Author Topic: sunsfan vs icepac dueling bracket  (Read 2930 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: sunsfan vs icepac dueling bracket
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 01:18:59 PM »
If your going to bring up the rules you should read them first.   :aok

or actually go to DA and fight. :noid

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2014, 01:32:56 PM »
Either one of you could drop the obfuscation concerning dueling at any time. Neither of you know anything worth learning, except how to be an air combat gamer.

For anyone else wanting a glimpse of the real stuff, I give you "Speed and Angels," which will give you more insight into fights than any fight in the DA can give you.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/49206
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2014, 01:43:20 PM »
You are confusing knowing how to merge with my not agreeing with what is considered a proper merge in aces high.

Don't you have more whining to do in the "Clean fight or not?" thread?

Clap Clap!
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2014, 01:47:30 PM »
Either one of you could drop the obfuscation concerning dueling at any time. Neither of you know anything worth learning, except how to be an air combat gamer.

For anyone else wanting a glimpse of the real stuff, I give you "Speed and Angels," which will give you more insight into fights than any fight in the DA can give you.

ahh man....I am sorry........ I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.....

hell you have been flying so long I will be easy to kill....with your vast unsurpassed skills.....I really want to learn from the best.....I know after only 1 DA session with you  I would be 100% better......

hell I would learn more from you in one session then the 1000s of DA fights I have had.....

alas my ego is easily bruised....so please take it easy on me and let me last at least 1 turn before you kill me.

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2014, 01:48:17 PM »

:lol  As it just so happens this is a video game forum. I think I found the right place  :aok
 Unless your getting shot at, it's all a game, and made to be fun.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2014, 01:51:46 PM »

your video link to a 21st century billion dollar jet fight is really relevant to our 20th century world war 2 game..  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 01:53:28 PM by BluBerry »

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2014, 02:01:22 PM »
your video link to a 21st century billion dollar jet fight is really relevant to our 20th century world war 2 game..  :rolleyes:

:rofl :rofl

I didn't bother looking at the link.....

chalenge I have found to be...mentally challenged....

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2014, 02:10:51 PM »
And this is exactly why none of you are qualified to teach anyone about anything.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2014, 02:13:11 PM »
And this is exactly why none of you are qualified to teach anyone about anything.
U r teh smarts den?
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2014, 02:16:37 PM »

you are right...we are scum who know nothing...we talk mad smack about how great we are in this cartoon game....but refuse to go to the DA and actually back up our words....

oh wait...that is you not us...sorry talking to you has addled my brain again.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2014, 03:00:40 PM »
If you 'merged' with me like that the first time I would have selected 100% fuel for the next round I would put the plane on auto level at the merge and go off down the shops for an hour  :rofl

Funny.....in the first fight we never got further than 1000 yards away.

I also landed the first bullets but sadly had 303s selected meaning the fight could very well have ended had I selected the 4x20mm.

So you're saying you would have run away if I didn't immediately turn with you at the merge?

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2014, 03:44:43 PM »
Funny.....in the first fight we never got further than 1000 yards away.

I also landed the first bullets but sadly had 303s selected meaning the fight could very well have ended had I selected the 4x20mm.

So you're saying you would have run away if I didn't immediately turn with you at the merge?

I think everyone should consider the possibility that icepac is trolling you all with his "merge questions".

In my assessment (opinion) he claimed ignorance of what a merge is in order to get a clear definition that doesn't require him to turn at the first merge.  His claim that he flew straight and level at the alt cap to  "make sure a merge took place" has nothing to do with "what a merge is".  His real intent is to contend (or demonstrate) that you don't need to dive and turn at the initial merge to win.  I'm not saying I agree with it, although I am no dueling expert, but I am certain that is the point he is trying to make.  Why he is not just coming out and saying that, I don't know, other than he may be enjoying trolling you on the subject and likely he intends to use the same "merge tactic" in later rounds in the tournament.

If you watch the films, you will see what did was avoid an immediate angles fight (by not diving and turning) and instead forced a protracted energy fight, while making the opponent turn, chase and climb to him.  This almost works.  

In each film you can see icepac winds up with a slight altitude advantage coming into the second merge where both aircraft are at or near stall.  A little better gunnery may have even won him more rounds, though I'm not sure he had the energy to keep his nose up for a kill shot in the Hurri round.  In the I-16 round, Suns stalls and icepac wins.  In the 110 round, icepac stalls and Suns wins.  The other two rounds came down to better gunnery and lead angles by Suns.

I think icepac is probably used to stalling people out in fights, rather than angle fighting.  So, he attempted to use that approach in his duels.  In my opinion, he used his feigned ignorance about merges as subterfuge to disguise his intent or to troll all the DA experts, or both.

He knows what a merge is.  He just doesn't subscribe to what most duelers do at/after the merge, which is turn.

I hope this saves those of you being trolled from further headaches.

<S>
Ryno

« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 04:09:03 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2014, 04:43:56 PM »
If Challenge was a college professor, then he would be the one my buddies and I would loosen the bolts on his swivel chair.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2014, 04:46:07 PM »
 :noid

:rofl

:cheers:

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2014, 04:52:47 PM »
If Challenge was a college professor, then he would be the one my buddies and I would loosen the bolts on his swivel chair.

They let guys like you in college? Now that's funny!