Author Topic: Offline missions download  (Read 3121 times)

Offline PrivateConrad

• Zinc Member
Offline missions download
« on: January 09, 2014, 10:56:43 AM »
No clue how to download offline missions. Is there anyone that can help me out? Thanks!

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
Re: Offline missions download
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 05:36:43 PM »
While in-game... On your clipboard to the bottom right will display "staged missions"... Then you will be able to select the first option to view a list of available missions... NEXT BE SURE TO CLICK THE CHECKBOX for display foor all terrains... choose download and enjoy
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline PrivateConrad

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 06:05:18 PM »
It's showing me nothing. I downloaded a mission from askmisterwizard, the pacmix mission. I downloaded the terrain, put pacmix.res (saved as RES file) in missres folder under pacmix, and I have PacMix01.fld, PacMix01.pln, and PacMix.var (saved as FLD file, PLN file, and VAR file, none as htm or html) in the chconfig folder under SolomonC. Opened Aces High, went to the staged missions on the clipboard, and clicked on the select missions option, but every text box was blank, and every drop box was blank. This was right after reinstalling the game. Where did I go wrong?

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 11:10:45 PM »
It sounds like you have done everything right. Did you designate "SolomonC" in the "choose terrain" option when you started Aces High? Do you see the solomon islands on your clipboard (Guadalcanal, Bougainville, New Britain, etc.)?
 :salute

Offline PrivateConrad

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 06:45:31 AM »
Yeah, I was able to get onto the terrain, but no missions showed up. Also, running v 2.31.3, so should I just get 2.12 and download the missions for that version?

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 11:12:12 AM »
See the Bomb and Gunnery Practice post about 6 posts down.  It has instructions in a pdf format you can download and follow.  Good luck.

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 10:13:10 PM »
It's showing me nothing..... I put pacmix.res (saved as RES file) in missres folder under pacmix,.....  Where did I go wrong?

What you did works on my system. But perhaps you are using a different operating system from my ancient XP system.

You might try just storing the .RES file directly into your "missres" folder (instead of putting it in the pacmix subfolder). Maybe that will work.
 :salute

Offline PrivateConrad

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 02:28:10 PM »
Yeah, I tried that too, but still no luck. Got 2.12.4 and it works fine on that, just can't get the sound files working for some reason. To be honest, I think I like 2.12.4 better except for the way the damaged stuff is listed. Is LAN something we can expect to come back to the game in future patches or was it removed because not enough people were paying?

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 10:17:20 AM »
I do not expect LAN support to ever return again.

It was removed because a very few unscrupulous individuals were found to be cheating.

HTC is very clear that cheating is not tolerated.

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 10:22:52 AM »
Yeah, I tried that too, but still no luck. Got 2.12.4 and it works fine on that, just can't get the sound files working for some reason.

If you will follow instructions for version 2.12.4 from my website very very carefully, I am confident that the sound files will work. Many, many people have had success with them. But you must be sure to follow instructions in absolute detail.

When you get the sound files in place, your experience should be almost exactly like the video clips you can see in the YouTube preview clips from my website.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 10:26:28 AM by bbosen »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 01:33:02 AM »
For some reason, I don't have (nor can I find) the SolomanC terrain.

(edit) Nevermind - I've found it. Now if I can just get PacMix to work (or edit my own offline mission).
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 02:00:20 AM by Arlo »