Author Topic: Put Planes back in the GV game  (Read 7128 times)

Offline puller

• Gold Member
Re: Put Planes back in the GV game
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2014, 12:22:11 PM »
Hmmmm.....I don't see the air side of this game dying at all...I don't see the gv side of this game changing at all either....what I do see are several different aspects of gaming that you can choose from...you can bomb ground targets, you can bomb gvs, you can hunt the bombers in fighters, you can use fighter/bombers to destroy ground targets, you can use fighter/bombers to hunt gvs...do I need to go on? do you want to dogfight? I have no trouble finding dogfights...what do you want?  I don't get it....are you jealous of the gvers?...gving is a blast and a great way to get away from the old ho/pick/vulch....I just don't understand, maybe my redneck brain can't comprehend...maybe its just I can actually find a fun time in this game anytime I log on...
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2014, 12:32:14 PM »
Hmmmm.....I don't see the air side of this game dying at all...I don't see the gv side of this game changing at all either....what I do see are several different aspects of gaming that you can choose from...you can bomb ground targets, you can bomb gvs, you can hunt the bombers in fighters, you can use fighter/bombers to destroy ground targets, you can use fighter/bombers to hunt gvs...do I need to go on? do you want to dogfight? I have no trouble finding dogfights...what do you want?  I don't get it....are you jealous of the gvers?...gving is a blast and a great way to get away from the old ho/pick/vulch....I just don't understand, maybe my redneck brain can't comprehend...maybe its just I can actually find a fun time in this game anytime I log on...

Nope.... I just want to play with the GV's I just don't understand, maybe my laidback SoCal brain can't comprehend...maybe its just I can actually find a fun time in this game anytime I log on...

Yep that's it,
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2014, 12:33:01 PM »
Wow, that is one terrible idea. -1

Believe it or not there is an achievement for killing tanks  :O  .......I think that achievement should be more accessible to the masses. Panzernackers should be added to the GV bases ...it's a fantastic idea :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHCocpH8maM

:cheers:
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2014, 02:18:06 PM »
Believe it or not there is an achievement for killing tanks  :O  .......I think that achievement should be more accessible to the masses. Panzernackers should be added to the GV bases ...it's a fantastic idea :)

Don't get me wrong, I am all for having tank busting planes at gv fields...and I am still trying to get that achievement  :lol
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2014, 03:33:22 PM »
-1 not a fan...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2014, 03:45:25 PM »
I don't care for the fact that GVer's don't have to join the game or have their own game inside the game where if they like can just go spawn and sit blasting away with no care about the planes.

+1

Either remove GVs from the game, or make them join the real game instead of playing 'Tankers High'

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2014, 04:58:03 PM »
+1

Either remove GVs from the game, or make them join the real game instead of playing 'Tankers High'

You mean make airfield ownership tied to the state of the ground war? Fantastic idea!!!

I've always thought i was utter horse crap that aircraft play such a large role in the game, when they were merely support assets during WWII. Always about the boots on the ground  :cheers:.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2014, 05:04:17 PM »
there is die hard tankers just like there is diehard bombers and diehard fighters i don't like the idea i am not a GV'r by any means but i watch them get bombed enough as it is why would you wanna make it even harder for them? to force them into the skies? well some play this game to GV only just like some play for fighter/bombers only you ever think about how many may leave the game because they cant GV anymore because soon as they spawn they gotta fight off the planes? if you ever watch any GV battles it is 99% tanks very few wirbs setting in a tank fight why is that? because they stand little to no chance against a tank so very few park a wirb to cover the Tanks most wirbs in game are spotted either on a Vbase for defense or the airfield to break a vulch, and greebo's MA map does have alot of GV action why? because it takes awhile for the planes to get to them so the GV while it last there still is a few that bomb there too but not as many because it takes too long for most to climb up there. planes vs Ground vehicles the tanks dont stand a chance as it is now no need to make it any harder on them.
G3-MF

