Author Topic: Give perk points for assists  (Read 4805 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: Give perk points for assists
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2014, 08:17:33 AM »

Not saying a ping.  Saying if you contribute a significant percentage of damage, say minimum a quarter or a third, you get credit for it just like many pilots in WWII did.   Pings won't cut it.   (Though that's why I png every bomber in a formation when I make a pass in case they wuss bail.)

Hmmm...ok.....that's somewhat logical, but if you had focused on just killing one you wouldn't be getting 3 assists.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2014, 12:46:38 PM »
Debrody makes a very good point. Think back about how many times you've watched swarms of green trying to just get a ping for the assist/xx.xxscore, now add in perks it would be horrendous.

NO

It would probably tone it down. Imagine how pissed your country mates would be if you started trying to steal their kill share!

And again, limit it to a minimum amount.  No assist unless you do x percentage of damage.  Say a quarter.  This will discourage pingers.   You people have your heads on backwards.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2014, 04:28:30 PM »
It would probably tone it down. Imagine how pissed your country mates would be if you started trying to steal their kill share!

And again, limit it to a minimum amount.  No assist unless you do x percentage of damage.  Say a quarter.  This will discourage pingers.   You people have your heads on backwards.
Again, learn to get your own kill. It isnt really "that" hard, but yea, we are the losers  :lol
AoM
City of ice

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2014, 09:08:48 PM »
See Rules #4, #6
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 02:07:11 PM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2014, 10:14:52 PM »

Yeah like that one time when I was fighting 1v1 and you came in there twice and potentially took that guys kill.  Trust me perks would encourage the gang way more. But I do certainly hate getting assist after putting 2-3 30mm in plane that doesn't even look damaged.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2014, 10:38:37 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 02:07:33 PM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2014, 03:29:50 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 02:07:45 PM by Skuzzy »
AoM
City of ice

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2014, 08:11:41 AM »
Yes, I get frustrated when I have my 12 cleared, yes I fly a lot of assist gathering planes. No I don't want any extra perks for doing a half-assed job. It's up to me to seal the deal. Being old and crusty I'm sick to death of seeing effort and reward being turned into a pat on the head for failing but trying hard. There is no try, only do.

This game is about being called "Chuck", not "Mary".
Retired

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2014, 12:46:13 PM »
Dont forget to pack in your sunglasses, you might need it on your vacation  :aok

Clearly hyperbole is lost on you. I expected nothing else, frankly.

”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2014, 12:50:18 PM »
A big NO to anything that encourages any more tag-teaming than there already is.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2014, 12:50:40 PM »
Yes, I get frustrated when I have my 12 cleared, yes I fly a lot of assist gathering planes. No I don't want any extra perks for doing a half-assed job. It's up to me to seal the deal. Being old and crusty I'm sick to death of seeing effort and reward being turned into a pat on the head for failing but trying hard. There is no try, only do.

This game is about being called "Chuck", not "Mary".

Well I for one think an assist for a Ping is dumb.  Just as dumb as doing a lot of damage and getting only an assist.  There should be a minimum threshold to get credit, say a quarter, and if you do that much damage you get that much credit if someone else finishes the job.    Anything less than a quarter gets no credit at all, assist, perk, or otherwise.   This would bring some balance to the scoring and might cause one to rethink firing precious rounds trying to get an assist knowing significant damage is required to get it.  
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2014, 12:51:16 PM »
A big NO to anything that encourages any more tag-teaming than there already is.

How does my proposal encourage tag teaming?    The opposite is true, actually. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2014, 01:07:20 PM »
How does my proposal encourage tag teaming?    The opposite is true, actually. 

By rewarding players for partially damaging a plane with the help of another pilot, who does more damage and gets the kill.  Two or more vs one kind of means tag-teaming.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2014, 01:15:47 PM »
By rewarding players for partially damaging a plane with the help of another pilot, who does more damage and gets the kill.  Two or more vs one kind of means tag-teaming.

That is what happens now.    People are assist hunting.  Raise the threshold for credit and divide it as a partial victory.  People will regulate their own.   One won't be popular long trying to steal kills.

Knowing you have to inflict significant damage will discourage the behavior you detest.  Or else people don't care.

Gangers exist.  So be it.  If you don't like it then fly a jet and run away.  The OP's contention remains valid.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2014, 01:22:32 PM »

That is what happens now.    People are assist hunting.  Raise the threshold for credit and divide it as a partial victory.  People will regulate their own.   One won't be popular long trying to steal kills.

Knowing you have to inflict significant damage will discourage the behavior you detest.  Or else people don't care.

Gangers exist.  So be it.  If you don't like it then fly a jet and run away.  The OP's contention remains valid.

Dude, seriously?  Nobody is "hunting for assists" because they get nothing for it.  They gang because they want the kill and a big crowd affords them safety while doing so.  Right now, only one of the gang wins the lottery.  If you get your way, the numbers of "winners" of the fight increase and ganging will get even worse. 

I don't even understand how you could get satisfaction from perks "earned" this way.  :headscratch: