Author Topic: My next monitor buy(S)  (Read 461 times)

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
My next monitor buy(S)
« on: April 25, 2014, 10:31:24 AM »
I wonder what 3 of these would look like in the game... 21:9 ultrawide IPS monitors... and they have "NO" bezel

http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-29UM65-P-ultrawide-monitor
2850 X 1080 on 1 screen???
LawnDart
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 10:33:59 AM by ebfd11 »
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
Re: My next monitor buy(S)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 08:50:19 PM »
I wonder what 3 of these would look like in the game... 21:9 ultrawide IPS monitors... and they have "NO" bezel

http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-29UM65-P-ultrawide-monitor
2850 X 1080 on 1 screen???
LawnDart

How does a slow response work out in the game?
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 10:07:37 PM »
IPS monitors in general are above gaming grade, which translates to higher color quality and greater viewing angles in trade for slower response times. Your choice.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 12:07:01 AM »
I'm using one of these: http://www.viewsonic.com/us/vp2770-led.html

It's frickin awesome.  It does have a slow response rate of 12 ms but it is not noticeable to me.  However, the extra resolution, almost double 1080P, made my 6950 video card the bottleneck and justified me purchasing a GTX770.  Three of these would need some real GPU power....
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 03:09:15 AM »
The problem with response rates is that manufacturers commonly cheat with them. They use different standards of measuring the delays. It's always best to read a review or two of the screen you plan to buy. For gaming input lag is one important test subject. If your screen has a lot of input lag, everything you see on your screen comes back to you on a delay. Imagine moving your mouse on screen to aim - you see where your mouse was a few milliseconds ago, not where it is now in reality or where your enemy is now. This lag often makes the difference between narrowly hitting your enemy or missing him.

For AH input lag is not such a big issue because generally you can't move aim points so fast in it. But for a scissor snapshot it may make a difference already.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 03:11:00 AM by MrRiplEy[H] »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone