Author Topic: Old issue, ditches on airfields.  (Read 2057 times)

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
Re: Old issue, ditches on airfields.
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2014, 10:37:40 PM »
When I first started playing I took my score dead serious. It was 'everything' to me when playing. However, after playing for roughly a year I got over it, realizing that some of those who weren't ranked in the "elite" were still really good. Got in a squad and seen the laid back attitudes of every-day people just wanting to have a good time.  I admit, it is sometimes frustrating when you land and something like that happens. Been there, we all have at one point or another.

I think of many pros and cons of the game, but I think of it as a balancing thing.  In this case, sure you might think you deserve to get a landed safely because you landed within a certain distance of the base, or you are 'parked' right next to the runway. You can view that as a pro or a con. I think it's a balancing factor (most likely unintended by HTC) for having 'unlimited' lives and planes.  Lets face it, if you crashed an expensive aircraft like that, do you think ANYONE would allow you to fly in another one if you kept crashing them?  We get the luxury of crashing, shooting them up, and losing parts all across the 'worlds' and still get a new plane, no questions asked.. or the hassle.

*shrug*

I used to think the same way. But I like the challenge of landing on the runway.   :joystick:

If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2014, 11:40:10 PM »
 100 people surveyed, top 5 answers are on the board....name an issue with the game that you feel is a priority to fix asap. You said...Ditching anywhere...survey said!!!....

X

~AoM~

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2014, 02:27:26 AM »
100 people surveyed, top 5 answers are on the board....name an issue with the game that you feel is a priority to fix asap. You said...Ditching anywhere...survey said!!!....

Ding!  #3 answer!

FIFY.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline shoresroad

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2014, 07:45:42 AM »
except the MA and Aces High is NOT "based" on WW2...nor does NOT try to recreate WW2.....

it uses WW2 equipment that is all....

And that's a crying shame...
"Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant."
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2014, 09:00:37 AM »
And that's a crying shame...

no it aint. :aok

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2014, 10:03:49 AM »
Maybe it's backlash from people observing guys coming in gear up and rolling the plane up until it's nothing but a small tube with a pilot in it and getting a safe "landing" while a guy landing gear down and having one wheel 1 inch off the concrete not 25 feet from a hangar being credited with a ditch.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2014, 12:35:08 AM »
Maybe it's backlash from people observing guys coming in gear up and rolling the plane up until it's nothing but a small tube with a pilot in it and getting a safe "landing" while a guy landing gear down and having one wheel 1 inch off the concrete not 25 feet from a hangar being credited with a ditch.

This.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted