Author Topic: I wish most wishes...  (Read 634 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
I wish most wishes...
« on: February 12, 2014, 04:50:17 PM »
Posted in the wishlist were not to take away somthing from the game, but add to the game instead.

Alas, probably not going to happen, too many here would rather take away from what others enjoy.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
Re: I wish most wishes...
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 05:10:07 PM »
Posted in the wishlist were not to take away something from the game, but add to the game instead.

Alas, probably not going to happen, too many here would rather take away from what others enjoy.

In my opinion there are too many general comments like this (not trying to poke or insult, just a general statement).  That say "something is wrong here" but don't list a way of how to fix it, or suggest anything.  They wait for someone else to make a suggestion, and if they don't agree with it, many bash that person.  When they didn't even come up with an idea in the first place!

So, what exactly is wrong, and what do you want to do to fix it?

:headscratch:
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline 9thAFE

• Copper Member
      • 8th AAF Squadron Website
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 09:15:46 AM »
Well in that regard I would say maybe separate out the Wishlist with additional tabs. Wishlist Additions, Wishlist Subtractions, Wishlist Changes/General.
How about that?
8thBuff (CO)  8th AAF  "The Mighty 8th"  Squadron

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 10:49:38 AM »
So, what exactly is wrong, and what do you want to do to fix it?

:headscratch:
what we have here is a failure to communicate... i would say everyone needs a bacon cheddar burger wrapped in bacon then topped with a strip of bacon.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 11:12:15 AM »
what we have here is a failure to communicate... i would say everyone needs a bacon cheddar burger wrapped in bacon then topped with a strip of bacon.

tinkles is right.  the op didnt even give a hint that anything was wrong with the wishlist other than making a general statement that the op wants to get rid of those wishes "that take something away from the game".

not even sure what that means but he sure wants to "take it away".  so in effect zoney wishes  to take something away from the game, 

ironic isnt it?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 11:20:02 AM »
Posted in the wishlist were not to take away somthing from the game, but add to the game instead.

I wish they'd remove the 88 and 5" soft guns.   :bhead

Then add them back when I defend a base  :D
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 11:23:34 AM »
tinkles is right.  the op didnt even give a hint that anything was wrong with the wishlist other than making a general statement that the op wants to get rid of those wishes "that take something away from the game".

not even sure what that means but he sure wants to "take it away".  so in effect zoney wishes  to take something away from the game, 

ironic isnt it?

semp
no, it's not ironic, he isn't wanting to take anything away from the game, just the bbs which isn't a part of the game.
jarhed  

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 11:30:03 AM »
To clarify, there are very few wishes I can agree with if the wish involves taking something away that makes players happy, that they enjoy doing.

Example:

Take away the 262

Take away a players ability to choose fighter or attack when he launches.

Perking ords to limit what you can carry without paying a penalty.

In general my wish is for us as players to respect each other and respect how each of us should have choices how we play.  Our attitudes have a positive or a negative influence on this great game.  I would never expect everyone to be on board but if we as players were more forgiving, more kind in how we treat each other, at the very least we might begin to move the needle on the "attitude guage" to the positive.

I have certainly noticed that if I ignore what I tend to dislike, it effects how happy I am while playing very little.
If you focus on negativity, that is what you will find.
If you focus on the positive, that's what you will find.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 11:40:09 AM »
I agree with the 262 thing, but I do think that either a perked ordnance system, or an overhaul of the entire ordnance system itself is needed.

Consider the 190F-8 as a case in point. Should it receive an ordnance update, and HTC continue with their method of allowing rare/unhistorical ordnance combinations, provided it was physically possible to do so (as in rockets didn't occupy space for a hardpoint, or drop tanks using the same hardpoint as bombs, etc), the 190F-8 could theoretically carry the 1000kg SC bomb, as well as two 250kg bombs on the wings, despite such a loadout never having been carried.

Or the P-38, and its 2x 2000kg bombs. They would be rather..... unbalancing, if left uncontrolled.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 11:48:18 AM »
no, it's not ironic, he isn't wanting to take anything away from the game, just the bbs which isn't a part of the game.

really you dont see it?  if I cant wish for example the warping of drones in buffs in the bb since I cant make a wish to take something away since some buff drivers enjoy it, how would that take something away from the game?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 12:39:20 PM »
really you dont see it?  if I cant wish for example the warping of drones in buffs in the bb since I cant make a wish to take something away since some buff drivers enjoy it, how would that take something away from the game?

semp
you might want to go see a doctor for that condition.  :D

the example you used is a technical problem that should be addressed in the bugs section or tech support section, not the wishlist.
jarhed  

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 02:03:50 PM »
To clarify, there are very few wishes I can agree with if the wish involves taking something away that makes players happy, that they enjoy doing.

Example:

Take away the 262

Take away a players ability to choose fighter or attack when he launches.

Perking ords to limit what you can carry without paying a penalty.

In general my wish is for us as players to respect each other and respect how each of us should have choices how we play.  Our attitudes have a positive or a negative influence on this great game.  I would never expect everyone to be on board but if we as players were more forgiving, more kind in how we treat each other, at the very least we might begin to move the needle on the "attitude guage" to the positive.

I have certainly noticed that if I ignore what I tend to dislike, it effects how happy I am while playing very little.
If you focus on negativity, that is what you will find.
If you focus on the positive, that's what you will find.

Taking away the 262 is a joke thread.  Like Krabby's unperk the Panzer F and a few others that have shown up recently :)

I only wanted to perk ordinance for loadouts that were historically rare for particular planes. My example in my 2nd post was if the P38 normally carried 500 lbers but sometimes carried 1000lbers for rare missions, then 1000lbers for the p38 would have a slight perk price. Since we get unlimited lives and can learn from our mistakes; I figured that a small price for having a rare loadout was fine.

I agree on the latter 2 paragraphs, many get caught up in the moment and get.. emotional here on the BBS and in-game.  :(

I see your concern though, you view it as limitations in a sandbox, I see where you are coming from.  That wasn't my intention for my wish. If you want I can explain it in further detail, just ask  :aok

:salute
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2014, 03:56:49 PM »
If the wish isn't for new hardware or modifications to existing functionalities', then the wish is for Hitech to punish the majority to force them to modify how they play the game. And the problem with that, is the wisher in most cases would never agree to having their wish to restrict paying customers fun, be posted up as the MOTD so "everyone" knows what that player thinks of them.

Only a very tiny number of active players post in these forums. The vast majority of players never see what these posters really think about how horribly the majority is ruining the game for this minority. Sounds like a banana republic when you shine some light on it.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2014, 04:25:03 PM »
Unfortunately Bustr, the majority are pretty dumb, or at the least rather ignorant of WWII. This means they're not making decisions from a fully informed position.

One guy, a member of a squad I used to have a lot of respect for, was absolutely convinced the 110C was up-armored over the 110G (iirc, specifically the engines), and nothing I could say would convince him otherwise. He heard it on the history channel. Sadly, this guy was their resident "luft experten".

Another guy was swearing on a stack of bibles that the 190 should out-turn the 109 (in this particular instance, it was a 109F-4), since "the military channel said it was more maneuverable". I mean this is just dumb on two accounts. First, it assumes the military channel is a reliable source, and second it completely ignores different models of aircraft having different performance.

Yesterday I heard someone talking on range about how our T-34 is incorrect, since he got killed by a Panzer. And as anyone who has heard anything about WWII knows, the T-34's completely owned the Panzer IV. Any Panzer IV. All Panzer IV's. To hear this idiot talk, you'd think the T-34's armor was made out of an alloy of adamantium and mithril, and was armed with the Death Star's super lazer.

Now you just go ahead and tell me that these guys know enough to be deciding what would be good for the game.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 04:26:45 PM by Tank-Ace »
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2014, 04:32:17 PM »
Unfortunately Bustr, the majority are pretty dumb, or at the least rather ignorant of WWII. This means they're not making decisions from a fully informed position.

In game name Jager.

Hitech, for the next 60 days please post this as the MOTD.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.