Author Topic: Carolina Reaper  (Read 392 times)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
Carolina Reaper
« on: February 06, 2014, 05:38:09 AM »
Usually Im for trying the next 'Hottest Pepper in The World', but after watching these two after I stopped laughing I decided I'll pass

**WARNING** Language NSFW*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD65inj7KGQ
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
Re: Carolina Reaper
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 12:58:07 PM »
Usually Im for trying the next 'Hottest Pepper in The World', but after watching these two after I stopped laughing I decided I'll pass

**WARNING** Language NSFW*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD65inj7KGQ

As a hot pepper farmer and breeder I have nothing against the video.....but I do HIGHLY recommend that YOU and anyone you know NEVER- NEVER ever do this.  Why?  You can DIE.

Pepper spray, which is not quite as bad a pepper in the movie (I think what they called the pepper is a misnomer, as it looks just like a Habenero Red Savina -- most likely in the TOP THREE peppers in heat) has and can cause DEATH in some people who are unable to breathe because the pepper spray and (eating) pepper capsicum in very high levels causes breathing problems in people to the extreme.  A friend of mine was pepper sprayed twice and died in the back of a squad car.  While observing the videos of not only these guys but the similar guy in Finland can be entertaining -- please don't let it be the reason they stuff your remains under a head stone.

This includes "Insando Dave's" and any other sauce that contains pepper concentrates and extracts.  A drop or a few drops is fine, most people have no problems.
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 06:45:36 PM »
As a hot pepper farmer and breeder I have nothing against the video.....but I do HIGHLY recommend that YOU and anyone you know NEVER- NEVER ever do this.  Why?  You can DIE.

Pepper spray, which is not quite as bad a pepper in the movie (I think what they called the pepper is a misnomer, as it looks just like a Habenero Red Savina -- most likely in the TOP THREE peppers in heat) has and can cause DEATH in some people who are unable to breathe because the pepper spray and (eating) pepper capsicum in very high levels causes breathing problems in people to the extreme.  A friend of mine was pepper sprayed twice and died in the back of a squad car.  While observing the videos of not only these guys but the similar guy in Finland can be entertaining -- please don't let it be the reason they stuff your remains under a head stone.

This includes "Insando Dave's" and any other sauce that contains pepper concentrates and extracts.  A drop or a few drops is fine, most people have no problems.

LOL dave insanity sauce I know a guy that licked a 4 oz soufflé cup full of the stuff clean poor guy was shaking. To me the thing is there is a fine line between a good heat that brings something to the meal and just being way too hot . IF I am having a meal and have a whole pepper to eat with it the hottest I go is a jalapeno. If IM making  sauce then Illl go hotter but not so that it overwhelms the meal.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 06:51:14 PM »
LOL dave insanity sauce I know a guy that licked a 4 oz soufflé cup full of the stuff clean poor guy was shaking. To me the thing is there is a fine line between a good heat that brings something to the meal and just being way too hot . IF I am having a meal and have a whole pepper to eat with it the hottest I go is a jalapeno. If IM making  sauce then Illl go hotter but not so that it overwhelms the meal.

And you sir, are wiser than most.   :aok

In my home made hot sauces -- no MSG, no extracts, no concentrates, just the flavor of each pepper and then additions like fresh garlic, fresh ginger, fresh lime juice, etc.  (this ends here -- no peeking into the TM'ed recipies).

Jalepeno sauce is one of my favorites, I am making some tonight.  I give the sister-in-law a $20 when she goes to Central America and she brings me back bottle after bottle of "made in the right place, the right way, by the right chef's".  I don't feel sad eating it -- I am only sad when the last bottle is empty.

Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 08:01:46 PM »
YEah both my Brother and mother have small gardens with various peppers in them, will sometimes make this mustard based hot sauce that is amazing with poultry
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 09:59:28 AM »
LOL dave insanity sauce I know a guy that licked a 4 oz soufflé cup full of the stuff clean poor guy was shaking. To me the thing is there is a fine line between a good heat that brings something to the meal and just being way too hot . IF I am having a meal and have a whole pepper to eat with it the hottest I go is a jalapeno. If IM making  sauce then Illl go hotter but not so that it overwhelms the meal.

yup, it has to be hot but also tasty at the same time.  I would rather eat a something mildly hot with a great taste that something insanely hot that tastes like crap. most super hot "sauces" out there taste like crap.

talking bout hot sauce, today is friday, it's payday, I am off , gonna go have a beer and some nice spicy menudo  :devil

semp

edit: for those "amateurs" that like to east hot spicy stuff, please dont drink water or beer to "cool down".  it does nothing for you.  drink milk instead, the spicy stuff in peppers is oil based and water and oil dont mix.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 10:02:26 AM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 10:04:45 AM »
talking bout hot sauce, today is friday, it's payday, I am off , gonna go have a beer and some nice spicy menudo  :devil
you had me at beer...lost me at menudo...

any pepper that requires rubber gloves to handle safely without you experiencing severe issues when rubbing your eyes or peeing, doesn't need to be grown or ingested.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 10:06:39 AM by gyrene81 »
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett