Author Topic: A CANCER IS TAKING OVER AH!  (Read 4080 times)

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
A CANCER IS TAKING OVER AH!
« on: March 26, 2014, 03:32:05 PM »
Well, I couldn't wait  to get back in the cockpit of my D-9. I take off and saw a red dot on my radar. I started searching and finally saw a ZERO. He saw me in pursuit and headed for the clouds. I followed him up for 14 minutes total. I'll give him credit he was staying out of reach of my guns and climbing well. We finally got to 30,000 feet. I got to 1000 feet from him and he hits the ripcord. He is gone! He is outta there. I'm left scrambling to try and make a hit on his plane which is falling fast while flipping and turning. I was at 500 MPH about to hit the wall were I will have to back off. BINGO! I got lucky and hit his plane with one of my cannons. It explodes and I get the kill. I should be happy but I'm not. I don't play the game for that crap. I return to base. Log the film.

I take off and again I see a red dot on the radar. I take off in the direction of the dot. It did take long to intercept a 110 on the deck. I turn around and point my nose in his direction. BINGO.......he hits the ripcord and he is gone, his plane hits the deck and blows up. I wasn't any where near him and never got off a shot. I return to base steaming. Is this the way the game is evolving?  Rather than get shot down we just bail?

I see this happening more and more but today was my first day to be on the receiving end. It really takes the fun out of the game. I know in War this could be done but would it? Not if you wanted to live. I hope others who have had this done to them will speak up. I got mine on tape but doubt that sending them in will accomplish anything. If others speak up maybe AH will address the problem.

STOMP OUT THE CANCER!

KIMO :frown: :frown: :frown:

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
Re: A CANCER IS TAKING OVER AH!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 03:35:22 PM »
Fisher01 did this to me last night, as did a Corsair who was flying with SFOX, Kodis, and SHawk the night before (I assume it was SFOX or SHawk, but I never checked the film to confirm).
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 03:46:13 PM »
It's the way the game is now. People are more concerned about "WINNING ZE WAR!" than actually fighting it out and having fun. All I ever see anymore is mass NOE raids into empty bases for an easy take and if even one planes takes off to defend they will all give up and go mass NOE a different base. These past few days maps have just been getting steamrolled in 1-2 days (even the large maps that we usually get stuck with for 7 days!) because there are no fighter pilots left in the game.

Come join Aces High 2! An "Avoid combat at all cost Simulator!" That's what I think they game had become nowdays. I'm hoping with the new terrain update HTC picks up a bunch more new players who want to fight it out in their fighters, bombers, or vehicles. Not bomb and capture empty bases and bail at the first sight of an enemy.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 03:47:10 PM »
Well, I couldn't wait  to get back in the cockpit of my D-9. I take off and saw a red dot on my radar. I started searching and finally saw a ZERO. He saw me in pursuit and headed for the clouds. I followed him up for 14 minutes total. I'll give him credit he was staying out of reach of my guns and climbing well. We finally got to 30,000 feet. I got to 1000 feet from him and he hits the ripcord. He is gone! He is outta there. I'm left scrambling to try and make a hit on his plane which is falling fast while flipping and turning. I was at 500 MPH about to hit the wall were I will have to back off. BINGO! I got lucky and hit his plane with one of my cannons. It explodes and I get the kill. I should be happy but I'm not. I don't play the game for that crap. I return to base. Log the film.

I take off and again I see a red dot on the radar. I take off in the direction of the dot. It did take long to intercept a 110 on the deck. I turn around and point my nose in his direction. BINGO.......he hits the ripcord and he is gone, his plane hits the deck and blows up. I wasn't any where near him and never got off a shot. I return to base steaming. Is this the way the game is evolving?  Rather than get shot down we just bail?

I see this happening more and more but today was my first day to be on the receiving end. It really takes the fun out of the game. I know in War this could be done but would it? Not if you wanted to live. I hope others who have had this done to them will speak up. I got mine on tape but doubt that sending them in will accomplish anything. If others speak up maybe AH will address the problem.

STOMP OUT THE CANCER!

KIMO :frown: :frown: :frown:
You don't have to hit their plane to get a kill if you where in 1,000 ft of him you would get a instant proxie...

But I agree what a piss poor attitude

It's the way the game is now. People are more concerned about "WINNING ZE WAR!" than actually fighting it out and having fun. All I ever see anymore is mass NOE raids into empty bases for an easy take and if even one planes takes off to defend they will all give up and go mass NOE a different base. These past few days maps have just been getting steamrolled in 1-2 days (even the large maps that we usually get stuck with for 7 days!) because there are no fighter pilots left in the game.

Come join Aces High 2! An "Avoid combat at all cost Simulator!" That's what I think they game had become nowdays. I'm hoping with the new terrain update HTC picks up a bunch more new players who want to fight it out in their fighters, bombers, or vehicles. Not bomb and capture empty bases and bail at the first sight of an enemy.

And its not even a issue about "winning the war" its just people don't like to fight. Many people who like to win wars would still fight, like ET37s missions.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 03:49:02 PM by olds442 »
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 03:47:45 PM »

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 04:13:16 PM »
it's the same issue with bomb and bail-which i don't care about--and lancstukas--but it's their 14.95 or 15.95 in my location it's 16.95
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 04:15:20 PM »

And its not even a issue about "winning the war" its just people don't like to fight. Many people who like to win wars would still fight, like ET37s missions.

I do like people like ET or Jayro who get a bunch of people together to beat the crap out of our enemies.  :)

The ones I don't like are the ones who bring a mass of planes to an undefended base, meet some opposition, and just give up to go hit a different empty base. This is the large majority of missions I see anymore. I'd love to see more mission planners like ET or Jayro who continue the fight once they meet opposition.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 04:18:02 PM »
Jayro raids are fun, he usually serves cake and ice cream afterwards.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 04:41:27 PM »
it's the same issue with bomb and bail-which i don't care about--and lancstukas--but it's their 14.95 or 15.95 in my location it's 16.95

Watch repeatedly until you feel better:

http://youtu.be/0Ly6u_KnlyE

:D

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 04:49:54 PM »
Same as it ever was.

I really don't see anymore ganging, bailing, hoing, noe raiding, vulching, running, milk running, tool shedding or (insert term) than there ever was.  I find good fights every night.  Yes, some nights the map is getting steamrolled and its 2 countries vs 1, but the next night its a stalemate, or who is steamrolling who changes.

I'm all for encouraging fighting as thats the whole point, but I honestly don't think gameplay has changed much over the years.  Aside from less overall players online, it all seems about the same to me.

Maybe Snailman has a bail spreadsheet somewhere  :D
AMAX  in game

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 05:11:46 PM »
I thought this was going to be about that guy spamming the O'Club with threads

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 05:14:36 PM »
Maybe Snailman has a bail spreadsheet somewhere  :D

Something like this?

;)

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 05:20:35 PM »
Right.  Except you need to break out undamaged bails and jabo suicides. :D  :bolt:

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Angry Samoan

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2014, 05:26:22 PM »
yup   same ole same ole....  robbed of a kill to get a better score..   please tell me chivarly is not dead. If someone bails on you, pat yourself on the back.  so what if you dont land a kill.  you got the kill. 

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 05:28:28 PM »
Huh...I always thought that I killed them with my mind when that happens.  Guess I was wrong... :(
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!