM by XxDaSTaRxx »
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2014, 11:41:24 PM »
That last line is wrong and should read....

The bishops recognized the opportunity and started quietly sneaking land from both Rooks and Knights.

Those dirty honeybadgers!  :old:
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2014, 12:02:00 AM »
DO you think after Chess pieces it will be animal teams?

Knight's would become Sharks, Rooks would become Wolves and the Bishops are Lamas?
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2014, 12:02:43 AM »
 :rofl

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2014, 12:25:52 AM »
DO you think after Chess pieces it will be animal teams?

Knight's would become Sharks, Rooks would become Wolves and the Bishops are Lamas?
:rofl

I laughed for 2 minutes before I could move again.  :lol
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.