Author Topic: Sound request  (Read 618 times)

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Sound request
« on: October 25, 2014, 09:48:22 PM »
I have requested this before but I think it needs to be brought up again. We need to have some sort of engine idle sound when the engine is at a certain RPM. At the moment it sounds rather unrealistic and frankly bad no mater what sound pack you're using. ARMA II handles this really well I think where when the engine starts to get over the RPM threshold for idle the idle sound file and engine running sound file with the pitch changing are slowly mixed together and the idle is sound file is slowly speed up until it transitions to the engine running sound.
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
Re: Sound request
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 11:44:33 AM »
It would be nice if it could be done.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 01:11:50 PM »
I have requested this before but I think it needs to be brought up again. We need to have some sort of engine idle sound when the engine is at a certain RPM. At the moment it sounds rather unrealistic and frankly bad no mater what sound pack you're using. ARMA II handles this really well I think where when the engine starts to get over the RPM threshold for idle the idle sound file and engine running sound file with the pitch changing are slowly mixed together and the idle is sound file is slowly speed up until it transitions to the engine running sound.

If you experiment with the sound level of start and run you can get them to blend in better.  Not perfect but better.  Then work with the individual sounds and the master sound level.

The best i can tell the engine start play time has a time limit and that doesn't help.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 03:15:34 PM »
Nope! Can't be done! There is no way to get exhaust, prop, fuselage resonance, supercharger airflow, and canopy airflow all in the same audio file and then in Aces High.  :D

http://youtu.be/Dlr8v-peFNw
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 05:11:34 PM »
Nope! Can't be done! There is no way to get exhaust, prop, fuselage resonance, supercharger airflow, and canopy airflow all in the same audio file and then in Aces High.  :D

http://youtu.be/Dlr8v-peFNw

What sond pack is that?!  :O

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 01:44:54 PM »
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 02:44:42 PM »
Or will be once it is updated. I have not been working real hard on that, because I thought the AHII/AHIII update might change the way sounds are used.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 06:09:58 PM »
Or will be once it is updated. I have not been working real hard on that, because I thought the AHII/AHIII update might change the way sounds are used.

As of yet I believe the sound engine is not changing, and the difference is only with graphics (Same as in AH/AHII update?).
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 01:37:16 AM »
Graphics are what you see in the images and videos that have been posted. They did mention "massive changes" to the game, so I believe it will be more than mere graphics.