Author Topic: Music  (Read 443 times)

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
Music
« on: February 06, 2014, 10:44:13 AM »
Where do you get music for your videos.   I have some films put together but there are some songs I would like to put to them. If some one could tell me where you can get music without infringe copyrights.  One of my vid I think would go great with Weird Al's "Trigger Happy". But where do you get the rights for these songs.
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline jeffdn

• Nickel Member
Re: Music
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 02:15:37 PM »
Are you serious? They don't get the rights for them...

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 02:29:24 PM »
 :noid
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 03:08:35 PM »
Are you serious? They don't get the rights for them...

So If I download and song and put with a Video they cant try to get me for copywrights
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 03:16:45 PM »
Depends on which record company/ global conglomerate owns the song in question. Your video may be flagged in an hour, or never, or somewhere in between.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 05:47:08 PM »
As long as you dont monetize your youtube account they wont mess with you Ive been goin for a couple years now and no issues. You just cant make money from your stuff without getting permission to use it from the label or the person who owns it.
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline whata83

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 12:47:46 AM »
As long as you dont monetize your youtube account they wont mess with you Ive been goin for a couple years now and no issues. You just cant make money from your stuff without getting permission to use it from the label or the person who owns it.

Yeah I put three songs on my red arrows vid and got several third party content warnings but it will tell you if it is an infringement. If it is delete the video. If not the artist may just either track the vid so they get the views stats or they may put an advert on your vid. My vid is on YouTube and all I had to do was acknowledge the content.

I think they may ban it in some country's but not others. The link below might help!

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2797370?p=cid_what_is&rd=1
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” Leonardo da Vinci