Author Topic: A CANCER IS TAKING OVER AH!  (Read 4084 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: A CANCER IS TAKING OVER AH!
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2014, 03:04:50 AM »
how come I never see this fricking players bailing out?.  I have to resort to get all my kills by rocket vulching and cherry picking.  dang it, I wish I would get fired at work so I could play more.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2014, 07:32:47 AM »
Just don't go after the climbers.  They will not come down mostly so they become a none issue.  If they do come down, they are usually an easy kill.

Maybe a five minute tower suspension bail penalty might help.  Or maybe a roll of the dice kind of thing that matched the death rate during WW2 bailouts.  In other words when you bail there is a random chance you will die or even cooler, a random chance your parachute want open.  Ouch!

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2014, 08:40:28 AM »
just increase proxy range. simple
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2014, 08:43:58 AM »
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2014, 09:10:55 AM »
I am not sure fighters bailing is a cancer in the game so much as a symptom of some players/squads where score is more important than game play.  Bailing is just another form of running from a 1v1, sometimes a full sector to your base ack.  They have become experts at avoiding confrontation when they are anywhere near an equal E state.  It's funny (not really) how you hardly ever find those types of players in anything but the fastest of planes (Pee-51's, Tempests and Run-90's).   

It's their dime, but to spend their entire existence hiding in a corner waiting to pounce instead of mixing it up confounds me.  The nice thing is, when you do catch them where they are forced to fight, they are easy kills.  They don't have the skills, not enough practice.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2014, 09:15:10 AM »
just read a story about Xbox Live with their yellow and red cards for detrimental gameplay. 

A great idea.   Everytime someone PM's me with a cheat accusation they get a yellow card and a red for bailing out infront of me!   :old:
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2014, 09:18:13 AM »
I am not sure fighters bailing is a cancer in the game so much as a symptom of some players/squads where score is more important than game play

I really wonder where this persistent misconception comes from.
Bailing instead of trying to survive is absolutely detrimental to your score. Players bailing to get back to base an in the air again faster, or bailing to deny their opponent a possible kill, do not care about score at that moment at all.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2014, 09:21:54 AM »

I really wonder where this persistent misconception comes from.
Bailing instead of trying to survive is absolutely detrimental to your score. Players bailing to get back to base an in the air again faster, or bailing to deny their opponent a possible kill, do not care about score at that moment at all.
Perhaps "score" was a bad choice of words.. Bailing is better (to them) than a death... 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2014, 10:39:29 AM »
how come I never see this fricking players bailing out?.  I have to resort to get all my kills by rocket vulching and cherry picking.  dang it, I wish I would get fired at work so I could play more.

semp

Its because you view the world around you differently than normal human beings, its called 'semp-a-vision' its a condition were your own inflated sense of being right all the time and having things all 'semp's' way actually causes you to hallucinate to a great extent. In fact even though I have typed this whole sentence out you will not be seeing everything I have typed. Someone affected with semp-a-vision would discard words that he wouldn't fit into his view of the world, leaving a pleasing result for the semp viewing it, so this paragraph viewed through the eyes of a semp would read...

"'Its normal 'semp's' great"

« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 10:42:01 AM by pervert »

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2014, 12:00:31 PM »
A quick google did not find me any hard information.  I did find an untraceable account that USAF figured 2-3% casualties in emergency bailouts.  Not a firm enough source to suggest a bailout random death of say 5 out of 100 would be exaggerated.

Still, a random death while bailing out might be worth a wish.

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2014, 12:01:54 PM »
Its because you view the world around you differently than normal human beings, its called 'semp-a-vision' its a condition were your own inflated sense of being right all the time and having things all 'semp's' way actually causes you to hallucinate to a great extent. In fact even though I have typed this whole sentence out you will not be seeing everything I have typed. Someone affected with semp-a-vision would discard words that he wouldn't fit into his view of the world, leaving a pleasing result for the semp viewing it, so this paragraph viewed through the eyes of a semp would read...

:rofl

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2014, 12:29:03 PM »
Jayro raids are fun, he usually serves cake and ice cream afterwards.

ack-ack

WHAT!?

If I had know there was free cake, I would've stayed a base taking horde monkey :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2014, 12:45:02 PM »
Let them eat cake.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2014, 12:53:52 PM »
Last night in LW i see rook bombers coming in at near outer space so I climb a C-Hog up to 30K.

Sure enough, here comes a set of lancs at 27K.  I zoop in and kill the right eschelon lanc with a snapshot shot.  In a nano-second (seemingly) he has BAILED.  I get a proxy for kill #2, but the last one dissapears into air---gone.

Luckily I filmed it.

Welcome to Aces High!
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2014, 12:59:36 PM »

:rofl :rofl

not only is this funny as...well pretty damn funny...... :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

and spot on also......