Author Topic: Red icons disappearing  (Read 1775 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Red icons disappearing
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2014, 07:19:39 PM »
Say homersipes,

Have you seen the Custom Arena Error bug thread?
Haven't you been creating Custom Arenas lately?
How have you managed that?

If you can, respond in that ^ thread please.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2014, 07:28:39 PM »
Insert Quote
Say homersipes,

Have you seen the Custom Arena Error bug thread?
Haven't you been creating Custom Arenas lately?
How have you managed that?

If you can, respond in that ^ thread please.
me creating a custom arena  :rofl :rofl not me sir, I can barley change control settings  :lol  I honestly have no clue how to make a custom arena  :headscratch: so nope werent me.  why do you think I have???

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2014, 07:32:17 PM »
My bad. I thought the name on those rooms created were the same as your bbs id.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2014, 07:36:19 PM »
ah gotcha, no worries  :cheers:

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2014, 09:41:28 AM »
on my office computer my icons were a light colors till I mess with the video options....

Skuzzy I am working on sending a film from yesterday... I chased a group of bombers and he was 1.5 to 2.0 from me and the icon just kept disappearing...they weren't near the cross bars either
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2014, 12:47:24 PM »
Take a 109 up, follow bombers around, it happens almost every time. The reason it is frustrating is it happens in between 2.0K and closer on my FE, and often when I'm ascending above & get on top, but trying to stay out of their guns range.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2014, 03:09:52 PM »
I have had this problem since I bought this Acer laptop I'm playing on, and that is a couple of years now. But I have to admit that the last few nights I have played the icons color flickering has been alot more annoying than usual. Infact so much that I even commented it in pure frustration on ch200..  :rolleyes:

I have been told by my squaddies that the problem I got is due to my videocard, and my problems show as random flickering icon colors (both green and red) and also the frps info txt ontop of the game screen is flickering green/grey when this is going on. And as if this is not enough, the dots on the map are so unbelievably tiny I almost need a magnifying glass to see where the dots are. Same when someone uses a mic, the box showing who is using the mic on the map is at 4 pixels or thereabout..  :rolleyes:

On my old Asus laptop I could easily see dots on the map, and there was a solid square over the dot when someone was on their mic.

My current Acer has:

intel HD Graphics 3000 videocard
6 GB DDR3 Memory
intel core i5-2450M
W7
TheStig

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2014, 03:45:59 PM »
I have had this problem since I bought this Acer laptop I'm playing on, and that is a couple of years now. But I have to admit that the last few nights I have played the icons color flickering has been alot more annoying than usual. Infact so much that I even commented it in pure frustration on ch200..  :rolleyes:

I have been told by my squaddies that the problem I got is due to my videocard, and my problems show as random flickering icon colors (both green and red) and also the frps info txt ontop of the game screen is flickering green/grey when this is going on. And as if this is not enough, the dots on the map are so unbelievably tiny I almost need a magnifying glass to see where the dots are. Same when someone uses a mic, the box showing who is using the mic on the map is at 4 pixels or thereabout..  :rolleyes:

On my old Asus laptop I could easily see dots on the map, and there was a solid square over the dot when someone was on their mic.

My current Acer has:

intel HD Graphics 3000 videocard
6 GB DDR3 Memory
intel core i5-2450M
W7

The HD3000 Intel video was meant for notebooks, not laptops.  It is a much older generation that the current 4600 series available.  Check Intel, or Acer for updated video drivers.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2014, 10:52:16 AM »
Take the M16 and follow an air con while zoomed in.  There should be plenty of room in the view for the icon, but none is present.  It happens enough that it should be easily replicated with the M16, but I don't believe that it is 100 percent fool proof.  It could be affected by sunlight, so I will try and record or notice where the sun appears in reference to the missing icon.

Operating System:   Windows 8.1 Enterprise Evaluation, 64-bit
DirectX version:   11.0
GPU processor:      GeForce GTX 465
Driver version:      335.23
Direct3D API version:   11.1
Direct3D feature level:   11_0
CUDA Cores:      352
Core clock:      607 MHz
Shader clock:      1215 MHz
Memory data rate:   3206 MHz
Memory interface:   256-bit
Memory bandwidth:   102.59 GB/s
Total available graphics memory:   4095 MB
Dedicated video memory:   1024 MB GDDR5
System video memory:   0 MB
Shared system memory:   3071 MB

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2014, 08:17:29 PM »
have had this problem since I bought this Acer laptop I'm playing on, and that is a couple of years now. But I have to admit that the last few nights I have played the icons color flickering has been alot more annoying than usual. Infact so much that I even commented it in pure frustration on ch200..  rolleyes

