Author Topic: Jumping from gunner position back to pilot puts plane in AutoClimb  (Read 792 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
I fly bombers occasionally, and have noticed now when I jump back to the pilot position my bomber starts climbing pretty steeply and the autospeed autopilot is engaged.  Is this a bug?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Jumping from gunner position back to pilot puts plane in AutoClimb
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 09:46:53 PM »
check your mapping, remember that there is now a "gunners" mode for mapping. You may have auto climb set to which ever button you use to jump to the pilots seat.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 10:04:28 PM »
Thanks Fugi, will check it out.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 01:27:15 AM »
check your mapping, remember that there is now a "gunners" mode for mapping. You may have auto climb set to which ever button you use to jump to the pilots seat.
YUP, could be! It could also be...that now the Auto Pilot modes sort of "TOGGLE" from one mode to the next, when switching? I noticed it a while back...just dont remember exactly how I did it :uhoh Think it was along the lines of...X for level..while in LEVEL.. another press of X went to speed mode and so on... Need to go see if I can validate this..DANG Ole timers  :old: I do know for sure though...that if not in Auto Pilot and you jump to a Gunner or Bombardier Auto Pilot automatically engages, so may be the "Toggle" thing? :uhoh As example..you are in guns on "Level" mode and when you go to another position it goes to the next mode in rotation  :headscratch:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 01:31:17 PM »
Well I checked it, and I use the global keyboard mapped values for jumping between positions - e.g. in a B-25H, "2" jumps you to the tail guns.  "1" jumps me back to the pilot's seat, but also engages the auto climb.  If it was a keyboard mapping issue, I would expect the key press would only do one thing, i.e. either jump back to the pilot's seat OR engage auto climb - but this appears to be doing both.

If I understand correctly - a "global" keyboard mapping will be in effect no matter what mode you are in?

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 04:00:36 PM »
Dont believe so :confused: It is more a "DEFAULT", Mode changes between GUNNER and PILOT and each mode has its own GLOBAL/DEFAULT but I not sure how to even explain WHAT I think it is :uhoh Once you go from auto level, which is the GUNNER, Yes 1 may be global in gunnermode to jump to pilot...but once in pilot it might advance AUTO PILOT sequencing(as mentioned before) to auto climb? I would try disabling the AUTO MODE SWAP, as I have it and never experienced this issue.I dont do many bomber formation flight either though, so ill check also
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 04:15:19 PM »
 :furious Well see,it doesnt work HOW I REMEMBERED :old: I did in reverse all stuff I mentioned and COULDNT get your issue to happen. Checked in B17s and B24s was same. Only "advancing" of Auto pilot was from level,then with Alt X it went straight to Speed -withough going to OFF first. it jumps that old way to the selected auto pilot. I couldnt get the Auto speed to engage unless pressing the speed mode keys. Also, did just wake up..drinking more coffee...might make more sense in a bit  :pray
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 04:37:10 PM by 1stpar3 »

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2018, 04:18:50 PM »
One other thing maybe :uhoh Do you use MOUSE to aim in guns? Just thinking maybe there is a issue between gun modes and pilot mode that uses the mouse somehow? I never used mouse but alot of folk do.. Guess you would have to go through ALL your control maps in every mode :headscratch: When this MODE change took effect, I copied all modes 2,3 and 4 to my Mode 1 settings. All my buttons and key maps were pretty much the same in all modes(Was just mode1 &2 before change). Thus I never experienced any of the issues reported,IE auto pilot not staying on and other random problems(going to bomb sight and dropping bombs).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 04:42:49 PM by 1stpar3 »

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2018, 10:30:40 PM »
Not sure what happened but just not in B-25H I couldn't reproduce the problem - everything seemed normal again.

I don't use a mouse to aim.   Thanks help!

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2018, 04:30:24 PM »
 :aok Gave me something to fuss around with...Like working a puzzle. Glad it sorted itself out  :cheers: