Author Topic: Squad assignments  (Read 2267 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Squad assignments
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2014, 09:15:17 PM »
FYI 412th FNVG should show 2 Bomber sorties.

Friday December 13th we flew a mix of 10 B-24s remaining P-51Ds.
Friday January 10th we flew a mix of 6 D3A1s remaining Ki-43-IIs.

FWIW we also flew 2 He 111 Transport missions in November 2013.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 09:18:16 PM by Nefarious »
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Swoop73

• Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2014, 09:22:15 PM »
Nice work, Dot.

Not trying to dictate what we fly in the 325th but, jeez.... I've got tinnitus from all the multi engine time.
We have always prided ourselves with manning up and going with what we were assigned but too often in bombers  puts a strain on things.

Actually, one of our squad guys had the idea that it might be fun on an FSO to leave bombers completely out and just go at it with fighter sweeps.

Just an idea....    :-)

"Had to...Had to keep 'em from the bombers"
325th Ace Art Fiedler on why he and 3 other Checkertails
charged into 40 FW 190's over Regensburg, Germany in Jan., 1945.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2014, 10:31:16 PM »
FYI 412th FNVG should show 2 Bomber sorties.

Friday December 13th we flew a mix of 10 B-24s remaining P-51Ds.
Friday January 10th we flew a mix of 6 D3A1s remaining Ki-43-IIs.

FWIW we also flew 2 He 111 Transport missions in November 2013.

My bad. I made the following adjustments to the table data in my previous post, all +1 bomber and -1 fighter:

~~~THE UNFORGIVEN~~~
353rd FG "Slybirds"
364th C-Hawks FG
412th FNVG
Anti-Horde
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 10:33:36 PM by ImADot »
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2014, 10:49:55 PM »

Dec was "Superforts over Fortress Europe"  So All Axis squads go Bomber 0 Fighter 3.

We also resupplied Stalingrad.

And for you allied defenders...JG11 is bringing the heavy iron again tomorrow night... :D  So look sharp!

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline WxMan

• Nickel Member
      • Arabian Knights
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2014, 11:25:51 AM »
Wow...you guys really expect a lot from a CiC. You're asking for a system that has tremendous problems with upkeep.

I've offered a solution a year or so ago when this was brought up before.

Every CiC has to check the Side list each frame to assign squadrons. In this list it has a preference for aircraft for each frame. If every Squad CO at the end of each frame updates its squadron aircraft preference by simply putting "we flew xxx" in frame 1...frame 2...etc, it would save the CiC tons of time of going through the previous logs and it would lessen the chances of getting bombers more frequently than you should.

This puts the responsibility on the Squadron CO's and not the CiC. If a CO can't spare the few minutes to do this, then he and his squad has no room to b*tch.

This is not a perfect solution as there is a chance that you could fly bombers in frame 3 of the previous event and be assigned the same type of aircraft in frame 1 of the next one, but it should reduce the chances dramatically of the flying the same type during a single event.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 01:53:43 PM by WxMan »
AKWxMan
Arabian Knights

"The money you payed earns you nothing. You paid for many hours of entertainment you received, and nothing more." - HiTech

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2014, 11:37:49 AM »
Wow...you guys really expect a lot from a CiC. You're asking for a system that has tremendous problems with upkeep.

I've offered a solution a year or so ago when this was brought up before.

Every CiC has to check the Side list each frame to assign squadrons. In this list it has a preference for aircraft for each frame. If every Squad CO at the end of each frame updates its squadron aircraft preference by simply putting "we flew xxx" in frame 1...frame 2...etc, it would save the CiC tons of time of going through the previous logs and it would lessen the chances of getting bombers more frequently than you should.

This puts the responsibility on the Squadron CO's and not the CiC. If a CO can't spare the few minutes to do this, then he and his squad has no room to b*tch.

This is not a perfect solution as their is a chance that you could fly bombers in frame 3 of the previous event and be assigned the same type of aircraft in frame 1 of the next one, but it should reduce the chances dramatically of the flying the same type during a single event.

:aok - except...currently we are not allowed to update any information at SE site while a operation is currently underway.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline jeffdn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2014, 11:47:13 AM »
I'd be happy to create a small web application to keep track of this stuff, and furthermore, have statistics/data/etc on all players/squads/planes. If the logs are kept in a standard format it would be easy.  

If there is interest from the relevant parties, just drop me a line and we can work out what exactly is needed on the technical side.

:salute

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2014, 02:50:16 PM »
I'd be happy to create a small web application to keep track of this stuff, and furthermore, have statistics/data/etc on all players/squads/planes. If the logs are kept in a standard format it would be easy.  

If there is interest from the relevant parties, just drop me a line and we can work out what exactly is needed on the technical side.

:salute

WTG jeff  :salute
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2014, 11:13:10 PM »
Several good ideas and generous offers in this thread.  Just what I've come to expect from FSO.   :salute

BTW, ImADot, I tallied the last eight frames for the Gun Fighters, and I come up with:  4 bomber   4 fighter

JG11 has Allied C-in-C duty for March, so I'm using your figures.  Thanks!   :cheers:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 11:29:21 PM by Bino »

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs