Author Topic: Skin Viewer 2.29 p5  (Read 313 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Skin Viewer 2.29 p5
« on: February 03, 2014, 03:10:07 PM »
I am at a loss to what the skin viewer is supposed to enable me to see, other than the default res file contents. I used it to get a screen shot of the I-16 to help point out an issue for the Wish List. When I attempt to open any other res files, it tells me they are in a wrong format.

I also noticed in another post of a problem with an He 111 skin, the View distance was 23 rather than 40. Am I missing knowledge of a set of controls undocumented, or procedures you have to come to this forum and ask questions about?

This is one of the few player driven processes in our game which I agree the knowledge of the process should remain in the keeping of the fraternity willing to invest the time. I suspect like map making, it tends to protect itself from idle curiosity.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Re: Skin Viewer 2.29 p5
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 04:00:10 PM »
You are right that you can only open the default skin for any particular ride with the skin viewer unless you create a new skin yourself. The res files in your skins folder are in a different format and can only be read by the game itself.

To change the view distance, hold the shift key down and move the mouse forward or backward. To move the object being viewed about within the window use the alt key while moving the mouse.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 04:03:15 PM by Greebo »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Skin Viewer 2.29 p5
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 04:56:09 PM »
Thank you.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.