Author Topic: Sick Puppy Custom Sounds  (Read 20600 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Sick Puppy Custom Sounds
« Reply #135 on: April 30, 2014, 09:33:54 PM »
really nice challenge.  I love the pony engine sounds.  It sounds just like I remember it from the chino air shows.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Warmongo

• Copper Member
« Reply #136 on: May 02, 2014, 01:41:44 PM »
To be honest on board sound has really gotten better than it used to be. For example the only reason I use a external DAC for headphones is due to impedance issues. VIA and realtek chips have come along way with 108db SNR on my VIA chip for example. Most sound cards are actually worse than onboard (cough the ones that say "gaming" on them). For example I had a creative 3d recon soundcard and not only did it color the sound way to much it had a LOWER SNR than my on board. it has a 98 db SNR compared to my onboards 108 db. Needless to say a promptly took that crap back. Really if you want a sound card you need to buy a slightly older on that works over PCI rather than PCIe as PCIe for some reason always have sound buffer sync issues and on overclocked systems its really bad. External DAC or onboard is the only way you should use sound for headphones a PC, modern soundcards are junk.

I have that problem with my OC'd system. It's an ASUS P9X79 Deluxe. It happens both with the card that came with it and with the Sound Blaster Z. It slows down my computer when a new sound is loaded, then its OK. I notice it more in Aces High than with any other game. Intel I7 3930K OC'ed to 4.2 mhz, SSD for W7 64bit, 32 gigs ram, GTX690 card. No more PCI slots, all PCIe. What can I do? :headscratch:

Offline Warmongo

• Copper Member
« Reply #137 on: May 02, 2014, 01:50:47 PM »
Also wonder if anyone has tried using the HDMI output from the video card and the other sound card for the microphone. I am not trying to hijack the thread, so tell me and I will shut up..heheh.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #138 on: May 02, 2014, 06:39:42 PM »
You have a Z? Use the Z. If you want to move the microphone to another device then I would get an external interface. Not a USB headphone, but a full blown external interface. This will keep latency and CPU load to a minimum.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Warmongo

• Copper Member
« Reply #139 on: May 03, 2014, 03:34:06 PM »
You have a Z? Use the Z. If you want to move the microphone to another device then I would get an external interface. Not a USB headphone, but a full blown external interface. This will keep latency and CPU load to a minimum.
:aok :salute

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #140 on: May 08, 2014, 06:23:18 PM »
really nice challenge.  I love the pony engine sounds.  It sounds just like I remember it from the chino air shows.

semp

Thank you. While working on the P-47 I came upon another way of creating the cooler whistles, so the Mustang will be even better when I update the Jugs.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #141 on: June 10, 2014, 10:11:23 PM »
It sounds like your soundpack was made using kitchen pots and pans.  :lol

Kinda funny but it is my new sound pack.

:cheers:
Top Gun

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: June 11, 2014, 02:30:40 AM »
Really? Give ma an example, please.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #143 on: June 11, 2014, 07:16:20 AM »
It sounds like your soundpack was made using kitchen pots and pans.  :lol

Kinda funny but it is my new sound pack.

:cheers:

You could always try to do better but you would rather talk down on other peoples work instead.

Classy
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: June 11, 2014, 07:43:35 AM »
Really? Give ma an example, please.

Blow something up.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #145 on: June 11, 2014, 10:35:35 AM »
Oh! You mean the explosions? I have about five-hundred different mixes, including one that sounded a little too gross (like blood and body parts splattering). One of my squad guys asked how it was made and would not stop laughing once I told him it was a combination of watermelon, slushy ice, and mud. There is a more subtle version of it in one of the folders, but it really is tame compared to the original.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: June 11, 2014, 01:28:14 PM »
I personally love the pots and pans, it's one of the only reasons I try to get pilot kills ;)

:D
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #147 on: June 12, 2014, 04:28:06 AM »
You could always try to do better but you would rather talk down on other peoples work instead.

Classy

I installed the pack. . .and I am still using the pack.

I have four different sound packs on my computer for this game. I just simply said it sounds like it was made in
a kitchen and that I think it is funny.

You my friend are a bit grumpy.
Top Gun

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #148 on: June 12, 2014, 08:02:49 AM »
It's not worth getting upset about it. It's actually a camping cookware set, dog tins, empty paint bucket (and so on) tossed on the garage floor. Personally I prefer the dirt and wood ash falling onto paper for the effect of displaced soil. I think I said before there is a lot of work involved.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #149 on: June 12, 2014, 10:34:52 AM »
I installed the pack. . .and I am still using the pack.

I have four different sound packs on my computer for this game. I just simply said it sounds like it was made in
a kitchen and that I think it is funny.

You my friend are a bit grumpy.

You came off as a hostile, if that was not your intention then I apologize.
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"