Author Topic: P51D V Tiffy  (Read 2371 times)

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
Re: P51D V Tiffy
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2014, 03:55:01 PM »

Below is my first comment in this thread....

It was in reply to SAJ73 post, "I don't agree, I am not saying it's a turny plane. But it can be turned with many of the best if you just know how to snap up some E here and there during the fight. It is challenging, but that's the fun part of it I think."

I may not have said it well, but if you read the post you can see where the topic is now about being surprised by a pony that turns to fight. It was mentioned that if flown well it can turn with "many of the best". As I thought we were talking about game play due to relative skill levels and the perceived notion that "ponies can't turn" and well fought pony CAN turn and will surprise a player.

That is the only point I'm looking to make here. Newbs believe that ponies can't turn and so run with them.    

Yes, I believe it was me who brought this whole thread OT by putting a questionmark to the statement that the only thing 51 pilots do is bnz/run..
I was merely saying that this is not all true, not by all 51 pilots. And the reason for that is not because I think the 51 is a better turner than it actually is. But it might very well be a slightly better turner than the vast majority of AH players might think. IF FLOWN by a pilot that knows his P51 bird inside out, and is not afraid to get it slow while fighting a much better turning plane. The 51 will not have a chance to stay in a flat turning fight with a better turning plane, but it has alot of other tricks in the bag that might come as a surprise to some.
So I am under the impression that we are talking about the same things Fugitive.  :salute

To the rest of you..
I don't really care about statistics, graphs and laws of gravity the way you guys have turned this topic. I mean, I am as bound to those laws as anyone. But that is not what I am talking about, that's why you need to know your 51 well, so you don't fly there.. so to speak.
You simply stay in the fight by making your flightpath just as narrow or wide as needed to stay in flight and still stay in the fight. If that makes any sense :old:?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 04:25:35 PM by SAJ73 »
TheStig

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2014, 05:44:42 PM »
And I just hate it when I get the last word in a thread, makes me wonder what I said wrong...  :P

:noid  :bhead  :bolt:

TheStig

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2014, 02:51:50 AM »
And I just hate it when I get the last word in a thread, makes me wonder what I said wrong...  :P

:noid  :bhead  :bolt:

Welcome to the club! Glad to see I'm not the only one killing conversations...
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni