Author Topic: More and more bailing after bombing  (Read 7830 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: More and more bailing after bombing
« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2014, 01:06:41 PM »

Because it's not realistic. A set of bombers over enemy territory, no one ever bailed out to avoid a fight in that situation, they want to bail over their own territory well then maybe that is compromise. It's gaming the game, and this game is intended for combat. It's not my fault they took bombers over my country, why should anyone pay penalty in time wasted chasing them, when they say ha! I'm just going to bail because my ego is going to get hurt if they shoot me down.

On the rare occasion that I have bailed out of perfectly good bombers it was NEVER to avoid a fight, it was I had to go or something came up and I couldn't invest the time to fly home, the handful of times that happened I was deep in their strats, and I'd be fine if the nearest person got the kill too.  

Fight man, good god. (< at the B&B's not you Vink)

I've bailed before.  Usually during a Milk-Run, when my squad-mates would log on and want to set something up.  I'm not going to make them wait 30-40 minutes for my return, I will just bail so I can meet up with them.
I have never bailed, because I was under any form of attack...

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #106 on: March 18, 2014, 05:45:08 PM »
I've bailed before.  Usually during a Milk-Run, when my squad-mates would log on and want to set something up.  I'm not going to make them wait 30-40 minutes for my return, I will just bail so I can meet up with them.
I have never bailed, because I was under any form of attack...

Coogan

^this. If i bail its either to jump into a mission or my aircraft no longer has the ability to stay aloft. Never have i ever bailed in order to deny an enemy player the chance to attack or to simply get airborne quicker.
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #107 on: March 18, 2014, 05:52:12 PM »
Hell, I've taken to flying B-17s quite a bit the last half of this tour now. I've had a total of 4 fighters come after me. Two of them were persistent. Two of them turned tail and ran at the first hint of defending tracers. This would be 10% of missions flown so far. I bailed over strat city and gave two of them kills 30 mins after they limped away smoking.

If bomber bailers are responsible for no opposition now, then erg.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: March 18, 2014, 06:41:20 PM »

Because it's not realistic. A set of bombers over enemy territory, no one ever bailed out to avoid a fight in that situation, they want to bail over their own territory well then maybe that is compromise. It's gaming the game, and this game is intended for combat. It's not my fault they took bombers over my country, why should anyone pay penalty in time wasted chasing them, when they say ha! I'm just going to bail because my ego is going to get hurt if they shoot me down.

On the rare occasion that I have bailed out of perfectly good bombers it was NEVER to avoid a fight, it was I had to go or something came up and I couldn't invest the time to fly home, the handful of times that happened I was deep in their strats, and I'd be fine if the nearest person got the kill too.  

Fight man, good god. (< at the B&B's not you Vink)

The only solution would be to eliminate bailing out of the plane, because extending the proxy range isn't going to stop the guy from bailing because it doesn't change the outcome from his standpoint.

I doubt HTC is going prevent people from bailing out. That what I meant be not forcing people to fight. So increasing proxy range isn't going to effectively change much except you will get three easy kills. You still won;t get many fights from the bailing bunch.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2014, 02:47:37 AM »

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2014, 04:22:31 AM »
They should add a 'suicide' button to a bomber. Leave one 500 pounder in the cargo bay and enable the pilot to blow it up. Then make a pretty graphic with bomber parts and smoke pillowing down the sky when the dweeb wants to tower :D
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2014, 06:21:06 AM »
more and more of them lately than i have seen in my nearly 2yrs :rolleyes:
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2014, 07:58:56 AM »
more and more of them lately than i have seen in my nearly 2yrs :rolleyes:

Your sampling is small.  :D

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2014, 08:34:47 AM »
I was hovering over a nit base the other day and a KI-61 upped...being about 10k I watch him for a min as he climbed out...it was about 2 min after he had upped he noticed me above him and immediately bailed...I was not given a proxy or anything...but he was sure quick to jump into the 88...the weird thing about the 61 is that the whole cockpit was full of smoke...almost like a cheech and chong movie  :headscratch:  sorry blu I know it wasn't you  :lol   :noid
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2014, 10:15:31 AM »
I was hovering over a nit base the other day and a KI-61 upped...being about 10k I watch him for a min as he climbed out...it was about 2 min after he had upped he noticed me above him and immediately bailed...I was not given a proxy or anything...but he was sure quick to jump into the 88...the weird thing about the 61 is that the whole cockpit was full of smoke...almost like a cheech and chong movie  :headscratch:  sorry blu I know it wasn't you  :lol   :noid

hot box gone wrong.

:noid

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: March 28, 2014, 10:18:06 AM »
 :rofl
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #117 on: March 28, 2014, 10:52:30 AM »
They should add a 'suicide' button to a bomber. Leave one 500 pounder in the cargo bay and enable the pilot to blow it up. Then make a pretty graphic with bomber parts and smoke pillowing down the sky when the dweeb wants to tower :D

Absolutely positively NO!

Can you imagine the griefers waiting until you are in range and blowing themselves up just to take you with them?
Wag more, bark less.

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #118 on: March 28, 2014, 06:51:11 PM »
I've got to admit that with the distance to some of the factories with the new split-up strat system on some maps I've been very tempted to bomb and bail. I won't do it if there's a con en route--that would be uncool to him, given the time he took to get to the alt I usually drop from--but really, a 2+ hour mission that mostly is as exciting as watching paint dry?
I bomb strats to help my side win, not because it's fun. Even though I don't condone it, I understand why some bomb and bail (at least concerning the harder-to-reach factories). HT ought to make those a little less time-consuming to reach, imo.

Offline SorcererDave

• Zinc Member
« Reply #119 on: March 28, 2014, 09:59:49 PM »
I admit on occasion the prospect of bailing with an enemy closing fast has seemed briefly tempting when I've been having a particularly crappy night on the server. I've never actually stooped that low however. Ultimately though dodging enemy fighters, limping back to base on the return trip and finally getting those wheels back on the runway is half the fun of flying a bomber in the first place. For me anyway.