Author Topic: Final Scores for February FSO "Tunisia - December 1942"  (Read 502 times)

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
Final Scores for February FSO "Tunisia - December 1942"
« on: February 23, 2014, 12:25:48 PM »

From the chatter I've read and heard, there were lots of hard-fought battles this month.  I hope that most of you had fun for most of the frames.   :salute

For the numerically inclined, here is a Zip archive which contains the spreadsheets I used to calculate the results:

http://kenshelby.us/fso-2014-02/tunisia-scores.zip

Thank you to everyone who flies FSO!

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline Trainee

• Copper Member
Re: Final Scores for February FSO "Tunisia - December 1942"
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 01:07:08 PM »
Thank you sir.   :salute
Trainee
~~~THE UNFORGIVEN~~~
"Step aside Butch..."

Offline snakeplissken

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 10:15:49 PM »
 :salute Boss Man.  For those that can't see behind the Green Curtain, you have no idea how much blood, sweat and tears the Admins put into a design.  Personally, I have seen and respect their efforts.  Cya next month!
The Unforgiven motto: Quid posset ire iniuriam

Offline HARDLIQR

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 09:19:58 PM »
I love the spread sheets! Thank You for all your work Sir! <S>

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 05:16:00 AM »
I love the spread sheets! Thank You for all your work Sir! <S>

You are very welcome.  After I make them, I spend quite a bit of time comparing the FSO logs and the spreadsheets.  Guess that makes me an "anorak".  So be it.   ;)

Frame One was a far more even fight than the numbers would suggest, IMHO.  But in Frame Two, both sides' attack strikes got mauled.  I'm not totally sure what made the Frame Two defenders so effective on both sides, although I suspect that attackers trying - and failing - to slip in unseen at NOE was the cause.  Frame Three was the most even score of the month.  There were remarkably few "friendly fire" incidents this month, only three, and they all happened during Frame Two.  I was a little surprised that not one of the C-in-C's chose to assign any fighter-bombers at all.  The only planes to carry ordnance in all the frames were bombers.

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs