Author Topic: Put Planes back in the GV game  (Read 7103 times)

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Put Planes back in the GV game
« Reply #195 on: February 22, 2014, 07:58:03 PM »
Maybe we could get a new category called "Defend" you really have to fly to far to "Attack" in these planes. At present the Ju87G2 and friends are only used to Defend bases. So.... along with the Attack choice <which it really doesn't do> add a Defend box next to the Attack box on the clipboard. We could use the <I know, another great idea just leaped from the contents of this thread> defend points for super spawn powers like the GV's?  :lol  And Poof!........ My AGV (AirGroundVehicle) spawns across the map.

Seriously.... If I were able to fly from a GV base to GV base I may attack as they are usually are close to each other and in a lot of cases have there own GV Habitrail spawns that have nothing to do with the air war....... but it just takes to long to fly from an Air base to a Gv base for almost certain death. I feel like Gruesome  :frown:

Give these 3-4 planes some more use... add Tank killer Planes to GV bases.

Thanx,

:cheers:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 08:50:22 PM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #196 on: February 22, 2014, 08:12:16 PM »
Great idea! Use them to defend airfields. Intruding on a vehicle field just to get more kills in your GV-Hammer-Plane type is more than a stretch. If you're after capturing the field using something else is smarter anyway, so your only excuse for insisting on the Ju87 (and other anti-GV rides) is mudhen status. Only poor tankers seek mudhen status. Never seek mudhen status.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #197 on: February 22, 2014, 08:17:37 PM »
Great idea! Use them to defend airfields. Intruding on a vehicle field just to get more kills in your GV-Hammer-Plane type is more than a stretch. If you're after capturing the field using something else is smarter anyway, so your only excuse for insisting on the Ju87 (and other anti-GV rides) is mudhen status. Only poor tankers seek mudhen status. Never seek mudhen status.

You play your game at 30k and leave the under 100ft stuff to me.......No!....... I would like a different style of game play that isn't affored me very often.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 08:21:42 PM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #198 on: February 22, 2014, 08:28:14 PM »
Mindless replies are not your usual style, so I think you are out of material. Lately all of my kills have been down low killing mudhens like you.

No, what you want is a fight where you are relatively safe from intruding fighters. You want to sneak in under the trees and seek mudhen glory. I can teach every tanker in the game to kill a vbase in seconds with no warning it is even under attack. What will you do then? Because you will be right back where you are now.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #199 on: February 22, 2014, 08:28:41 PM »
Mindless replies are not your usual style, so I think you are out of material.

:rolleyes: If I could have a team of fighters around me protecting me then you would be right........but as usual you just want an easy kill  :( :D

Like I said ......you play your game alt dweeb,

But in case you change your mind maybe you can get your tank killer in the game,, we know what the "P" stands for<G>

:rofl :rofl

« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 10:14:19 PM by Megalodon »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #200 on: February 22, 2014, 08:35:38 PM »
Now that we have firmly established that you are a mudhen, my work here is done. Your wish has been proven to be all about changing the game to suit your style.

Good luck with that one!  :neener:

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #201 on: February 23, 2014, 02:53:15 AM »
Now that we have firmly established that you are a mudhen, my work here is done. Your wish has been proven to be all about changing the game to suit your style.

Good luck with that one!  :neener:

It would probably change the game for the better in the minds of the GV whiners. I would be willing to bet some of us would leave the bombs at home if we could up the much, much easier to kill can openers at Vbases.
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #202 on: February 23, 2014, 04:07:37 AM »
:rolleyes: If I could have a team of fighters around me protecting me then you would be right........but as usual you just want an easy kill  :( :D

Like I said ......you play your game alt dweeb,

But in case you change your mind maybe you can get your tank killer in the game,, we know what the "P" stands for<G>

(Image removed from quote.)

Nice! Keep practicing maybe one day you can join the ELITE art group.

It would probably change the game for the better in the minds of the GV whiners. I would be willing to bet some of us would leave the bombs at home if we could up the much, much easier to kill can openers at Vbases.

That's exactly it. You want to up your chances of killing GVs in attack mode and improving your scores. This is all about your style of play. Shorter time to target (kills/time), fewer fighters to kill you (kills/death) and on top of that you get great perks too, right?

Not going to happen.

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #203 on: February 23, 2014, 04:39:52 AM »
See Rules #4, #6
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 08:47:19 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #204 on: February 23, 2014, 06:50:36 AM »
I care about score and perks?
The scoring system in this game is a joke, it has absolutely nothing to do with skill. As far as perks go I have more then I know what to do with.
What this is about is that I enjoy shooting tanks with a JU87G2 but I don't enjoy wasting 20 minutes flying to a vbase in the slowest planes in the game.

