Author Topic: Put Planes back in the GV game  (Read 7127 times)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Put Planes back in the GV game
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2014, 12:42:01 PM »
You guys are conveniently forgetting that with only guns in a GV hunter, many GVers from commander mode are single shot wonders and don't need a wirbel to protect them. The OP didn't ask for bombs, just guns. If we didn't have our gamey commander 1 shot skeet shooting mode, I wouldn't be supporting the OP.

Yeah, if you get hit with a tank shell, its ENTIRELY your own fault for being an idiot, and commander mode doesn't have anything to do with it. If you lack the intelligence to use a sensible attack profile (ie NOT low and slow), then you don't deserve to live.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2014, 01:01:30 PM »
do it correctly, they cannot hit you.

most people have no concept of how steep is steep enough trying to bust tanks with guns only

ie. treetop level is dead wrong.  :lol

Tree top level is where you exit many times tho and most of my deaths in the Ju87G2 come from the dang trees...  :lol 

It's very hard to get tanks moving around trees  or sitting nested in a real dense set of trees... I find I only need a small glimpse of a part of the tank to get it eventually...lining up several passes... sometimes requiring a reload or two.

:salute
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2014, 01:37:42 PM »

Yeah, if you get hit with a tank shell, its ENTIRELY your own fault for being an idiot, and commander mode doesn't have anything to do with it. If you lack the intelligence to use a sensible attack profile (ie NOT low and slow), then you are apparently an idiot and don't deserve to live.

You really do spout some vitriolic nonsense don't you?

Judging by your tanking stats for the last few tours, and by your own standards (see above), you too are an idiot and apparently don't deserve to live. Maybe you weren't too far off the mark :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 01:41:24 PM by danny76 »
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2014, 02:03:48 PM »
You really do spout some vitriolic nonsense don't you?

Judging by your tanking stats for the last few tours, and by your own standards (see above), you too are an idiot and apparently don't deserve to live. Maybe you weren't too far off the mark :rolleyes:

I haven't been tanking much. Sue me.

You fly nice and slow and level strait at an enemy's guns, and you expect not to get shot down? Human language simply lacks the words necessary to describe such a level of idiocy. Its truly incomprehensible to me how one could have such a simple and imbecilic line of reasoning, and yet have managed to not be struck by traffic. Its literally the same line of reasoning!

You expect tanks to just not fire at you, or just somehow miss you, despite being only moderately harder to hit than a stationary target. I can only assume you also expect traffic to just stop for you, or somehow happen to miss you while you waltz across a freeway.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline ddotS

• Zinc Member
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2014, 03:48:10 PM »
:cry :cry Wah I sucj in a GV so I want everyone to play in planes! I cant tank so no one should be allowed too how dare those evil tankers try and have fun at TANKTOWN while im getting my asss handed to me all over the skies. :cry :cry
Fixed.  -Stodd
Stodd. ~~No Evil~~
POTW
Not back

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2014, 05:02:12 PM »
I haven't been tanking much. Sue me.

You fly nice and slow and level strait at an enemy's guns, and you expect not to get shot down? Human language simply lacks the words necessary to describe such a level of idiocy. Its truly incomprehensible to me how one could have such a simple and imbecilic line of reasoning, and yet have managed to not be struck by traffic. Its literally the same line of reasoning!

You expect tanks to just not fire at you, or just somehow miss you, despite being only moderately harder to hit than a stationary target. I can only assume you also expect traffic to just stop for you, or somehow happen to miss you while you waltz across a freeway.

Honestly, I have read this 4 times and frankly I still cannot make head nor tail of this gibberish.
I too don't tank much, primarily because I have been involved in RL armoured operating since 1993, and the AH game bears absolutely not the slightest similarity to RL. But I cannot fail to draw proper inference from your posts, that you are an avid and successful in game GV'er. Stats suggest quite the opposite.
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2014, 05:18:21 PM »
Honestly, I have read this 4 times and frankly I still cannot make head nor tail of this gibberish.[/quite]
Simple. You do stupid and high-risk things in game, you can expect to be killed as a result, same as in life. If you don't like being killed, stop being stupid; that's you're only option while continuing to play the game.

I too don't tank much, primarily because I have been involved in RL armoured operating since 1993, and the AH game bears absolutely not the slightest similarity to RL. But I cannot fail to draw proper inference from your posts, that you are an avid and successful in game GV'er. Stats suggest quite the opposite.

I used to be an avid GV'er. Not the best, but one of the better ones. However its worn thin lately, given the limited map rotation, camping, etc. TT's are fun for a while, but without some objective to push for, just shooting back and forth grows old after a while.

However just because GV'ing has held less fun for me of late doesn't mean I wish to see it ruined by idiots and whiners.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2014, 07:44:19 PM »
If this is implemented, most players will feed themselves to the tank commander position because the Ju87-G2 and IL2 were not designed to be flown in the gyrations we go through in the game to get guns on the target long enough to make the shooting work and not get fragged by the commander every pass. The tank commander is in indestructible mode, so he doesn't pay a price for his upper body sticking out of the hatch during a strafing run, with a giant sight ring to aim his personal big gun into the attackers face. Isn't that a modern 21st century tank aiming device for the commander only possible with computers? Almost a lead computing gunsight enabled but, for tanks.

The Ju87-G2 and Il2 in real life during guns runs against tanks, didn't attack from a dive bomb 60-90 degree attitude. And the commander zipped himself up to not get killed. He didn't hang out of the hatch skeet shooting tank hunters during their guns run.

The gyrations we go through to beat the single shot dead eye'd dork commander mode self air defense, didn't happen in real life. The planes would have been designed differently, or not at all. Effective gun range against armor was 437yds(400m) and closer. Instead, bombs and PTAB took care of the issue in real life.

At 437yds(400m) attacking from 60-90 degrees, many Ju87-G2 and IL2 pilots in the game auger. Shallower, many feed themselves to the indestructible tank commander.

Maybe Hitech should make commanders killable but, give the Gver a formation mode where they can choose an M16, osti, or wirbel to slave along with them. Then hop into the tank guns zipping up the hatch or the towed anti air vehicle.

As is, if this isn't changed. Allowing guns only tank hunters to up from GV bases will just give the tanks free kills.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2014, 11:11:40 AM »
The OP didn't ask for bombs, just guns.

Wrong.  Then why was the Stuka dive bomber on his original list?  He was going to kill tanks with a 7.9mm machine gun?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2014, 11:53:24 AM »
Wrong.  Then why was the Stuka dive bomber on his original list?  He was going to kill tanks with a 7.9mm machine gun?

WRONG!

Historically the Stuka D-3 dive bomber was used on tanks if you will read a little farther down Baldy, you will see I said I don't think it would be historically correct but could go for no bombs.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 01:00:12 PM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2014, 11:57:22 AM »

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2014, 12:10:45 PM »
If this is implemented, most players will feed themselves to the tank commander position because the Ju87-G2 and IL2 were not designed to be flown in the gyrations we go through in the game to get guns on the target long enough to make the shooting work and not get fragged by the commander every pass. The tank commander is in indestructible mode, so he doesn't pay a price for his upper body sticking out of the hatch during a strafing run, with a giant sight ring to aim his personal big gun into the attackers face. Isn't that a modern 21st century tank aiming device for the commander only possible with computers? Almost a lead computing gunsight enabled but, for tanks.

The Ju87-G2 and Il2 in real life during guns runs against tanks, didn't attack from a dive bomb 60-90 degree attitude. And the commander zipped himself up to not get killed. He didn't hang out of the hatch skeet shooting tank hunters during their guns run.

The gyrations we go through to beat the single shot dead eye'd dork commander mode self air defense, didn't happen in real life. The planes would have been designed differently, or not at all. Effective gun range against armor was 437yds(400m) and closer. Instead, bombs and PTAB took care of the issue in real life.

At 437yds(400m) attacking from 60-90 degrees, many Ju87-G2 and IL2 pilots in the game auger. Shallower, many feed themselves to the indestructible tank commander.

Maybe Hitech should make commanders killable but, give the Gver a formation mode where they can choose an M16, osti, or wirbel to slave along with them. Then hop into the tank guns zipping up the hatch or the towed anti air vehicle.

As is, if this isn't changed. Allowing guns only tank hunters to up from GV bases will just give the tanks free kills.

Thanx for your support,

It's not easy that's for sure ....besides the hidden laser beam flaks and the cupola commanders... still have to dodge all the pilots going for what they think will be an easy kill.....buffers rolling by trying to hit ya with their guns ....some times it's hard just to get to town or the spawn and the damn TREES.  :lol ...this week I went over 2000 kills in the Ju87G2 since it was added in camp 150.

It would be so much better if WE the air pilots could up from the GV hangers in certain planes. You could bust the spawn camper hella lot more easy than dying 40 times till ya get a shot.  I bet the GV'ers themselves would use it quite a bit.

Thanx again,

« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 12:13:02 PM by Megalodon »

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2014, 12:17:37 PM »
WRONG!

Historically the Stuka D-3 dive bomber was used on tanks if you will read a little farther down Baldy, you will see I said I don't think it would be historically correct but could for go no bombs.

Bustr said you didn't wish for bombs but only guns in your op.  I was simply pointing out that you wished for a dive bomber so did, in fact, wish for bombs.

If you look back, I was the one who supported your idea but only for AP equipped aircraft and with no bombs available.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2014, 12:24:30 PM »
Bustr said you didn't wish for bombs but only guns in your op.  I was simply pointing out that you wished for a dive bomber so did, in fact, wish for bombs.

If you look back, I was the one who supported your idea but only for AP equipped aircraft and with no bombs available.

He said the OP Not the OP in his opening post.

Yes I saw and I appreciate it.

I think having certain planes at GV bases  would be a great new addition to game play and add more diversity to the game.

Thank you,

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2014, 05:45:21 PM »
Remove aircraft icons for GV's.
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'