I have been told by my squaddies that the problem I got is due to my videocard, and my problems show as random flickering icon colors (both green and red) and also the frps info txt ontop of the game screen is flickering green/grey when this is going on. And as if this is not enough, the dots on the map are so unbelievably tiny I almost need a magnifying glass to see where the dots are. Same when someone uses a mic, the box showing who is using the mic on the map is at 4 pixels or thereabout..  rolleyes
sounds exactly like what my issue is, but I have figured out that when looking straight forward the icons are red, but when I follow a plane and use my hatswitch as soon as I look in any direction goes grey or whatever color that is.  if I do the damage display or the FPS showing it does the same thing, green then goes to grey.
------------------
Time of this report: 4/29/2014, 21:15:30
       Machine name: VAIO
   Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130531-1504)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Sony Corporation
       System Model: SVE1713ACXB
               BIOS: R0170D6
          Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU 2020M @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
             Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3976MB RAM
          Page File: 1855MB used, 4258MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit Unicode
       Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics
       Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
          Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
           DAC type: Internal
        Device Type: Full Device
         Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0156&SUBSYS_90AC104D&REV_09
     Display Memory: 1664 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 32 MB
      Shared Memory: 1632 MB
       Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
       Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
      Monitor Model: unknown
         Monitor Id: SEC3941
        Native Mode: 1600 x 900(p) (60.002Hz)
        Output Type: Internal
        Driver Name: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumd32,igd10umd32,igd10umd32
Driver File Version: 9.17.0010.2849 (English)
     Driver Version: 9.17.10.2849
        DDI Version: 11
     Feature Levels: 11.0,10.1,10.0,9.3,9.2,9.1
       Driver Model: WDDM 1.2
Graphics Preemption: DMA
 Compute Preemption: Thread group
  Driver Attributes: Final Retail
   Driver Date/Size: 11/12/2012 04:51:41, 12602368 bytes
        WHQL Logo'd: n/a
    WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
  Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-4216-11CF-DC78-A6B0B7C2C435}
          Vendor ID: 0x8086
          Device ID: 0x0156
          SubSys ID: 0x90AC104D
        Revision ID: 0x0009
 Driver Strong Name: oem15.inf:5f63e5348c07185a:iIVBM0:9.17.10.2849:pci\ven_8086&dev_0156&subsys_90ac104d
     Rank Of Driver: 00E00001
        Video Accel:
        DXVA2 Modes: DXVA2_ModeMPEG2_VLD  DXVA2_ModeMPEG2_IDCT  DXVA2_ModeWMV9_IDCT  DXVA2_ModeVC1_IDCT  DXVA2_ModeH264_VLD_NoFGT 
      Deinterlace Caps: n/a
       D3D9 Overlay: Supported
            DXVA-HD: Supported
       DDraw Status: Not Available
         D3D Status: Enabled
         AGP Status: Not Available

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2014, 09:45:57 AM »
You do realize that the Intel video chip only has 32MB of dedicated video RAM?  That does not come close to the minimum requirement for the game.

On top of that, it has allocated 1.5GB of system RAM for use.  This brings your useable system RAM to around 2.5GB.  Aces High can chew through 2GB of system RAM pretty quickly.  So the game and the operating system and the video card are all fighting for the system RAM.

Take a look at your swap space utilization.  Almost 2GB being used.

That is a very resource short computer.  You need to minimize every aspect of the games graphic requirements in order to have any hopes of not experiencing graphic stability issues.  Even then, I do not see that computer ever having enough resources available.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 09:48:12 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2014, 12:08:09 PM »
 :headscratch: :headscratch: confused lol  I am computer stupid when it comes to that stuff.  I mean I play AH with graphics at about half and I get 59-60 fps solid while playing, my old pc would drop frame rates as soon as there were more than about 10 players within icon distance and my icons were normal on that OLD laptop. 

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2014, 12:10:39 PM »
Newer is not necessarily better.

For instance, the power management in the hardware is much more aggressive than it was in older hardware.  Makes it more problematic for real time graphics.

I am sorry, but that system was designed to run Microsoft Office, and that is about it.  It will be problematic.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 12:13:39 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2014, 12:26:56 PM »
So in an A20, I see no icon when looking through the top of the canopy even when plane is not close to a support.  I have an older but ok system with a 7900GS card.  Is it just the way it is or is their any value to filming and sending in what I'm seeing?  I'm used to it and its a small matter, but if its a bug I'm down with helping with info. 
AMAX  in game

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2014, 12:48:53 PM »
You mean, like this (see attachment)?

The problem we have, is we cannot duplicate this, except in planes where there is a problem with the model itself.  We fixed those and those fixes will be in the next update.

If your video card falls below, or is very near, the minimum specs for the game, then you can expect inconsistent behavior.  For instance, a 256MB video card can be easily overwhelmed if you turn up hardly any of the graphic options.

Simple test.  Disable every graphic option (uncheck all the Options->Graphic Detail->Advanced options, and check everything with the word "Disable" in the description in Options->Graphic Detail) in the game, and set the "Maximum Texture Size" to 256 and see what happens.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese