Author Topic: Help with M$ Sidewinder Force Feedback 2  (Read 270 times)

Offline doright

• Nickel Member
Help with M$ Sidewinder Force Feedback 2
« on: January 09, 2014, 07:35:13 PM »
Got a craigslist special FF2 red trigger joystick, but it is missing the power cord and doesn't have a manual. Microsoft's website seems to deny they ever made such a product.

So can anybody verify for me that the ac power cord is similar to simple one that goes into a laptop's power brick? Anybody have a link to a manual for it?
Armaments 3:9 "Fireth thee not in their forward quarters lest thee be beset by 200 imps and be naughty in their sight."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Help with M$ Sidewinder Force Feedback 2
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 08:04:05 PM »
So can anybody verify for me that the ac power cord is similar to simple one that goes into a laptop's power brick? Anybody have a link to a manual for it?

It might work if the power cord looks like this:

If it doesn't, you use the power cord from a Nikon D300S digital camera.
http://www.amazon.com/Power-Nikon-D300S-Digital-Cameras/dp/B003J9A65I/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1367533725&sr=1-3&keywords=AC+Power+Cord+Nikon+D300

If you by chance of a PlayStation 2, you can use that cord as well but you'll have to trim the edges on the female end of the cord to fit.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline doright

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 11:02:42 PM »
Thanks. Oddly in my house the bluray player will no longer turn on, but my MSFFB2 does now.
Armaments 3:9 "Fireth thee not in their forward quarters lest thee be beset by 200 imps and be naughty in their sight."

Offline doright

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 08:25:46 PM »
New question.

How is the force feedback suppose to behave in AH2?
I could of sworn the first time I flew with it the forces varied with the speed, i.e. very heavy at high speed, very light at low speed. Since then though it seems to act like more just like a dumb spring, increasing force with increasing deflection. All the effects like stall buffet, weapons etc are there but no speed dependence.