I think you mistook my reply in quoting you as a sign that I care what you think, whereas I was merely pointing out why your desire for this change to AH will never happen.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #205 on: February 23, 2014, 12:25:37 PM »
Nice! Keep practicing maybe one day you can join the ELITE art group.

That's exactly it. You want to up your chances of killing GVs in attack mode and improving your scores. This is all about your style of play. Shorter time to target (kills/time), fewer fighters to kill you (kills/death) and on top of that you get great perks too, right?

I thought it got the point across.

I don't need any perks and I haven't played for score since 1997. The trees kill me more than any fighter.

Make another guess,  :D

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #206 on: February 23, 2014, 02:12:38 PM »
Not going to happen.

I wouldn't mind adding single airstrip, maybe tucked away in the woods somewhere, for the vehicle bases. They need one for the Fi 156, and if need be by the map maker, they could spawn the ju87g, il2, hurri2d tank killers. Maybe just have one or two ordnance bunkers near the airstrip. Plus it would make a good place for wounded birds to land if you can't reach a friendly main airfield.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,359447.msg4768189.html#msg4768189
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #207 on: February 23, 2014, 04:11:32 PM »
My wish is for the Tank busting planes to be allowed to take off from GV bases.

This is not the same thing kvuo.

I can teach every tanker in the game to kill a vbase in seconds with no warning it is even under attack.

The same thing can be used to knock out any auxiliary field. I don't think that would be needed, though. Any fighter could be on the scene as fast as these slower tank killers and defeat their plans even more easily.

The next whine by FlyingFin will be to have the Ostwind removed from the game. Then he will start in on every other AA-vehicle. Finally, he will want tank rounds to be transparent to aircraft. These are his whines online, so it will be no different in the wishlist forum.

The size of the new airbases, the closeness of towns and the number of vehicle hangars is all working toward making the horde even bigger. This auxiliary field idea is going to do the same thing. Hordes are the reason people are losing interest in the game I believe. It takes more people to win. More people means less kills and less fun.

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #208 on: February 23, 2014, 06:57:12 PM »
This is not the same thing kvuo.

The same thing can be used to knock out any auxiliary field. I don't think that would be needed, though. Any fighter could be on the scene as fast as these slower tank killers and defeat their plans even more easily.

The next whine by FlyingFin will be to have the Ostwind removed from the game. Then he will start in on every other AA-vehicle. Finally, he will want tank rounds to be transparent to aircraft. These are his whines online, so it will be no different in the wishlist forum.

The size of the new airbases, the closeness of towns and the number of vehicle hangars is all working toward making the horde even bigger. This auxiliary field idea is going to do the same thing. Hordes are the reason people are losing interest in the game I believe. It takes more people to win. More people means less kills and less fun.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 07:01:27 PM by ReVo »

Offline Mendo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #209 on: February 23, 2014, 10:46:07 PM »
It seems that the OP would like to change the game in order to give his preferred choice of activity in AH serious advantages over his opponents. Instant access to his choice of targets which cannot outrun him nor defend against a well executed attack run, and can scan for targets on the battlefield which are beyond reach of any aa units and can be attacked with impunity for a measurable amount of time before an aa vehicle would be able to drive to the area and pose a threat to him, as well as a measurable amount of time before fighter cover could be called in due to the flight from the airbase he feels is too long and removes the risk of fighter interception on the way to and from his vulnerable targets of choice in his own aircraft. He will have the ability to take off when no fighter threat is present and likely wont be, within a couple minutes scan the battlefield and identify targets outside the possibility of aa support, with the added benefit of some of those targets are perked at a cost ranging from 1 to well over 100 at most gv fights and have no chance of getting to pavement where they can tower, kill as many as he is able to and land his kills well before a fighter can be scrambled in or a wirb can cover the distance of the 6k icon range.

Does this sound reasonable to anyone but him?

I find his proposal laughable at best, but I am not opposed to kicking around ideas so....

Grant his requests for ap anti tank aircraft at vbases, just perk them at a cost somethere between the jagpanther and tiger2 in cost to up one from said base and just like spawning vehicles, to safely land he will have to be outside a set range from any enemy gv within a bit longer range, say 10k. That would move the balance of power and risk some small amount from completely one sided towards the one we have now. Im fairly certain this would lead to a steady presence of fighter cover in the area at high alt and speed, little risk, and waiting for word there is a very vulnerable high perk cost target upping who wants to kill very vulnerable high perk cost targets and not have to spend 15-20 minutes to get to them......If the OP is as he claims not concerned about spending perks, and is given the opportunity to play in his ideal niche of AH, and have his instant on scene action he yearns for............

He will be making the long trip in an a20 to the battle from the nearest airbase....