Author Topic: Tank mouse  (Read 631 times)

Offline noobnite

• Zinc Member
Tank mouse
« on: March 22, 2014, 01:47:43 PM »
Had a question in reference to controls. I would like to rig a way where in A/C I use the stick, but in gv I use the mouse. My stick is making it really hard to do any fine, pin point adjustments. Works great on aircraft, but not so much in a tank gun where I'm shooting considerable distances.
Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
Re: Tank mouse
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 03:04:40 PM »
First question,,, do you have auto mode set?
If yes,, then go to advanced settings, mode two, and slow down The control axis that are going to fast,( gun I'm sure)
If no,, set it to auto,, it should then switch from airplane control mode to GV control mode when you up one or the other then set up mode two too your liking in advanced settings.

I don't use the mouse so I'm not sure about setting it up but if you like, we can go to the TA and work on setting you up!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 03:08:14 PM »
There is a way to do this. And most players here who spend a lot of time in tanks do have it the way you want.

I have buttons mapped to zoom, turn on/off engine, accelerate...to my stick, but use the mouse for aiming, viewing and such (trackball.)

On your clipboard, there is an area where you select to change the mode. You need to make planes your mode 1 and gv's mode 2. Then you can go in there and change buttons/key mapping for mode 2.  

When you get it right, you'll notice that when you start a sortie in a gv, it will say in text buffer in orange, mode 2 selected...

Sorry off the top of my head I don't recall exactly step by step where to go, but if the above wasn't enough to figure out, ask on ch 200/help when there are a lot of players on, someone should get to you. If nobody does, and you see me in game, I'll go to the TA and help you get set up.

GL

:salute
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline noobnite

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 11:24:05 AM »
Thanks much for the replies! I'm getting rdy to load Aces High offline and get to tinkering with both control layout adjustments! Again, thanks! <S>
Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 06:42:13 PM »
 :bolt:

Offline noobnite

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 06:56:30 PM »
Look ya'll! The newest GV! Complete with 75 mm cannon, and "wraparound" type armor! To be seen in a TT near you soon!

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 10:26:30 AM »
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 10:58:53 AM »