Author Topic: Some 109F4 action with Rudder Pedal view!  (Read 1058 times)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Some 109F4 action with Rudder Pedal view!
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2014, 10:28:49 AM »
Nice video. What type of pedals are those? I thought the pedals had to be pushed down, not slided back and forth like that. I imagine that is probably a bit easier to use than those you need to push down. Never tried pedals myself, but I feel the urge to try a set now after seeing this.  :aok

Do you do your own pedicure by the way Latrobe? lol, just kidding..  :D
Keep up the great work on your videos!  :salute

These are CH Pro Pedals that I use. They are VERY durable. I beat mine up more than I should be and they still work perfectly fine even 5 or so years later.

And yes, I do my own pedicure! Nath is just jealous that his feet aren't as beautiful as mine!  :P :cheers:

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 10:55:24 AM »
Now I get it! I've been doing it wrong all these years. Off with the shoes and socks!
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 12:22:45 PM »
These are CH Pro Pedals that I use. They are VERY durable. I beat mine up more than I should be and they still work perfectly fine even 5 or so years later.

And yes, I do my own pedicure! Nath is just jealous that his feet aren't as beautiful as mine!  :P :cheers:

At least you wear pants this time  :D

CH pedals are very durable. Mine have 8 years now... cleanup once in a while .... works...

Latrobe, I would be interested in your rudder scale, mind posting a screeny of that?

Thx a lot!

The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 12:32:33 PM »
Even partially obscured, your feet are far and away the most formidable fighting weapon any man could possess.  :salute
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 01:12:21 PM »
At least you wear pants this time  :D

CH pedals are very durable. Mine have 8 years now... cleanup once in a while .... works...

Latrobe, I would be interested in your rudder scale, mind posting a screeny of that?

Thx a lot!

I have no scaling at all on any of my controls (rudder or stick). Never have, and probably never will. I've just become so used to no scaling at all that I know what input I need in any given situation.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2014, 02:12:47 PM »
Nice video. What type of pedals are those? I thought the pedals had to be pushed down, not slided back and forth like that. I imagine that is probably a bit easier to use than those you need to push down. Never tried pedals myself, but I feel the urge to try a set now after seeing this.  :aok

Do you do your own pedicure by the way Latrobe? lol, just kidding..  :D
Keep up the great work on your videos!  :salute

you should get peds.... :aok

the great thing about them and what makes them far above a twisty is you only apply rudder when you want to....a twisty will always input some sort of rudder input(unless you increased the dead band)
they separate the controls of the plane...allowing you to fly much more intuitively....IE applying rudder and not worrying about aileron or elevator inputs...and vice verse...

they will double your hit% (once you get used to them of course)

I would not fly again until I got a new pair of rudders if mine broke.

Saitek normally I would say avoid....but there pro peddles are great :aok well worth the price and wider then the CH peds....

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2014, 02:21:54 PM »

Saitek normally I would say avoid....but there pro peddles are great :aok well worth the price and wider then the CH peds....

I think I've said this before but I'll say it again because it's true. CH pedals are frickin durable! They will last you FORVER! I literally beat mine up (not use them aggressively, but quite literally beat the crap out of them when I'm frustrated with myself) and they have lasted me over 5 years or so now!

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2014, 02:25:10 PM »
I think I've said this before but I'll say it again because it's true. CH pedals are frickin durable! They will last you FORVER! I literally beat mine up (not use them aggressively, but quite literally beat the crap out of them when I'm frustrated with myself) and they have lasted me over 5 years or so now!

I believe you :aok I love my CH fighter stick, but for the guys with huge nuts such as myself.... we need the wider stance of the Saitek peds..... :D

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2014, 07:13:53 AM »
I believe you :aok I love my CH fighter stick, but for the guys with huge nuts such as myself.... we need the wider stance of the Saitek peds..... :D

Used CH pedals and Fighterstick since 2006...

Did purchase a TM |Warthog 3 weeks ago as my throttle died on me ( Saitek  :bhead :bhead ) and you can't get a decent dual throttle anywhere without a stick. :furious

To be honest, I miss the low forces I was used to on the fighterstick but the warthogs precision ( allthough it's a freakn workout ) is uncanny...... Still have the CH and wonder what to do with it LOL
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn