Author Topic: Will winter ever end?  (Read 1121 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: Will winter ever end?
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2014, 02:46:17 PM »
It's 40 right now and I'm about to take the cover off my motorcycle and go for a ride.

365 days of riding per year for me living here in Phoenix.  I will have lived here for fourty years now this summer.  more than half the time I have not owned a car, just a motorcycle. Oh, and, Honda rulez !  New bike shoud be here in 6 weeks.  This will be bike #49 for me that I have owned, ridden, and loved.  No, I don't still have them all  :cry
Wag more, bark less.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2014, 02:54:51 PM »
365 days of riding per year for me living here in Phoenix.  I will have lived here for fourty years now this summer.  more than half the time I have not owned a car, just a motorcycle. Oh, and, Honda rulez !  New bike shoud be here in 6 weeks.  This will be bike #49 for me that I have owned, ridden, and loved.  No, I don't still have them all  :cry

Phoenix was nice when I was out there :aok

I lived an hour south in Casa Grande.

I had a blast on those straight roads in my Challenger :rock

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2014, 03:10:26 PM »
365 days of riding per year for me living here in Phoenix.  I will have lived here for fourty years now this summer.  more than half the time I have not owned a car, just a motorcycle. Oh, and, Honda rulez !  New bike shoud be here in 6 weeks.  This will be bike #49 for me that I have owned, ridden, and loved.  No, I don't still have them all  :cry

I like Honda but when it comes to sport-touring Kawasaki blows them out of the water. The Yamaha FJR comes a little closer but none of them have the power or spunk of the concours. Also since it's basically a ZX14 motor with shaft drive instead of chain drive you have lots of aftermarket options.

There's one guy on the Concours Owners Group that changed out his cylinders with ZX14 cylinders (higher compression) changed some of the gearing, and then turboed it. His Connie puts out like 240 at the rear wheel. Just absolute insanity.

pic related, right after I pulled it out of the garage today.

edit: I'd like to change the exhaust into a 4-2 instead of a 4-2-1. According to the dudes in the internets it's worth about 5hp. Then I'll throw a PCV on it and call it done.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 03:12:01 PM by Tupac »
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline DaCoon

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2014, 10:08:39 AM »
supposed to be mid 60's but overcast..........still...... .... :D
AKDaCoon of the Arabian Knights

MA & FSO 😎

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2014, 10:40:52 AM »
I like Honda but when it comes to sport-touring Kawasaki blows them out of the water. The Yamaha FJR comes a little closer but none of them have the power or spunk of the concours. Also since it's basically a ZX14 motor with shaft drive instead of chain drive you have lots of aftermarket options.

There's one guy on the Concours Owners Group that changed out his cylinders with ZX14 cylinders (higher compression) changed some of the gearing, and then turboed it. His Connie puts out like 240 at the rear wheel. Just absolute insanity.

(Image removed from quote.)

pic related, right after I pulled it out of the garage today.

edit: I'd like to change the exhaust into a 4-2 instead of a 4-2-1. According to the dudes in the internets it's worth about 5hp. Then I'll throw a PCV on it and call it done.

Uh, usually you opt for lower compression if you turbo an engine.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2014, 03:07:52 AM »
Turbo's on a bike are barmy. I rode a Holeshot Hayabusa that the owner had spent a gazillion pounds on. It had a supercharger running from the crank and nitrous on the headlight flasher switch. It was utterly unrideable. In first and second a whiff of throttle would spin the back and lift the front simultaneously :eek:

Even with the huge power I had no problem leaving him on a stock CBR 1100xx because he simply could not convert power into forward motion, despite putting in the longest gears that would fit in the box. :rolleyes:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2014, 04:14:13 AM »
Just looked out the window. Its a bloody white out. :rofl
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2014, 10:24:24 AM »
Turbo's on a bike are barmy. I rode a Holeshot Hayabusa that the owner had spent a gazillion pounds on. It had a supercharger running from the crank and nitrous on the headlight flasher switch. It was utterly unrideable. In first and second a whiff of throttle would spin the back and lift the front simultaneously :eek:

Even with the huge power I had no problem leaving him on a stock CBR 1100xx because he simply could not convert power into forward motion, despite putting in the longest gears that would fit in the box. :rolleyes:

Sounds like your friend was a top notch Darwin award candidate.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone