Author Topic: Only 16 players inflight in the MA right now.  (Read 7164 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Only 16 players inflight in the MA right now.
« Reply #225 on: February 22, 2014, 05:18:28 PM »
you registered a year ago and now are whining that the game is gonna be gone soon.  I registered 7 years ago and been hearing the same whine since then.  the game will be over soon  :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry.

I guess the two players left (cant find sarcasm font) are enough to pay the bills for the staff and still plan for an upgrade to the game within two weeks.

semp

I was here in 2008.  I left and came back.  If Warbirds was viable I would still be THERE.  HTC won by default being the last of the Mohicans....

Warbirds already did this.  When I started there it had better numbers than AH has now.  Less than a decade later it is effectively gone.  That which has been is that which shall be...

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #226 on: February 22, 2014, 05:19:28 PM »
Yeah, base grabs in Warbirds were much more fun.  A single -38L could de-ack a small field in one pass.  The smoke billowing up from the dead ack pits was awesome to see.

Here a puffy ack can kill you with one ping at 15k and more than a dozen miles.  Kinda ridiculous.

And ENY kills good fights in off-peak hours.   We had a great furball in tank town.  Even though my squadron was outnumbered 20:3 In our area, ENY took all the rides away and it got boring...   Mass log offs after that from both sides.  Dead arena.

I have to disagree umm Vraciu.. warbirds was nasty.. but the graphics definitely wasn't
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 05:21:37 PM by craz07 »
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #227 on: February 22, 2014, 06:01:33 PM »
I was here in 2008.  I left and came back.  If Warbirds was viable I would still be THERE.  HTC won by default being the last of the Mohicans....

Warbirds already did this.  When I started there it had better numbers than AH has now.  Less than a decade later it is effectively gone.  That which has been is that which shall be...

"It happened to Warbirds! It happened to Warbirds! Warbirds! Warbirds! Warbirds!"   ;)

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #228 on: February 22, 2014, 08:12:26 PM »
Okay, this neatly shows the good and bad of what Aces High is up against in the competition.
The good is obvious, spectacular graphics.
The bad is less obvious-If you listen to the commentary, the guy is clearly saying the 109 was adjusted for "balance" to make things more fair in the latest patch. This is the sort of crap you will never, ever have to worry about from HTC. Hitech and team will do their damndest to model their planes and let "balance" take care of itself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjJIjAhhs4U
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #229 on: February 22, 2014, 09:36:26 PM »

out of curiosity why dont you use your id from 2008?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #230 on: February 22, 2014, 10:44:02 PM »

semp

I like 'Vraciu.'  :D

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #231 on: February 22, 2014, 10:52:10 PM »
I trolled thru half the thread and saw nothing new when it comes to peeps and their critiques and solutions for AH. It was the same stuff in FA. I'll bet its the same stuff in any game that has been around the block a few times.

AH is about ww2 air combat, that in itself can be a limiting factor, note I said can be. You must like the idea of propeller driven aircraft in the first place, advertising or not. This is the modern world, starting to push 100 years since ww2. Todays kids grew up with jets and nuclear ICBM's. Todays schools only teach a minimum of WW2 lore. Todays military use different tactics and teach such.

I once offered some suggestions, to AH, on places to advertise, I was promptly told, who was I to tell HiTech how to operate their business. Not by AH staff mind you but by some forum troll. You just cannot win with some types of peoples.

What is the majority of AH client base? I will hazard a guess, older people the baby boomers, military service men. I state this as a generality, there are young'ins, but they are few. In case no one noticed, there was in the recent past, a world wide economic fiasco, people lost their jobs, homes etc...

New games come out everyday, Android phones are gaming platforms.............the fact that AH is still viable as a game platform says a lot. The fact that its an MMO says a lot. War Blunder, last time I checked, I was a beta tester briefly, is not a true MMO, max server number is what 32? Even if its 64 players, ptuey. I stopped beta testing when I discovered the server numbers, this is the reason the graphics are so good, way fewer real time objects to render, arcade physics.

So stop worrying about the games end, its gonna happen eventually, but not today, or tomorrow, or this year, enjoy and have fun. The community needs to recruit new players. Get your friends and family involved. Instead of looking for fast and furious game play, consider real war tactics and employ them. Change what your game goals are and what your end game is.

How many in this thread stated they still paid for a sub, but rarely play.................play damit! Paying a sub so you can participate in a forum, tsk, tsk, play the dam game again, play even if its only an hour at a time. I could careless about other games as well, BF3, ptuey. WoW, yuk.

I grew up as an Air Force brat, I read all the books before I was 12. I luv ww2 aircraft. Its a great game, only one left like it. I suk at it, I'm a lousy pilot, I cannot hit chit, but as long as I can pay for it, I will play it. Like FA, I will be flying the game the night the plug is pulled.

So get the diddly in game, or you have nothing to say.

Oh and Hitech, loosen up your skin restrictions a bit. Let peeps come up with something other than historical reality, as long as they are quality skins, allow it. The more personal investment a player has in the game, the longer that player will be around.

:salute

ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #232 on: February 22, 2014, 11:03:02 PM »
Need to turn marketing into a pyramid scheme concept. You get a friend to join you get a percentage, if he gets someone you get a percentage of that and so on.  Soon you won't be selling aces high but rather, the opportunity to make cash moneys.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #233 on: February 22, 2014, 11:05:25 PM »
I have to disagree umm Vraciu.. warbirds was nasty.. but the graphics definitely wasn't

WBs had some advantages over this place in graphics.  Don't lie to yourself.

The persistent smoke here is non-existent.   Be real.  <S>
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #234 on: February 22, 2014, 11:06:34 PM »
"It happened to Warbirds! It happened to Fighter Ace! Air Warrior! Warbirds! Aces High!"   ;)

FIFY.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #235 on: February 22, 2014, 11:07:11 PM »

semp

I do.  Might have been 2009.  I forget.  Always been Vraciu in AH best I recall.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 11:22:32 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #236 on: February 22, 2014, 11:08:19 PM »
Oh and Hitech, loosen up your skin restrictions a bit. Let peeps come up with something other than historical reality, as long as they are quality skins, allow it. The more personal investment a player has in the game, the longer that player will be around.

:salute

This is so right on.  I would love to see CONFEDERATE AIR FORCE schemes in here.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #237 on: February 22, 2014, 11:31:18 PM »
Il2 is the competition, not War Blunder I'd say
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #238 on: February 22, 2014, 11:48:14 PM »
Il2 is the competition, not War Blunder I'd say

My teen and pre-teen kids are all over the WT thing.  My oldest still loves AH and WBs but...
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #239 on: February 23, 2014, 04:01:21 AM »
There is no great concern there.  ;)

cool now we can leave in peace, knowning that nothing will be done.