Author Topic: Alone Unarmed Unafraid  (Read 2939 times)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Alone Unarmed Unafraid
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2014, 05:30:33 AM »
Excellent!  It told the story very well.  I especially loved the flak plume scenes. 

That HQ building is tough!  That cookie seemed to knock out all of the defensive guns.  Despite ink's impression, the flash from exploding guns was actually more than I had expected from what I recalled from experience.  So, kudoos to you for following the bomb and delivering the load.  Even though I do partly agree with ink that in game explosions could last a bit longer and maybe splash some debris (burning debris = even better).

You were spot on with your timing in sync with Mars.  Very enjoyable indeed.   :aok

So where were you when I was advertising for film contest for an AvA event  :neener:

Offline F77

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2014, 01:10:51 PM »
That was most excellent. Without a doubt one of my favourite aceshigh movies ever made. It does help that I'm a mosquito nut! Great camera work and Mars really set the scene. If you ever revisit it would you consider adding sounds?

Thank you, glad you liked it!  I've considered adding sounds to it and I may have a go, but it adds a whole new level of difficulty and might interfere with the music.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2014, 01:57:20 PM »
here's something I put together years ago, might give you some inspiration for what real life sounds can add to a film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDYAtdB6eHQ

I'd be happy to hand over the samples if, and that's a big if, I can find them on my old hard drives. I stole all of mine off various youtube airshow and weapons test vids.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2014, 02:24:25 PM »
Fantastic F77. Brilliant camera work and excellent flying.  :salute
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Drummer65923000

• Zinc Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2014, 02:35:20 PM »
 :salute Great job man. Good show.   :rock
Rbrterl (242nd Air Terminators)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2014, 02:39:37 PM »
Excellent!  It told the story very well.  I especially loved the flak plume scenes. 

That HQ building is tough!  That cookie seemed to knock out all of the defensive guns.  Despite ink's impression, the flash from exploding guns was actually more than I had expected from what I recalled from experience.  So, kudoos to you for following the bomb and delivering the load.  Even though I do partly agree with ink that in game explosions could last a bit longer and maybe splash some debris (burning debris = even better).

You were spot on with your timing in sync with Mars.  Very enjoyable indeed.   :aok

So where were you when I was advertising for film contest for an AvA event  :neener:

ya man...I thought the vid was great...one of the best I have seen....

just makes me get excited for the new update...I cant see them redoing the terrain...water...and NOT fix the explosions and smoke/fire. :pray

I hope F77 didnt take my words as an insult to his vid :(

Offline F77

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2014, 05:36:08 PM »
No not at all... ironically I was going to try and retake the HQ hit, but they'd just updated the terrain.  With the updated terrain the bomb misses by a mile and nothing exploded.  Please note the bomb _was_ dropped from 30,000 ft... so I was chuffed I got it as close as I did.  Attempts to refilm it offline resulted in various crashes of the PC, so I had to settle for what I had!

Offline F77

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2014, 05:38:14 PM »
I save all my shots so it's not beyond the realms of possibility of remaking it, since the film viewer is simple the virtual world rebuilt in a window.  Have you noticed that no two weapon hits are ever the same in the film viewer? 

Offline F77

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2014, 05:41:57 PM »

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2014, 06:04:30 PM »
cheers, I love those engines roaring past!

That was a very simple bit of footage to add sounds to. Yours would be more work with all the different scenes but man would it sound awesome. I'm imagining explosions for the ack bursts and roaring merlins.

Also, how did you get the camera to shake when the ack burst went off? That was so perfect.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline F77

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2014, 06:22:19 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N78E0-5aGfU  This is one I did with all the ingame sounds added.  It was hard work!

As for the camera shake, I admit that I asked someone who is the master of it in here, and realised I could refine it for the vibration from the ack exploding.  But thank you :)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2014, 06:40:04 PM »
I remember watching that before, jam packed with all the best action of the game, and by that I mostly mean mosquito kills

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2014, 08:41:38 PM »
Holst was a GREAT choice for composition +1

Offline amulford

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2014, 03:21:26 PM »
Excellent work!  The timing of the film with Holst's Mars in the first film was excellent!  The camera work was outstanding also!

great story line, very followable.  Great work. :aok
StraBult - FSO C/O ClaimJumpers

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2014, 05:47:49 PM »
excellent job :aok
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.