Author Topic: Side Switch Penalty and EMI Off Peak -- Something's Gotta Give  (Read 6564 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Side Switch Penalty and EMI Off Peak -- Something's Gotta Give
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2014, 04:25:19 PM »
quote on my own quote--if you all remember the reason they switched to 12hr rule is because of the winers complaining about people switching just to get the points from a country winning the warz.you guys may remember that.

NOBODY IS WINNING A WAR AT 0300 USA TIME WITH ONLY 35 PLAYERS.

SHEESH.

As I suggested, as numbers drop or EMI crashes, shorten the switch penalty--at a minimum during off peak hours...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 04:26:50 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2014, 04:25:40 PM »
you can do a search on country/side switch--and people have been talking about this subject as far back as 2000..did you know that dejavu used to be an  ak?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 05:03:42 PM by lunatic1 »
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2014, 04:34:45 PM »

NOBODY IS WINNING A WAR AT 0300 USA TIME WITH ONLY 35 PLAYERS.

SHEESH.

As I suggested, as numbers drop or EMI crashes, shorten the switch penalty at a minimum during off peak hours...
i don't think they can put in a timer for side switching.and this side switching topic has been ongoing since 2000...i don't think it's going to change...and i do feel kinda bad that people can't find what they want--in their time frame
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2014, 04:46:19 PM »
Lunatic

you are wrong.....

find me one quote from Hitech or Skuzzy or anyone...from HTC

that says what you are saying.....

the only quote you will find is when Hitech (I believe) said it was 12 hrs before when it was one arena when the 2 arenas split...when they went back to the one arena they didn't switch it back at the same time it was an "oversight"......they went BACK to 12 hours because thats the way it WAS....

it had ZERO to do with people whining.

I will admit I am wrong if you can provide one quote otherwise.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2014, 04:57:10 PM »
Lunatic

you are wrong.....

find me one quote from Hitech or Skuzzy or anyone...from HTC

that says what you are saying.....

the only quote you will find is when Hitech (I believe) said it was 12 hrs before when it was one arena when the 2 arenas split...when they went back to the one arena they didn't switch it back at the same time it was an "oversight"......they went BACK to 12 hours because thats the way it WAS....

it had ZERO to do with people whining.

I will admit I am wrong if you can provide one quote otherwise.
ok i am wrong--you have been here alot longer than me,so you would know...and i aplogize to VRACIU if i upset you--but i don't think they will ever change the 12 hour rule

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2014, 05:21:35 PM »
Last night the numbers crashed and all the people flying were on one side, for the most part.  Again, localized fights were heavily influenced by EMI and not for the benefit of our furball.  Then that died and some of us wanted to switch sides in order to actually find a fight, even with each other, but we couldn't.  

The map was way too big for the players online.  

We couldn't switch to balance it out and find a fight.

People gave up and went to bed.

Can we not shorten the side switch penalty in off-peak to 90-minutes or something????   Chain it to numbers or EMI.     Something...

EMI?  Sounds like all you need is a good ground wire.  :)

p.s. -  the 12 hour rule sux.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2014, 05:34:47 PM »
ok i am wrong--you have been here alot longer than me,so you would know...and i aplogize to VRACIU if i upset you--but i don't think they will ever change the 12 hour rule

:cheers:  :salute No apology required.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2014, 05:41:45 PM »
I say switch it back to 1 hour, nothing was wrong with it to begin with. Like the famous saying goes "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"  :aok

++++++A gazillion
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2014, 05:48:07 PM »

One of the main reasons for the time limits was to prevent players from jumping back and forward to the enemy side, look at the radar, listen to the buff pilots and then jump back and bounce the bombers en route to a target or slap down a C47 in field defence.
No one does this and even if they tried to do so regularly, the one hour limit would make it very hit and miss. And you can already "spy" with shades and/or friends on the other side anyway. Here's a genius idea: Make your objective dependent on FINDING a flippin' fight instead of avoiding a fight and "spyz" won't be able to do anything to you.

No time limits can also mean jumping back and forth to see what the enemy radar situation is like.  Wouldn't you like to know if their radar is down without having to fly all the way over there and look?
Or you could just look at the flippin' map and see what enemy radar circles on the map are red instead of white.  :ahand

Anything less than an hour will mean buff missions as in jepardy because that's about how long an organised attack takes to complete.

If your plan is to waste more than an hour of your precious lifespan on a buff mission, the guy who shoots you down is doing you a favor. Go outside, pet a dog, or if you stay in the game at least you might grab a beer and up a fighter to get your revenge on the bastage.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 05:50:44 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2014, 06:13:10 PM »
quote on my own quote--if you all remember the reason they switched to 12hr rule is because of the winers complaining about people switching just to get the points from a country winning the warz.you guys may remember that.
well in MW the switch time is still 1 hour but you dont get perks for a win unless your on that side for atleast 12 hours so why cant it be the same in LW its already in the MW arena
G3-MF

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2014, 07:02:39 PM »
No time limits can also mean jumping back and forth to see what the enemy radar situation is like.  Wouldn't you like to know if their radar is down without having to fly all the way over there and look?

:rolleyes:

you can just look at the map and see if their radar is down.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2014, 07:25:07 PM »
No one does this and even if they tried to do so regularly, the one hour limit would make it very hit and miss.

Wrong. I believe the squirrels caught a guy doing this once. I know there was frequently an NOE Tempest that would catch Lancaster bombers just after takeoff, but now that same guy has disappeared off the roster. He was only after rank, but you can still see how many people do that same thing even with a 12 hour rule. I am not going to describe what they are doing now, but it's just as bad.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2014, 07:32:41 PM »
One hour causes too much whining.. How about four?
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2014, 07:45:08 PM »
I've never understood the logic behind the claim: "map is too big to find a fight"... Size of the map is irrelevant.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2014, 08:18:42 PM »
I've never understood the logic behind the claim: "map is too big to find a fight"... Size of the map is irrelevant.

Bull.

When you only have four players in flight on the opposing side and they are scattered all over the map doing gawd knows what...  You aren't finding any fights.    You are chasing lone wolves that you never find.

It is stupid, unproductive, and boring.

Meanwhile, I have ten guys on one side, some of whom are willing to side switch in order to fight those who remain, but  because of an arbitrary time limit that causes more problems than it solves they're stuck.   Snooze fest.
Meh.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 08:21:03 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned