Author Topic: My new baby... Sorry Cap.  (Read 998 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: My new baby... Sorry Cap.
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2014, 09:10:21 PM »

2SS package with the factory Hurst shifter, exhaust, Boston Acoustics sound, HUD...  Basically everything you can put on one.  Been waiting for a long time to get my hands on one of these.

:rock

that's a sick ride :) congrats
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2014, 09:11:25 PM »
My Daughter's Camaro.....

(Image removed from quote.)
As used by Oracle in their SEMA advertising

As seen in Super Chevy Magazine

My Daughter at SeaWorld

still love that car and your daughter is gorgeous.. hope you have plenty of shells for that shotgun :)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2014, 09:20:10 PM »
 :neener:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:22:10 PM by FLOOB »
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2014, 05:32:39 AM »
I'd take either or if I could afford a stang or camaro
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2014, 01:13:21 PM »

Pfft, that's pocket change my man.

I'd still take a Mercedes Benz over anything else given the chance. Preferably an SLS AMG or an SL550 AMG.

Well you had better have a thick wallet if you want one of these!  The cost to purchase is only a small part of ownership of a benz,the maintance and upkeep will put you in the poor house!

Sure you can always find a friendly mechanic named Hans to work on it for you but all Benz's have a book,this is to record the maintance and if the book isnt kept up the car might as well be a ford or chevy because it looses most it's value.

Oh and dont even get me started on some of the quirks,like trying to get the code for the tranny that was just replaced and MB wont let you have!

At one time I would agree that there was no better built car but those days were long ago and the cars they make today arent even on par with Lexus.... :uhoh

Sure the AMG's have hand built motors with a sig instead of a serial number but thats only the engine and a small part of the car.  Wait till you need to do the 80K service and then tell me how much you like the car!

I gave away my E300 to charity because it cost more to maintain than it was worth!

:salute

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2014, 01:17:57 PM »

Well you had better have a thick wallet if you want one of these!  The cost to purchase is only a small part of ownership of a benz,the maintance and upkeep will put you in the poor house!

Sure you can always find a friendly mechanic named Hans to work on it for you but all Benz's have a book,this is to record the maintance and if the book isnt kept up the car might as well be a ford or chevy because it looses most it's value.

Oh and dont even get me started on some of the quirks,like trying to get the code for the tranny that was just replaced and MB wont let you have!

At one time I would agree that there was no better built car but those days were long ago and the cars they make today arent even on par with Lexus.... :uhoh

Sure the AMG's have hand built motors with a sig instead of a serial number but thats only the engine and a small part of the car.  Wait till you need to do the 80K service and then tell me how much you like the car!

I gave away my E300 to charity because it cost more to maintain than it was worth!

Word!

I almost bought a C63 before deciding on the Stang.  I researched and found the above information from Morfiend is correct.

I so wanted a European car and had built up a fund thta would have bought an AMG, Audi R/RS, or M series  car.  But in the end, I get more bang for the buck with the mustang.  So far, I have about 42K sunk into my mustang and have embarrassed several Euro hot rod drivers. 
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2014, 01:31:18 PM »
 We have owned Benz's for about 40 years now!   Presently I drive a honda!

Cap and rotor on the honda,$19.95.... cap and rotor on my E300 $185.00 :bhead   Brake pads......... :rofl  I can do a complete brake job on the honda for the price of the pads on the benz......  But hey I looked so cool driving the benz..... :rolleyes:

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2014, 02:31:36 PM »

I know the cost of those cars. Your sarcasm detectors aren't properly working I suppose.

The car I want over all other cars is a CLK-GTR that costs roughly 2.5 million, and with only 20 made and only 5 of them for sale in the U.S. makes it quite an expensive car. Goes up to 215 MPH and 0-60 in 3.1 seconds, and that's a pretty decent speed for such a heavy car. Everything on it looks absolutely amazing too. The interior is great and the exterior looks straight up awesome.

Now, if I were to actually buy that car, pay the taxes, pay the maintenance and insurance it would be well over 3 million for it.

And that's just in one year.

I'd need to be a bazillionaire with Bill Gates' fortune to own that thing. Ok maybe not Bill Gates but someone with a lot of dough.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2014, 03:13:50 PM »
If you gotta have a Benz, buy a base model C300. You can get one of those for about 33K. 

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2014, 04:22:39 PM »
My life is centered around owning one car before I die. Even if I have to *recoil* go green with it when the oil runs out.

1967 Ford Fastback Mustang.
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2014, 12:22:50 PM »
You can get the green in the SS.  They're just really rare.  Oddly enough, I drove it through the snow for the last couple of days.  It's really not bad.  Turn off traction control, and there's a sweet spot in the clutch that gets ya moving just fine.  I was really surprised how well it handles in the slick stuff.

You can't get green anymore. It was available for a short time in SS the year after the Synergy was available limited.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2014, 12:27:30 PM »
My life is centered around owning one car before I die. Even if I have to *recoil* go green with it when the oil runs out.

You can't go wrong with any of them back in the day. :)    :aok

I had a '67 stang with 289. Built.... ran great. I also had a '68 Camaro (blue) 327 built. Wish I had both now... lol
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2014, 12:43:21 PM »

We share the same dream car.  I will paint mine black though  :cool:

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2014, 03:07:11 PM »
You can't get green anymore. It was available for a short time in SS the year after the Synergy was available limited.

Yup.  It was a 2010 color option only. 
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2014, 03:12:26 PM »
So what was the final number if you don't mind me asking?

I only have about 8,000 miles on my 2010 SS and I put the headers and exhaust on it for 4k.

What would you have paid for that?  Just trying to get a feel for what I can get for mine.  (When I was not in Miami it was stored in a climate controlled environment etc.)

I got it at 4300 miles for 22k.  I work for the dealership, so I only had to pay what we owned it for plus 300 bucks.  I got almost 17k out of my trade, which in reality was worth more like 15k.  We were approaching the 60 day turn mark on the Camaro, so they just made it too sweet to pass up.

8000 miles on a 2010 in that condition should fetch at least 26k.  I'd price it at 28k and see what kind of bites ya get.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 03:15:57 PM by AAJagerX »
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com