Author Topic: Pilot looking for Luftwaffe Squad  (Read 866 times)

Offline Les Paul

• Zinc Member
Pilot looking for Luftwaffe Squad
« on: March 20, 2014, 02:12:00 PM »
Hello Aces High Community. I am a current pilot for the Bishops looking for a German Luftwaffe Squad.

My main rides are the 109F4 as my primary fighter/interceptor. 109G2 for Attack/Bomber Hunting. I also occasionally like the 190A5 if I am looking to do some relaxing BnZ or Bomber Hunting, with the F8 reserved for CV attacks (Great plane for that).  I would say my pilot skills and situational awareness are better than your average players, however my gunnery is lack luster which is why I have been focusing on the 109 series over the 190 series. I just find it to easy to rip any plane apart in the 190 and have plenty of ammo for the next, whereas the 109F's MGs are useless so you have to get practiced at getting a good solid burst on enemy planes (Rather then a single ping like the A5). Also, I just think the 109 is a much better plane for an aggressive "E Fighter" approach (If I can get my gunnery skills up)... And it's the sexiest plane out there.

My in game name is LesPaul, and you would probably be better off contacting me in game then on the forums. But I will check back here occasionally, so feel free to post.

I am 23 years old, I have a VOX, and am looking for casual, yet coordinated play.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 02:32:26 PM by Les Paul »

Offline cotaylor

• Copper Member
      • 19th Bombardment Group
Re: Pilot looking for Luftwaffe Squad
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 08:57:56 PM »
JG11 & JG54 are top notch squads.
Ill drop my own squad in the mix, though we're not directly Luftwaffe, 90% of our embodiment is active or prior military and run ops by the book.
Many of our sticks sticks fly the 109, 190 & 152. I run the heavies and typically grab a 110, 111, 234, Ju 88, Stuka & 410 whenever possible.

Its a known fact that if ever someone in the MA spots an "SW" strike, they call it out and alert scramble across the country in attempt to halt the turning point of the war.

Good Luck & Happy Hunting.    <S>
19taylor
CO - 19th Bombardment Group "Crazy Eyeballs"
http://19thbg.com

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 10:34:34 PM »
Hi LesPaul, I'm CO for Kommando Nowotny in the MA and Lachender Teufelskopf Gruppe in FSO.  Hop onto Vox 209 in the MA, there you'll find members of Kommando Nowotny, Jg 5, and Jg 53, we all fly under the Lachander Teufelskopf Gruppe in FSO. We are Luftwaffe squads, with members who play in a more casual manner vs. Jg 11 (who is very structured). I personally do not fly in the MA often, but My preferred ride in the 109F, as it is with many members of those MA squads on channel 209. Fighter sorties are the large majority of what we do, but we have members who do the base taking game, as well as the occasional GV mission.

:cheers:

Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Rogue9Volt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 10:42:21 PM »
JG 5 is good, as are the rest of the squads mentioned.  Hope to see you in Red!  :rock
InGame:  SW9volt

-Born To Lose, Live To Win-
Recruiting Officer,125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 01:14:05 AM »
I have flown with or against all the German squads listed above. I can vouch for each one of them that any of them are a great choice to go with.  :aok :salute

Good luck Les Paul!  :salute :cheers:

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 01:37:05 AM »
Kommando Nowotny, JG11, JG53, JG54.
All good squads with lots of good faces to hang out with.
 :aok
AoM
City of ice

Offline Les Paul

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 09:19:47 AM »
It appears I chose the wrong country. Didn't figure "Knights" to be synonymous with "Luftwaffe." but then again all German medals are Knight's Crosses with Oak Leaves and what not, so I guess it makes sense.
I'll make the switch today and check out all the aforementioned squads, see which one works best for me. Thanks guys!

By the way Devil, the 109F4 is also my preferred ride, with your skin adorning it! Props man, I love that yellow rudder and winter camo.

On a side note, I wish they had the Mg 151/15 variant nose cannon as an option, from what I read about it, it had a lot more kinetic smack than the Mg 151/20 resulting in some extra 4mm(?) in armor penetration.(Would be nice for my pilot/fuselage orientated aim) But alas, less explosive charge, so hard to say if it would be "Better" or not since it loses more punch with range.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 09:26:29 AM by Les Paul »

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 09:25:26 AM »
It appears I chose the wrong country. Didn't figure "Knights" to be synonymous with "Luftwaffe." but then again all German medals are Knight's Crosses with Oak Leaves and what not, so I guess it makes sense.
I'll make the switch today and check out all the aforementioned squads, see which one works best for me. Thanks guys!

By the way Devil, the 109F is also my preferred ride, with your skin adorning it! Props man, I love that yellow rudder and winter camo.

You won't find many squads on the Bishops that fly anything but American bombers, runstangs, and Tempests.  Usually in the most cowardly way imaginable.  :D
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 09:27:18 AM »

By the way Devil, the 109F is also my preferred ride, with your skin adorning it! Props man, I love that yellow rudder and winter camo.

It's good to switch sides every now and then. There are people on the other 2 countries that are just as equally friendly, awesome, and fun as the people on the other side.  :aok :salute :cheers:

Offline Les Paul

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 09:39:31 AM »
You won't find many squads on the Bishops that fly anything but American bombers, runstangs, and Tempests.

Mmm, I have noticed this trend as well. Hence me turning to the forums to communicate with you other countries. :P

Offline Rogue9Volt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 11:34:51 AM »
Did you ever find a Squad, Les?
InGame:  SW9volt

-Born To Lose, Live To Win-
Recruiting Officer,125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 11:42:42 AM »
When is Debrody coming back? That's when we'll have a looky see at his squad recommendations. Until then, idol talk   :noid

boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 03:36:49 PM »
It's good to switch sides every now and then. There are people on the other 2 countries that are just as equally friendly, awesome, and fun as the people on the other side.  :aok :salute :cheers:
+1
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2014, 04:41:32 AM »
When is Debrody coming back? That's when we'll have a looky see at his squad recommendations. Until then, idol talk   :noid

boo
Actually on the 3rd of April. Check the stats. Cheerio.
AoM
City of ice