Author Topic: saiteks new stick  (Read 4615 times)

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: saiteks new stick
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2014, 03:53:16 PM »
The split throttle can be locked to make one throttle. The tension(resistance) is adjustable and there are switches and toggles on the base and 2 wheels with buttons in the center, llie the X52 throttles, and multiple other switches and buttons on the throttle also. There are many more programmable options on this thing than most people would use flyin AH2 :)

Heard from somebody the switches on the throttle are only momentary... You do have to hold them down?
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2014, 04:43:11 PM »
They act like any other switches in game, like pressing a button. They don't stay in an on or off position, they don't need to. I think that they are toggle like so that they're easily reachable.You can reach a good number of them with a thumb or finger, without taking your hand off the throttle.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2014, 07:48:14 PM »
They act like any other switches in game, like pressing a button. They don't stay in an on or off position, they don't need to. I think that they are toggle like so that they're easily reachable.You can reach a good number of them with a thumb or finger, without taking your hand off the throttle.
Ah. So they act as buttons. Thanks Copprhed.  :cheers:
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2014, 09:32:10 PM »
Is this a twisty stick?

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2014, 07:41:25 AM »
Yes it is, if you like.

It goes on sale tomorrow in the Netherlands....

Doubtful to get one.... Just want the throttle .... :devil
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2014, 07:52:02 AM »
It has a twisty just like the X52
Yesterday the throttle was either off or full on this was fixed by going into settings and setting it to default.
Today cannot get gvs out of first gear no solution yet.
The toggle switches work just like a button although sw1 is a little too close to the throttle and my watch catches on it.
I've been able to program zoom toggle and flaps to sliders on the throttle.  Was never able to do that on old stick.
The unit is heavier than old X52 and doesn't seem to require suction cups on the bottom to keep it from sliding on the desk.
Right out of the box it worked with windows seven.
The three hats switches on the throttle seem to work smoother and were easy to program
The controls are a little stiffer but very smooth.
Overall quality appears to be good and what you would expect from a product of this price.
AkCaine

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2014, 08:17:16 AM »
The split throttle can be locked to make one throttle. The tension(resistance) is adjustable and there are switches and toggles on the base and 2 wheels with buttons in the center, llie the X52 throttles, and multiple other switches and buttons on the throttle also. There are many more programmable options on this thing than most people would use flyin AH2 :)

Coppr,

can you describe "heaviness" on the throttle for me? I run a X45 throttle on the easiest resistance I could adjust without releasing the spring / screw inside.

If I snip my finger at it it moves. Is the 55 supersoft, soft medium or hard to move around? At softest setting?
Can you adjust each lever independently or only both ?

The throttle is asymmetric shaped. If you put one lever full up and want to keep going up and down on the other, does it compromise your freedom of movement or gets in the way?

Thx a lot in advance!
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2014, 01:57:20 AM »
is the trigger a two step like in the x52?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2014, 03:15:44 AM »
Barkhorn, the throttle can be either two or one. There's a pin that you move in or out to lock them together. They move easily, at lowest tension, you can lean the throttle back or forward and they will move to it.
No, the trigger is single stage, my only complaint so far.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2014, 12:31:54 PM »
It has a twisty just like the X52
Yesterday the throttle was either off or full on this was fixed by going into settings and setting it to default.
Today cannot get gvs out of first gear no solution yet.
The toggle switches work just like a button although sw1 is a little too close to the throttle and my watch catches on it.
I've been able to program zoom toggle and flaps to sliders on the throttle.  Was never able to do that on old stick.
The unit is heavier than old X52 and doesn't seem to require suction cups on the bottom to keep it from sliding on the desk.
Right out of the box it worked with windows seven.
The three hats switches on the throttle seem to work smoother and were easy to program
The controls are a little stiffer but very smooth.
Overall quality appears to be good and what you would expect from a product of this price.

GVS won't come out of first if the game see any type of turn. If you twist a bit it will not shift.  Try increasing the dead band for the twist.

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2014, 01:35:27 PM »

GVS won't come out of first if the game see any type of turn. If you twist a bit it will not shift.  Try increasing the dead band for the twist.
Problem was solved by re- calibrating stick
AkCaine

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2014, 04:32:19 PM »
Problem was solved by re- calibrating stick

Recalibrating may have solved the problem but as fugi has said you might want to increase the deadpan for the twist axis.  This will increase the centering of the stick and will help stop any little twist inputs that can "stick" the GV in gear.

Presonally I setup a 4 way hat and a shift button,this lets me work it like the keyboard ASWD comands and my JS only works the gun. I know everyone likes things "their" way and dont have a problem with that at all.

Since my warthog throttle went Kaput,I was thinking of getting a X55 for the throttle,I really liked the throttle for the X52,but I think I'll wait to hear how things go for the guys who already own X55's!

Cane I saw you in the TA and was going to ask about your stick but was too busy at the time,maybe next time you can fill me in on it!

:salute

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2014, 05:51:12 AM »
Latest on X55:
The X axis, controlling  the ailerons, has gone completely dead. I have a repair ticket in with Saitek, so we'll see what's up. This is rather surprising, to say the least. :mad:

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2014, 06:12:37 AM »
Latest on X55:
The X axis, controlling  the ailerons, has gone completely dead. I have a repair ticket in with Saitek, so we'll see what's up. This is rather surprising, to say the least. :mad:

lol... I am leaning back towards to FBM again...
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline Jarski

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2014, 03:00:55 PM »
Cancelled my order today. I managed to convince myself that I will not need  new stick now that my x52pro is working well.

I will use the money into RC batteries instead...  :angel:
Flare to land , squat to pee..