Author Topic: which aircraft could we do with some new skins for?  (Read 1909 times)

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: which aircraft could we do with some new skins for?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2014, 10:23:30 AM »
Considering it's been a year..  :noid

Not everyone works as fast as Greebo. I'm sure he has done at least one skin for every plane in game so he has all the templates ready. Most of us also have a lot going on IRL. Not saying Greebo doesn't, but look at me, I work 10 hours a day, sometimes 6 days a week so I don't have a lot of free time to work on skins. It can take me a couple months to get a skin finished.

Offline HornetUK

• Skinner Team
  • Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2014, 01:07:38 PM »
Well greebo does by his own a mission not have 2048 size skins for the all the larger aircaft. I enjoy doing them so I guess that is what I will as I said before
Hornet Paint Shop Skins: Now Ingame  B-29  B-24  B-17     Current Project

Member of the 97th Bomb Group

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2014, 03:59:18 PM »
Hornet, the reference to me was in regard to the JG 77 C.205 skin. I've pm'd Potsnpan about it and he just let me know he isn't intending to skin it, so I will add it to my list. It is a bit off-topic in your thread so if anyone wants to discuss it further I suggest opening a separate thread for it.

As far as your choice of 2048 skins there are plenty of subjects for both C-47s or B-25s that haven't been done yet, although of those two I'd say new B-25 skins are probably going to be more popular. I'll update my skins for both those aircraft in 1024 res but with bump and spec maps when the submission process lets me. Your other possibilities are the G4M which has a limited choice of schemes and doesn't get used much and the Mossie Mk XVI which lacking rivets doesn't offer as much advantage to skinning it in 2048 res.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 04:04:28 PM by Greebo »

Offline HornetUK

• Skinner Team
  • Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2014, 04:22:09 AM »
Yes I know that about the top half of your post I was only referring to the sizes of skins.

I think I will do the 25's then.

I hope the skin update Finction will come soon. I have just released some skins but already after looking at them a few extra time at different angle ect I notice little error, things which just need to be tweaked a tiny bit, most people just would not notice. If my latest go through I will have 18 skins in the game. I think I will need to update all of them to be honest.

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2014, 07:35:05 AM »
How about a pink skin for the TU-2  :bolt:

Offline HornetUK

• Skinner Team
  • Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2014, 11:30:57 PM »
Nice idea but am looking but want to work on a new 2048 skin for aircaft which don't have them