Author Topic: The only two flying Lancs....  (Read 192 times)

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: The only two flying Lancs....
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 10:35:49 AM »
 Sweet and thx for the headsup,the Canadian Lanc is about an hour away and I go see it often,I'll have to be there in early August before it leaves. They do runups and all sorts of stuff with her and for the price of admission you can stand around and watch her all day if you like!

Saddly we lost the old tailgunner who used to come see her last year,he always teared up when she fired up!  The man survived being a tailgunner,I never knew his name and never approached him out of respect but I saw him almost everytime I was there.  Apparently they would call him to tell him they were get the girl ready for a flight to this or that airshow and he was always on hand to watch!

:salute

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 05:52:52 AM »
August misses Duxford and Farnborough though.    :(
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 06:01:56 AM »
I had the pleasure of taking a front to back tour of the Canadian Lancaster a few years ago at the MAAM airshow in Reading Such a beautiful plane....if anyone has a chance to do a walk thru...do it. You wont be disappointed.
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.