Author Topic: fighter Ranking formula Modification  (Read 7600 times)

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
Re: fighter Ranking formula Modification
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2014, 08:49:53 AM »
Pand would probably be fighter #1  :D

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2014, 09:43:06 AM »
Pand would probably be fighter #1  :D
Ehm, was in the top10 many times only flying an eny30 ride, sometimes in the top5 too...  ehm  :)
AoM
City of ice

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2014, 07:23:46 PM »
Some planes are at great disadvanage with hit %
FW190A5 is one of the worst flying with its historic package of 2* 151 2* FF 20mm and 2* 7.7mms

Also the Fw190A8R2 have a similar disadvantage.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2014, 06:57:50 AM »
Save, I would think the spit with the 12 MG would be about the worst % hit plane. 

I know flying the P47, I am much more liberal with the lead showers than when I take out a Mustang.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2014, 08:53:00 AM »
I vote no.

HiTech

No on replacing or no on adding?

Can you share your thoughts on why?  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2014, 09:57:13 AM »
Can you share your thoughts on why?  :salute

Yes I can.

HiTech

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2014, 11:30:54 AM »
Yes I can.

HiTech

Rats, out smarted again.

Would you share your thoughts on adding perks to the rank score?
Who is John Galt?

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2014, 11:38:19 AM »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2014, 12:48:28 PM »
Save, I would think the spit with the 12 MG would be about the worst % hit plane. 

I know flying the P47, I am much more liberal with the lead showers than when I take out a Mustang.

I have had some tours where I averaged over 12% in a P-47, but lately can't hit shat.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2014, 12:59:56 PM »
Rats, out smarted again.

:airplane: OK, you want to know who is best fighter pilot? Tell you what, you know how much ammo you have when you take off, all you have to do is count the ammo when you land vs number of kills! If you have no kills, bottom of the list! Have 4 kills and expended 650 rounds, go to head of list. I flew, or tried to fly wing one night with Pand, he landed 9 kills and had 40 rounds of .50 cal in a Bravo! If that isn't the best, I don't know what you would consider the best.
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2014, 01:33:55 PM »
:airplane: OK, you want to know who is best fighter pilot? Tell you what, you know how much ammo you have when you take off, all you have to do is count the ammo when you land vs number of kills! If you have no kills, bottom of the list! Have 4 kills and expended 650 rounds, go to head of list. I flew, or tried to fly wing one night with Pand, he landed 9 kills and had 40 rounds of .50 cal in a Bravo! If that isn't the best, I don't know what you would consider the best.

sounds like you are good bait  hahahaha

Ps... not taking away from Pand here...he is a good 51B driver....

« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 01:36:54 PM by SPKmes »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2014, 02:36:14 PM »
Rats, out smarted again.

If your goal is to have the score system change who is shown as a high ranking pilot. Your perk  idea would have very little effect.

HiTech

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2014, 02:43:41 PM »
Hitech,  Vinkman's idea does have some merit, but to make it measurable would take some thought.

Why do I think his idea has merit?  Simply, we would see more of the plane set put to use.  There are many subscribers that consider the rank system a measure of there performance against other players.  By changing the metrics a bit, we would certainly see more of the early/mid-war vehicles used on a frequent basis.  Which, would reflect HTC's hard work modeling those vehicles.

respectfully,

ammo
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2014, 02:44:45 PM »

Pand is good, granted, (and a jolly nice chap,) but please think a little before you take someone's bait. I say because he isn't the best, and I'm sure he would accept that like I do.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2014, 03:18:47 PM »
Hitech,  Vinkman's idea does have some merit, but to make it measurable would take some thought.

Why do I think his idea has merit?  Simply, we would see more of the plane set put to use.  There are many subscribers that consider the rank system a measure of there performance against other players.  By changing the metrics a bit, we would certainly see more of the early/mid-war vehicles used on a frequent basis.  Which, would reflect HTC's hard work modeling those vehicles.

respectfully,

ammo

the ranking system is not really a measure of their performance against other players but rather their skill in understanding how the ranking system works.

for example we had a couple of years ago a guy who flew the mossie a zillion straight missions bombing towns over a 2 day period without ending his sorty.  when he was tired he would take the mossie to a rear base and park in there.  he ended up in second place in attack mode only because the other guy captured 2 bases.  is avoiding combat a measure of his skill?

same thing while in fighter mode.  you will see more than a couple of fighter score hordes stay high above everybody and if anybody comes close they quickly move away.  they will only attack if sure it will get a killed and will really avoid combat at all costs.

do I think they are doing anything wrong?  nope, it's their 15 bucks, let them play the game as they enjoy it.  but changing the ranking system  is not gonna change how people play.  most couldnt care less if they rank 1000 or 1.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.