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2014, 05:56:30 PM »
+1

Implying that GV'ers don't play the "game" is rather silly and it nothing more than someone trying to get someone else to play how the first person wants the others to play.  It is no different than the "Win the War" crowd crying how furballers don't play the game by not helping take bases and just mindlessly furball.  FF's 'wish' is just another thinly veiled whine.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2014, 11:09:13 PM »
there is die hard tankers just like there is diehard bombers and diehard fighters i don't like the idea i am not a GV'r by any means but i watch them get bombed enough as it is why would you wanna make it even harder for them? to force them into the skies? well some play this game to GV only just like some play for fighter/bombers only you ever think about how many may leave the game because they cant GV anymore because soon as they spawn they gotta fight off the planes? if you ever watch any GV battles it is 99% tanks very few wirbs setting in a tank fight why is that? because they stand little to no chance against a tank so very few park a wirb to cover the Tanks most wirbs in game are spotted either on a Vbase for defense or the airfield to break a vulch, and greebo's MA map does have alot of GV action why? because it takes awhile for the planes to get to them so the GV while it last there still is a few that bomb there too but not as many because it takes too long for most to climb up there. planes vs Ground vehicles the tanks dont stand a chance as it is now no need to make it any harder on them.

The argument don't hold water .......The idea that they can die a 1000 deaths to a tank or another GV but   ........ When a plane come along  wha ... WHAT  :eek:  Oh :frown:   OH NO!! :mad:  OMG!!! :mad:   BOOM!!!     FUHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!   :furious :furious :furious :furious :furious

Is just a joke,

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2014, 11:13:42 PM »
Implying that GV'ers don't play the "game" is rather silly and it nothing more than someone trying to get someone else to play how the first person wants the others to play.  It is no different than the "Win the War" crowd crying how furballers don't play the game by not helping take bases and just mindlessly furball.  FF's 'wish' is just another thinly veiled whine.

ack-ack

LOL   It's a whine ........ to want GV killers to play with GV's there supposed to kill ... you ARE stupid!

I'm sure you are more thinly veiled then I... drop child.

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2014, 01:20:52 AM »
You mean make airfield ownership tied to the state of the ground war? Fantastic idea!!!

I've always thought i was utter horse crap that aircraft play such a large role in the game, when they were merely support assets during WWII. Always about the boots on the ground  :cheers:.

I always thought it was utter horse crap that there are so many cars in GTA, when in real life most peoples cars are parked outside their place of work.

The game is called Aces High, I would suggest that there is a requirement for at least a few aircraft or people would be disappointed.

Of course aircraft were merely support assets in WW2, especially during B-O-B, and Midway and the Pacific Campaigns, wonder they bothered with them at all! :huh
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2014, 02:35:19 AM »
You guys are conveniently forgetting that with only guns in a GV hunter, many GVers from commander mode are single shot wonders and don't need a wirbel to protect them. The OP didn't ask for bombs, just guns. If we didn't have our gamey commander 1 shot skeet shooting mode, I wouldn't be supporting the OP.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2014, 09:04:57 AM »
You guys are conveniently forgetting that with only guns in a GV hunter, many GVers from commander mode are single shot wonders and don't need a wirbel to protect them. The OP didn't ask for bombs, just guns. If we didn't have our gamey commander 1 shot skeet shooting mode, I wouldn't be supporting the OP.

do it correctly, they cannot hit you.

most people have no concept of how steep is steep enough trying to bust tanks with guns only

ie. treetop level is dead wrong.  :lol
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2014, 12:37:47 PM »
Tank busting with planes is an art just like dive bombing...I still stand by my +1 of allowing tankbusters at gv fields as it would get mitigate the probability of a spawn camp that cannot be broken...but the idea of the gvers not playing the "game" while they are in TT is just out there man... :rolleyes:
CO   Anti-Horde