Author Topic: Food for thought ...  (Read 15985 times)

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
Re: Food for thought ...
« Reply #375 on: April 05, 2014, 10:04:38 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 11:26:34 AM by hitech »
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #376 on: April 05, 2014, 10:26:32 PM »
for quote of rule #4
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 11:26:49 AM by hitech »

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #377 on: April 05, 2014, 11:01:52 PM »
I'm just glad people don't take computer games to serious.
See Rule #4

Offline Coach

• Copper Member
« Reply #378 on: April 05, 2014, 11:21:30 PM »
Not sure saying 'back in the day' is the correct answer but........... I learned in MacAW..... there were guys like Ren, Fool, Columbo, Pars and others who were awesome in acm.  More importantly, they would take you aside and teach you.  Yep, we were really just a bunch of OLD guys who loved the history of airplanes and the ART of dogfighting.  Yes, sometimes our online bills reached the 700 dollar mark and beyond per month....not mine.....just $400 :) .  Today?  the advent of eye candy bang bang shoot em up games have become the norm.  The history lesson has given way to an arcade game.  If you want to keep history and realism (to the best we can achieve) grab a new guy and help them..... don't be a smartass and play the typical type alt f4 crap.  You old guys know who you are.... I'm guilty too of not helping enough but will try better in the future.  Who's in?

My $0.02

Coach

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #379 on: April 05, 2014, 11:50:32 PM »
Not sure saying 'back in the day' is the correct answer but........... I learned in MacAW..... there were guys like Ren, Fool, Columbo, Pars and others who were awesome in acm.  More importantly, they would take you aside and teach you.  Yep, we were really just a bunch of OLD guys who loved the history of airplanes and the ART of dogfighting.  Yes, sometimes our online bills reached the 700 dollar mark and beyond per month....not mine.....just $400 :) .  Today?  the advent of eye candy bang bang shoot em up games have become the norm.  The history lesson has given way to an arcade game.  If you want to keep history and realism (to the best we can achieve) grab a new guy and help them..... don't be a smartass and play the typical type alt f4 crap.  You old guys know who you are.... I'm guilty too of not helping enough but will try better in the future.  Who's in?

My $0.02

Coach

Offline Gray

• Copper Member
« Reply #380 on: April 05, 2014, 11:51:45 PM »
IN.  :aok

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #381 on: April 06, 2014, 08:27:49 AM »

My $0.02

Coach

Actually it's been a good while since I've seen the "alt f4" used in-game, least on Rook.  Mostly it's, "Go to the TA.  Someone will answer your questions there." or "Go to the website and read the help section.  Answers are there." or various usage of words that literally amount to "stupid noob".

Besides, Alt F4 for nukes IS real.  Up a B-29 and take a look over your R shoulder. :D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #382 on: April 06, 2014, 12:51:20 PM »

My $0.02

Coach

Hey Coach :)

Say hi to NB for me if you see him, been a long time.. hope all is well

NwBie

Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #383 on: April 06, 2014, 03:24:43 PM »
Goodness...
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #384 on: April 06, 2014, 04:41:05 PM »
 :)
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #385 on: April 06, 2014, 04:49:18 PM »
pandora come play world of tanks with us.  then you'll really see some really bad players  :D.  but taking a break is good.  I can only play every other week due to work and now I am looking at at least a month before i can play again as my throttle broke and I dont want to spend money to buy another before the x55 is out.

semp

Tanks HO! hehe

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Coach

• Copper Member
« Reply #386 on: April 07, 2014, 08:05:14 PM »
Hey Coach :)

Say hi to NB for me if you see him, been a long time.. hope all is well

NwBie

NwBie!

Great to see ole friend.  I sure will.