Author Topic: A CANCER IS TAKING OVER AH!  (Read 4037 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: A CANCER IS TAKING OVER AH!
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2014, 01:40:23 PM »
I could care less about my score. But, I will not bail to avoid a fight. Yesterday I was almost out of ammo and had to get dinner cooking but an enemy was following me so I hung in there and let the fight happen, logging right after it was over.

To bail to avoid a fight is just a chicken crap way to play the game.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2014, 02:18:37 PM »

Something like this?

(Image removed from quote.)

;)

Obviously peoples internet is getting better! :old:

oh and horde behavior mixed with BnZ tactics are leading to less death and more landings!  :bolt:

If we had another late war arena I could get away from the lemming hordes!  :joystick:

Offline Ray77

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2014, 02:25:10 PM »
Last night I was trying out a D11.  I found it difficult to check my 6 in it with the views.   Tosh came up behind me in a spit 8.   I never saw him, and I suspect he knew I didn't see him and he shot what I think was a warning shot over me and flew past.   We then engaged and he got one of my elevators and and a flap.   I got a chance to escape and headed toward my base.   I consider surviving a bad situation part of the game.   But in this case I turned back and he got what turned out to be an easy kill, that was rightfully his anyway if it wasn't for his sportsmanship.  
Don't tread on me.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2014, 02:40:35 PM »
The other night, I think Tuesday, we were heading to attack a base when all of a sudden there is a 15+K N1K.  He flew very timidly, made a dive, and flew past everyone.  It wasn't long after he made his dive, a friendly player enclosed on him.  As soon as the friendly opened fire, the plane began to spiral to the ground and the icon disappeared.  I could only laugh at the timidness that was shown, and laughed even harder when I heard the name.  I don't think I have ever just bailed out of a plane to avoid being killed, and I don't understand that mentality of those that do.  :headscratch:

NOTE:  I'm not 100% sure if the player bailed, or if the friendly got one of those lucky 1 ping kills, but I am assuming the former.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 02:43:41 PM by Banshee7 »
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2014, 02:54:44 PM »
Obviously peoples internet is getting better! :old:

Obviously the reconnect feature is working  :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2014, 02:54:47 PM »
This Cancer didn't exist before players could end sortie while in a chute. I wish they would disable <.ef> for thirty seconds after <enter enter enter>.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2014, 03:00:00 PM »
If I bail it's because:

1. Someone already shot me down.

2. Something very important came up and there were no icons in range to fight (even just to give a kill to if it's so important it really just can't wait).

Other than that, I'll always try to get back to base - bingo, winchester, shot up, PW, whatever.

I don't get bomber-bailers (to avoid getting shot down by fighters), either (fighter-bailers, for that matter). I've been flying B-17s a lot this tour to see what's up. 20k + and you will never hardly see an enemy fighter take you on anywhere - even where the fight is (so all those guys posting they won't fly up to 20k to get bombers because it's a waste of time seems universal). 17k and you may get one. 15k and near any field with a fight and you'll get 2 or more (if they coordinate, good luck). 10kish or less and any enemy fighter in icon range will attack (at that point, if you ain't dropped you likely won't - concentrate on getting at least a kill or two). I had to fly the lower alts after a bit just to have a challenge. A buff jocky that's just out for score could potato it at 20k all day bombing towns without bailing.

Maybe it's that damned bailing accolade.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2014, 03:15:19 PM »
Now I am not sure.

If I hit a red's plane with one single MG round and he bails I get the kill..  Correct?

If he is untouched and the red bails then a kill is only issued if a green guy is near the plane crash?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2014, 03:17:51 PM »
If he is untouched and the red bails then a kill is only issued if a green guy is near the plane crash

To be exact: Near the plane the moment he bails

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2014, 03:29:01 PM »
Now I am not sure.

If I hit a red's plane with one single MG round and he bails I get the kill..  Correct?

If he is untouched and the red bails then a kill is only issued if a green guy is near the plane crash?

Just one projectile hit (yours) and the guy bails (at anytime without anyone else causing more damage to him) and you get a kill (both statistical and counting toward your name in lights).

No damage dealt and you are the closest to him when he bails (within a couple k or so) and you will get a 'proxie kill' (doesn't count toward statistics/points but still will count toward a 'name in lights landing' for that sortie).

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2014, 03:30:57 PM »
and you will get a 'proxie kill' (doesn't count toward statistics/points )

Proxy kills do count for stats, score and score points. You just don't get any perk points for it.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2014, 03:48:43 PM »
Proxy kills do count for stats, score and score points. You just don't get any perk points for it.

Huh. Wasn't always like that, was it? And .... why?

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2014, 03:53:39 PM »
It seems like then a five minute hold in the tower after a bail might work.  I know players bail sometimes to go get troops as an example.  Might curtail that a bit.  If you want a bail because of score that is your choice but you would still have the delay.  Not perfect for-sure.  Easier to code I would think than trying to deal with bails just to hack people off.  Of course the code guys and gals are probably going a bit blurry eyed now with the new graphics engine in progress.  I will take the new graphics over a bail fix.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2014, 03:59:22 PM »
It seems like then a five minute hold in the tower after a bail might work.

A crash too?  Either way it is not good, either because you have a 5 minute delay after any kind of death, or you can just auger to avoid the penalty.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2014, 04:05:18 PM »
Now I am not sure.

If I hit a red's plane with one single MG round and he bails I get the kill..  Correct?

Yeah but in both instances the doosh denies you something more important than a kill.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck